super bowl weekend trip report (day one)

ok guys will i just got back and i havent really been a sleep since friday, but i am going to try and do my best on posting a report and i will try to keep it as short as possible. this will just be day one. day two will be even better and i will post a pic of my let it ride winnings when i got quads. first of all it was a great weekend, daniel is really a class act and i want to thank him for putting this together. it was my first time in vegas and i can tell you that i dont think it will ever get better than the time i had this weekend. this report wont even do it justice. the festivities started on saturday at around when we went out to lunch. it was a good time because none of us had meet each other yet. so it was fun to try and put screen names to faces. next we moved to the poker room. and let me tell you ceasars has a great poker room. we started things of with a two table sit n go prize pool of 1k. we drew tables and i was lucky (well maybe unlucky) to draw the same table as daniel. before we dealt the first hand daniel calls out who will be the first and second guys out. and what do you know he was correct. things for me in the tourney started really really slow. i couldnt make anything happen. then i picked up kings doubled and managed to buil a stack. i got down to the final five and yes daniel was still there and me, mike and t-dog (the guy who wins everything) where left to and where the ones eligible for the prizes. mike busted and recieved 200 for his troubles. then it was down to four and me and t-dog where playing for the remaining money. i had t-dog out chiped by a lot until i decieded to play a pot with daniel. for some reason on a ten q 4 board i felt that my ten 8 was a winner when daniel moved in. well it wasnt and that gave dn some chips. i was now short stacked and had about 8k with a 2k bb. i decieded to move in with king high and was called by t-dog in the bb with ace 7. i didnt suck out and i got 300 for my troubles which meant t-dog was the winner for the 500. this tourney was still however not over. there was a lot of bragging rights on the line, and many people on the rail watching so you know dn was ready to play. it came down to t-dog and dn. dn played like and champ and executed and big time bluff with k high?? i think which gave him a chip lead and soon finished off t-dog to win his own tourney. the crowd went wild.we played some more cards and then it was time to go eat at bobby flays resturant. this place was awesome. i had the ny strip. we also had many bottles of wine do go a long with it. it was a great dinner because dn gave us all a lot of insight on how to play tournies and how to play them well at minimum risk while building a big stack at the same time. i didnt talk to much i just kind of wanted to be a sponge and soak it all up. he has an infinate amount of knowledge and it was great to get tips from him. i tell you what who ever is the protege WILL be a great card player with his help.after the dinner it was time to go to time pure. we had a vip booth, this place was crazy, out booth was on the roof top of ceasers and over looked the strip. and dn didnt hold back. we had the vodka and crown flowing and had the dom p on the side. guys if you havent been to this place you have got to go. oh and i got to tell you i hung out with dn's brother mike for most of the night. he is an awesome guy. he is also a crown royal machine. me and him walk through the club and made various bets on many things. (dont bet with this guy he wins them all some how and he has crazy game too). if i ever get to tor0nto i will definately look him up so we can take over the toronto bar scene. after the club me, mike (my guest), and chris thought it was a good idea for us to play some black jack. but we where pretty drunk (i couldnt even add my cards correctly) we ended up play something called slashjack. i still dont get what it is but i dont think it worked well for me because i lost 250 and was staying on soft 17's after the slash-jack session i decieded to call it a night and get a good two hours in before the next days festivities. day one was awesome. i tried to keep it short. and i know i forgot a lot of things. i will be posting day two in a little while (which includes dn stomping the 1-2 game we had playing blind). i just got to unpack and get some sleep.more to come,crocd99

