my project is underway...

Completely do-able if you know how to play. A couple weeks ago donked off my bankroll after going on tilt in NLHE after a series of really horrible beats and was going to take a break for a while. Well, I signed on to play a free-roll and found $3 in my bonus account that had been credited so I put it in the $.15/$.30 and worked it up to about $60 and then moved to $.50/$1 and worked it up to about $150 and now switch between $1/$2 and $.50/$1 and have that original $3 up to over $1200 in just about 3 weeks. If I were being more aggressive and not concerned with bankroll management, I'm sure I could have had the $3 up to over $5000, but with also a reasonable possiblity of going broke due to variance that I've encountered in the meantime as well.Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey OP, I think the biggest problem with your plan is the timeframe. While turning $100 into $5k is very possible, I think doing it in a month is a little unrealistic. If you practice proper bankroll management, even at 2BB/100 you'll have to play a censored of hands to get there. Good Luck though.
I practiced bankroll management at first until I cleared the bonus at 333poker. Then I just tired of it. It's hard to play 40-80 and then go to .50-1..... I prob played around 7-8 hours a day, 6 tables at once. It really cut into my B&R profits so I had to stop.
I'm ending the project early.... the money is too small. Final bankroll: $3985. Alot of bonus whoring, multi-tabling, and endless hours in front of my comp.
So you went broke. Yeah..that makes sense. Donk.
How is the money too low? You start with $100 and in two weeks you have $3900. You must have a really good job, because last time I checked $3800 in two weeks is pretty good.
It was 17 days.... played roughly 8 hours a day..... 7 days a week. Do the math, I didn't make crap. That is $27 a hour playing 6 tables... not very good. I'm a live 40-80 player and make over $120 an hour for the past 6 months. It was a huge paycut. Just wanted to show that loose agressive poker can yield nice results. My stats were VPIP% 26 PFR% 12 AFP 3.2.
How is the money too low? You start with $100 and in two weeks you have $3900. You must have a really good job, because last time I checked $3800 in two weeks is pretty good.
It was 17 days.... played roughly 8 hours a day..... 7 days a week. Do the math, I didn't make crap. That is $27 a hour playing 6 tables... not very good. I'm a live 40-80 player and make over $120 an hour for the past 6 months. It was a huge paycut. Just wanted to show that loose agressive poker can yield nice results. My stats were VPIP% 26 PFR% 12 AFP 3.2.
Uh-huh.....you went broke and are now just making sh*t up probably.
I'm ending the project early.... the money is too small. Final bankroll: $3985. Alot of bonus whoring, multi-tabling, and endless hours in front of my comp.
What is it with losing players that always see the worst in people? Yes, my life is so unfilling that I come to a random poker forum and make up stats to impress complete strangers. I honestly don't know who would waste their time doing that; maybe some 16 year old micro-limit player or someone who would accuse another of doing that. I would love to play everyone who is talking smack, but your bankrolls honestly are not worth my time; build a roll, move up in limits and I'll take...oops... play you for it. I did this as a pet project to teach my cousin how to play and a bunh of micro-limit donks are questioning my integrity and honesty. Keep plugging away at .05 - .10, you'll move up to 1-2 in a couple of years :club:
What is it with losing players that always see the worst in people? Yes, my life is so unfilling that I come to a random poker forum and make up stats to impress complete strangers. I honestly don't know who would waste their time doing that; maybe some 16 year old micro-limit player or someone who would accuse another of doing that. I would love to play everyone who is talking smack, but your bankrolls honestly are not worth my time; build a roll, move up in limits and I'll take...oops... play you for it. I did this as a pet project to teach my cousin how to play and a bunh of micro-limit donks are questioning my integrity and honesty. Keep plugging away at .05 - .10, you'll move up to 1-2 in a couple of years :club:
I don't think there's much of a need to defend yourself. I mean if you did what you did, that's cool. No sense trying to prove it to everyone else that you did it.
