this can't be right can it?

Ok so i see this all the time when playing PLO8 on Full Tilt.4 Limpers + BB + SB..BB is very passive.The SB will fold preflop and not even up.This just seems like it should be wrong. Your getting 11 to 1 odds preflop to call with a VERY slim chance of a raise comming from the BB. It seems that with any 4 cards excluding trips and quads you would have the correct pot odds to even up.Am i wrong or should i be folding more in the SB?

With trips and quads? No! If they are terrible passive players, don't set up bluffs.

With trips and quads? No! If they are terrible passive players, don't set up bluffs.
OK maybe i confused some people.This was meant as a preflop situation...If your holding XXXX with the exlusion of trips or quads in your hand preflop. Should you be evening up in the small blind when your getting 11 to 1 odds on your call?

I used to think the same thing (coming from hold'em), but then smasharoo showed me the error of my ways, pointing out the significance of position AND your cards. I suggest you read up on all articles concerning position, to enlighten you. 8)

I fold unless it's a hand I would call UTG. The fact of being OOP means that even if I get a good flop the chances of scooping a good pot are slim. Almost any "random" hand (e.g., middle cards or suited w/o A) will be vulnerable even after a good flop.

the question you asking is shouldnt you call with any hand and the odds.the answer is no. sometimes you'll have to fold a seemingly playable hand. Something with like an A5s because you aren't really gonna be drawing to the nut low. say you catch a flush draw and it misses but there is a low which you think might be good and it's going to cost you money in the long run.

What percentages do you guys play?You should be calling quite often in the small blind with two-way potential hands. However, consider the fact that completing the blind costs a third of a round. That's roughly 3 more hands you get to see for free.

What percentages do you guys play?You should be calling quite often in the small blind with two-way potential hands. However, consider the fact that completing the blind costs a third of a round. That's roughly 3 more hands you get to see for free.
My VPIP SB = 34% - so 2/3 of the time I am letting it go.Completing the SB and calling raises in the BB can be a huge leak in PLO8....not so much because of the money that you put in pre-flop, but because of the money you put in later before backing out on the turn or river when you realize that your hand can't take the heat that it is being put under by a player in position. If you want to limit positional disadvantage, then you need to have a hand that you can imagine goign to war with early on. If you can't imagine a reasonabel number of flops that would enable that - then dont' play.I looked out a couple of threads from last year on this, where Smash's comments were absolutley spot on, IMO:http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...8876&highlight=http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...0815&highlight=(If you want to do some more gold mining, search the for his posts last year in the Omaha forum - before the HiLo one got created).Finally, if you need help folding in the blinds, just remember that if you don't play, the hands will pass quicker and you will get your button sooner :-)
My VPIP SB = 34% - so 2/3 of the time I am letting it go.Completing the SB and calling raises in the BB can be a huge leak in PLO8....not so much because of the money that you put in pre-flop, but because of the money you put in later before backing out on the turn or river when you realize that your hand can't take the heat that it is being put under by a player in position. If you want to limit positional disadvantage, then you need to have a hand that you can imagine goign to war with early on. If you can't imagine a reasonabel number of flops that would enable that - then dont' play.I looked out a couple of threads from last year on this, where Smash's comments were absolutley spot on, IMO:http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...8876&highlight=http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...0815&highlight=(If you want to do some more gold mining, search the for his posts last year in the Omaha forum - before the HiLo one got created).Finally, if you need help folding in the blinds, just remember that if you don't play, the hands will pass quicker and you will get your button sooner :-)
My VPIP from the SB is around 31%, and I was just about to ask if this was low. I echo Smash's sentiments on this subject.

I think you are basically correct with one rub. You have to be able to play the hand well postflop. I think people in this forum worry way too much about preflop selection when most profit in PLO8 comes on later streets. I generally play pretty tight preflop, because good starting hand selection makes later streets easier, but I am pretty sure someone with a VPIP of 30% and even a bit higher can do very well in this game if they are excellent postflop.As to completing the SB with anay 4, if you are used to playing solid starting hands then complete with trash in the SB you are going to be out of position and playing a hand that you are not used to seeing flops with. Is 458 a good flop for 67K2 rainbow? No, it is about as good as you can expect, but you will probably lose money with this hand if you don't know what to do with it. Folding junk in the SB is a way to protect yourself from costly situations that many people have a hard time with. I call much more from the SB than any other spot though.