ok guys will i just got back and i havent really been a sleep since friday, but i am going to try and do my best on posting a report and i will try to keep it as short as possible.  this will just be day one.  day two will be even better and i will post a pic of my let it ride winnings when i got quads.  first of all it was a great weekend, daniel is really a class act and i want to thank him for putting this together.  it was my first time in vegas and i can tell you that i dont think it will ever get better than the time i had this weekend. this report wont even do it justice.  the festivities started on saturday at around when we went out to lunch.  it was a good time because none of us had meet each other yet.  so it was fun to try and put screen names to faces.  next we moved to the poker room.  and let me tell you ceasars has a great poker room.  we started things of with a two table sit n go prize pool of 1k.  we drew tables and i was lucky (well maybe unlucky) to draw the same table as daniel.  before we dealt the first hand daniel calls out who will be the first and second guys out.  and what do you know he was correct.  things for me in the tourney started really really slow.  i couldnt make anything happen. then i picked up kings doubled and managed to buil a stack.  i got down to the final five and yes daniel was still there and me, mike and t-dog (the guy who wins everything) where left to and where the ones eligible for the prizes.  mike busted and recieved 200 for his troubles.  then it was down to four and me and t-dog where playing for the remaining money.  i had t-dog out chiped by a lot until i decieded to play a pot with daniel.  for some reason on a ten q 4 board i felt that my ten 8 was a winner when daniel moved in.  well it wasnt and that gave dn some chips.  i was now short stacked and had about 8k with a 2k bb.  i decieded to move in with king high and was called by t-dog in the bb with ace 7.  i didnt suck out and i got 300 for my troubles which meant t-dog  was the winner for the 500.  this tourney was still however not over.  there was a lot of bragging rights on the line, and many people on the rail watching so you know dn was ready to play.  it came down to t-dog and dn.  dn played like and champ and executed and big time bluff with k high?? i think which gave him a chip lead and soon finished off t-dog to win his own tourney.  the crowd went wild.we played some more cards and then it was time to go eat at bobby flays resturant. this place was awesome.  i had the ny strip.  we also had many bottles of wine do go a long with it.  it was a great dinner because dn gave us all a lot of insight on how to play tournies and how to play them well at minimum risk while building a big stack at the same time.  i didnt talk to much i just kind of wanted to be a sponge and soak it all up. he has an infinate amount of knowledge and it was great to get tips from him.  i tell you what who ever is the protege WILL be a great card player with his help.after the dinner it was time to go to time pure.  we had a vip booth, this place was crazy, out booth was on the roof top of ceasers and over looked the strip. and dn didnt hold back.  we had the vodka and crown flowing and had the dom p on the side.  guys if you havent been to this place you have got to go.  oh and i got to tell you i hung out with dn's brother mike for most of the night.  he is an awesome guy.  he is also a crown royal machine.  me and him walk through the club and made various bets on many things.  (dont bet with this guy he wins them all some how and he has crazy game too).  if i ever get to tor0nto i will definately look him up so we can take over the toronto bar scene.  after the club me, mike (my guest), and chris thought it was a good idea for us to play some black jack.  but we where pretty drunk (i couldnt even add my cards correctly) we ended up play something called slashjack.  i still dont get what it is but i dont think it worked well for me because i lost 250 and was staying on soft 17's after the slash-jack session i decieded to call it a night and get a good two hours in before the next days festivities.  day one was awesome.  i tried to keep it short.  and i know i forgot a lot of things.  i will be posting day two in a little while (which includes dn stomping the 1-2 game we had playing blind).  i just got to unpack and get some sleep.more to come,crocd99
Nice meeting you crocd99...had a blast on Saturday!

I'm sitting here at the airport with limited time on this machine, so going to make this quick.THIS TRIP WAS AWESOME!!PURE is totally crazy awesome!!It was great meeting all the guys (and girls don't want to leave Patty and Lori out, oh and mom. ) Can't wait to see some more pics, I'll post some tomorrow after I get some sleep.Thanks for the awesome time to the FCP team.bird75

Croc, care to give you some insight of what daniel say about tournament poker?
i thought about it and i probably shouldnt. first because i will probably wont explain right and second he said it is going to be in his new book. so i wouldnt want to ruin his books sales if i revealed all the knowledge in the book.