Because it is fun to watch you get so defensive about it so quickly. Relax..noone really cares whether you are for real or just making it all up. (Probably making it all up...) Just dumb that you care so much about your little "project" and then are seemingly just about to complete it.....and then all of a sudden you just stop..even though the "purpose" of the project was to show your "cousin" that low-limit poker can be beat and you can build a roll or whatever..and then you quit despite making adequate progress...lol...sounds pretty fishy. "HEY GUYS, I'M GONNA START A LITTLE PROJECT WHERE I'M GONNA TURN 100 INTO 5000 IN A MONTH.....JUST TO SHOW MY COUSIN WHAT PERSISTENCE AND LEARNING THE GAME CAN DO FOR YOU!! I KNOW YOU ARE ALL STRANGERS TO ME, BUT I'M SURE YOU DEEPLY CARE ANYWAYS, LOL!?!?!""OH, HEY GUYS, I'M MAKING 27 AN HOUR AND PLAYING A TON OF HANDS AND ABOUT HALFWAY THROUGH THE MONTH, I'M UP TO NEARLY 4000....BUT....UH..YOU KNOW, I, ..UH...I.....IT ISN'T ENOUGH FOR ME..AND UH..YEAH, I'M GONNA STOP, BUT I STILL DID GOOD..YEAH, I WON MONEY, I'M GOOD. "Fishy.
Because it is fun to watch you get so defensive about it so quickly. Relax..noone really cares whether you are for real or just making it all up. (Probably making it all up...) Just dumb that you care so much about your little "project" and then are seemingly just about to complete it.....and then all of a sudden you just stop..even though the "purpose" of the project was to show your "cousin" that low-limit poker can be beat and you can build a roll or whatever..and then you quit despite making adequate progress...lol...sounds pretty fishy. "HEY GUYS, I'M GONNA START A LITTLE PROJECT WHERE I'M GONNA TURN 100 INTO 5000 IN A MONTH.....JUST TO SHOW MY COUSIN WHAT PERSISTENCE AND LEARNING THE GAME CAN DO FOR YOU!! I KNOW YOU ARE ALL STRANGERS TO ME, BUT I'M SURE YOU DEEPLY CARE ANYWAYS, LOL!?!?!""OH, HEY GUYS, I'M MAKING 27 AN HOUR AND PLAYING A TON OF HANDS AND ABOUT HALFWAY THROUGH THE MONTH, I'M UP TO NEARLY 4000....BUT....UH..YOU KNOW, I, ..UH...I.....IT ISN'T ENOUGH FOR ME..AND UH..YEAH, I'M GONNA STOP, BUT I STILL DID GOOD..YEAH, I WON MONEY, I'M GOOD. "Fishy.
I sent you a PM b/c I honestly thought you wanted to play me or something. Please disregard my PM... I checked some threads and you play .50-1 NL haha. I thought you were a mid-stakes player that wanted to play.... turns out your a low-limit donk with no time on his hands. Bro, please build a roll and move up in limits. If you want I'll help you out and send you a list of the sites I played on and the amount of bonus I cleared. Do you have 4 grand in your roll? It's not that hard Kowboy... all it is bonus clearing. Good luck at the tables.
Ok.... how much is your roll and what site do you want to play on? It seems like your challenging me and I'll accept it. I will not play anthing lower than 10-20 and no higher than 80-160 and I will play NLHE (the lowest I will go is 3-6 600 max and the highest I will go is 5-10 blinds $1000), LHE, PLO/8 (the limits are the same as NL), 7Stud/8.... no Chinese poker or Razz. Let me know.... if you live in So. Cal, I can set up a private game at Commerce.
Nice PM you just sent me. I can't PM back..so I'll respond here..Lol...wow..how defensive can you get?? I don't recall me ever challenging you in poker or saying I am "better than you" or anything to that effect. Nice empty challenge though..I tell you what, if you live in northeastern Missouri, I'll challenge you to a 500 dollar heads up Minesweeper match. My best time on Beginner level is 3 seconds, my best time on Intermediate level is 31, and my best time on Expert is 88, so I challenge you to come play me. I accept your "challenge," bring it on...lol. Seriously though, WTF are you getting so defensive for?? It was one flame..get over it. Plus, you getting so worked up about it pretty much means that I was right...you must have went broke and didn't want to admit it..so you just made up a story about you "wanting" to finish it..lol. Take care.
I sent you a PM b/c I honestly thought you wanted to play me or something. Please disregard my PM... I checked some threads and you play .50-1 NL haha. I thought you were a mid-stakes player that wanted to play.... turns out your a low-limit donk with no time on his hands. Bro, please build a roll and move up in limits. If you want I'll help you out and send you a list of the sites I played on and the amount of bonus I cleared. Do you have 4 grand in your roll? It's not that hard Kowboy... all it is bonus clearing. Good luck at the tables.
Oh, and in response to this..yeah, I don't know what made you think I was "challenging" you or anything....all I said was that your story smelled fishy...which it does. Also, hell, I don't play .50-1 NL, I play .50/1 and 1/2 Stud mostly, not as good of an NL player..but I'm working on it. Oh, yeah though, I'm sure you feel all big and bad just saying that you have a gigantic roll and that you play ultra high stakes and blah blah blah blah. Fact is, nothing can really be proven, so it doesn't matter. I, however, am a high stakes Minesweeper player. Mostly $5,000 heads up Expert level matches..I'm the best. Also..no, I don't have 4 grand in my roll...I use the poker winnings to pay for silly little things like tuition, books, food, auto insurance, and other such "luxuries." So....congrats on your "roll" which I am sure goes great with your "awesome car" and "hot wife" and "gigantic mansion" and "your butler" and your "big screen plasma TV" and your "season tickets to all your favorite sports teams" and your "abundance of wealthy and famous friends" and all the other "luxuries" in your life. Lol..(Seriously though...you're probably just some average 1/2 Limit player trying to act all big. Doesn't really matter though.)
Ok.... how much is your roll and what site do you want to play on? It seems like your challenging me and I'll accept it. I will not play anthing lower than 10-20 and no higher than 80-160 and I will play NLHE (the lowest I will go is 3-6 600 max and the highest I will go is 5-10 blinds $1000), LHE, PLO/8 (the limits are the same as NL), 7Stud/8.... no Chinese poker or Razz. Let me know.... if you live in So. Cal, I can set up a private game at Commerce.
Nice PM you just sent me. I can't PM back..so I'll respond here..Lol...wow..how defensive can you get?? I don't recall me ever challenging you in poker or saying I am "better than you" or anything to that effect. Nice empty challenge though..I tell you what, if you live in northeastern Missouri, I'll challenge you to a 500 dollar heads up Minesweeper match. My best time on Beginner level is 3 seconds, my best time on Intermediate level is 31, and my best time on Expert is 88, so I challenge you to come play me. I accept your "challenge," bring it on...lol. Seriously though, WTF are you getting so defensive for?? It was one flame..get over it. Plus, you getting so worked up about it pretty much means that I was right...you must have went broke and didn't want to admit it..so you just made up a story about you "wanting" to finish it..lol. Take care.
I completely misread what your statements meant. It said your were a veteran in the forums and I have seen you post on numerous occasions and assumed you played mid-limits. I thought you were talking to get me to play you and hence, challenging me. That's why I got so defensive. If your just flaming b/c you have nothing else to do, then go for it. I thought you were doing it for a reason. My bad. Flame away.

Kowboy.... that is really bad form. I thought you were challenging me, so rather than make it a public deal, I sent you a PM so we could play and nobody would have to know about it. Why would you take a private communication that I sent to you and make it public? That is not kosher. BTW... I have played people from this forum in similar matches. I won't say their names, but if they want to chime in, go ahead. The games were nothing, but competitive and cordial. How immature are you? The moment I realized what type of player you were, I reconized that your statements weren't an implied challege and I retracted. Good luck to you on the felt and I hope to play you one day when you build a roll.