my project is underway...

I have spoken to a few people (players new to the game) and finally decided last night to do a little quest. I will try to turn a $100 deposit into $5,000 within 1 month. I WILL NOT use my party poker or live bankroll to facilitate this little project. I have deposited $100 into poker333 (a prima skin); they offer $333.00 of deposit bonus (yes I will be a bonus whore to pad the mini-roll). Once I clear that bonus, I will deposit into another account and so on and so on until I have a workable roll. So far the progress is good... up $73.50 trying to grind out my deposit bonus in two hours. 1/2 is pretty soft :wink: My main purpose of doing this is to show my cousin and those who are new to the game that if you can play this game you can build up a pretty sizeable roll without much risk. Hope I don't fall flat on my face :oops:

i dont want to be the one who says it, but someone is going to say it...
ok, i'll say it...let us know when you go broke.seriously though, it's possible. people have done it before.but you fail to mention to these people that are new to the game that if they really have no clue about strategy and the like, then they're more likely to fall flat on their faces. takes a little more than just depositing $100 and sitting in. it takes some reading and some thought.so maybe i'm not saying the above to you, just whoever decides "i can do it without the knowledge."
ok, i'll say it...let us know when you go broke.seriously though, it's possible. people have done it before.but you fail to mention to these people that are new to the game that if they really have no clue about strategy and the like, then they're more likely to fall flat on their faces. takes a little more than just depositing $100 and sitting in. it takes some reading and some thought.so maybe i'm not saying the above to you, just whoever decides "i can do it without the knowledge."
there you go
Let his friends give it a shot, I mean, the worst that can happen is that they donk their money away to us.... :club:
Let his friends give it a shot, I mean, the worst that can happen is that they donk their money away to us.... :club:
i concede...nh
i dont want to be the one who says it' date=' but someone is going to say it...[/quote']I'm teaching my cousin how to play... he could have worst teachers. I am an experienced mid limit player (with alot to learn), but I think I can handle the lower limits as long as variance doesn't kick me in the nuts.I KNOW it will be hard, but the risk of ruin will be minimized (i think). These low limits games (1-2, 2-4, 4-8) seem VERY soft. And I'm hoping that even if I have a bad run, the deposit bonus will be my buffer. Him and his friends are so gung ho about playing poker and actually saved up a bunch of money to deposit using his mom's name (he's 14) :shock: . His birthday is in over a month and hopefully I can give him my account with $5,000 as a birthday gift. I'll probably only allow him to play micro limits until he gets better. Hey, if DN can have a protege, then why can't I?????????? :wink:
You would take money from a 14 year old... shame on you :evil: . He'll only be playing micro limits on PP (I transfered him 20 bucks) so he can learn with rest of the newbs.
i dont want to be the one who says it' date=' but someone is going to say it...[/quote']I'm teaching my cousin how to play... he could have worst teachers. I am an experienced mid level player (with alot to learn)' date=' but I think I can handle the lower limits as long as variance doesn't kick me in the nuts.I KNOW it will be hard, but the risk of ruin will be minimized (i think). These low limits games (1-2, 2-4, 4-8) seem VERY soft. And I'm hoping that even if I have a bad run, the deposit bonus will be my buffer. Him and his friends are so gung ho about playing poker and actually saved up a bunch of money to deposit using his mom's name (he's 14) :shock: . His birthday is in over a month and hopefully I can give him my account with $5,000 as a birthday gift. I'll probably only allow him to play micro limits until he gets better. Hey, if DN can have a protege, then why can't I?????????? :wink:[/quote'] :club: gl with it.i just think you may have your hands full. but i could be absolutely wrong.
i dont want to be the one who says it' date=' but someone is going to say it...[/quote']I'm teaching my cousin how to play... he could have worst teachers. I am an experienced mid level player (with alot to learn)' date=' but I think I can handle the lower limits as long as variance doesn't kick me in the nuts.I KNOW it will be hard, but the risk of ruin will be minimized (i think). These low limits games (1-2, 2-4, 4-8) seem VERY soft. And I'm hoping that even if I have a bad run, the deposit bonus will be my buffer. Him and his friends are so gung ho about playing poker and actually saved up a bunch of money to deposit using his mom's name (he's 14) :shock: . His birthday is in over a month and hopefully I can give him my account with $5,000 as a birthday gift. I'll probably only allow him to play micro limits until he gets better. Hey, if DN can have a protege, then why can't I?????????? :wink:[/quote']are you gonna stake your cousin too?
i dont want to be the one who says it' date=' but someone is going to say it...[/quote']I'm teaching my cousin how to play... he could have worst teachers. I am an experienced mid level player (with alot to learn)' date=' but I think I can handle the lower limits as long as variance doesn't kick me in the nuts.I KNOW it will be hard, but the risk of ruin will be minimized (i think). These low limits games (1-2, 2-4, 4-8) seem VERY soft. And I'm hoping that even if I have a bad run, the deposit bonus will be my buffer. Him and his friends are so gung ho about playing poker and actually saved up a bunch of money to deposit using his mom's name (he's 14) :shock: . His birthday is in over a month and hopefully I can give him my account with $5,000 as a birthday gift. I'll probably only allow him to play micro limits until he gets better. Hey, if DN can have a protege, then why can't I?????????? :wink:[/quote']are you gonna stake your cousin too?
Why would I stake him.... the only thing I have taught him is hand rankings and what positions to play them. The little shit actually memorized it :roll: . Hmm.... let me see, if he wins .75 cents at .05-.10 I get .40 cents, hell yeah... I'm on my way j/k.

This experiment has already been accomplished by Smasharoo, who wrote several detailed posts on his quest to turn $50 into $1000. There's some very good stuff in those threads if you search for them.

i dont want to be the one who says it' date=' but someone is going to say it...[/quote']I'm teaching my cousin how to play... he could have worst teachers. I am an experienced mid limit player (with alot to learn)' date=' but I think I can handle the lower limits as long as variance doesn't kick me in the nuts.I KNOW it will be hard, but the risk of ruin will be minimized (i think). These low limits games (1-2, 2-4, 4-8) seem VERY soft. And I'm hoping that even if I have a bad run, the deposit bonus will be my buffer. Him and his friends are so gung ho about playing poker and actually saved up a bunch of money to deposit using his mom's name (he's 14) :shock: . His birthday is in over a month and hopefully I can give him my account with $5,000 as a birthday gift. I'll probably only allow him to play micro limits until he gets better. Hey, if DN can have a protege, then why can't I?????????? :wink:[/quote']Hey see if you can do this twice...my birthday is the 21st and i wouldn't mind an extra 5K :club:
i dont want to be the one who says it' date=' but someone is going to say it...[/quote']I'm teaching my cousin how to play... he could have worst teachers. I am an experienced mid limit player (with alot to learn)' date=' but I think I can handle the lower limits as long as variance doesn't kick me in the nuts.I KNOW it will be hard, but the risk of ruin will be minimized (i think). These low limits games (1-2, 2-4, 4-8) seem VERY soft. And I'm hoping that even if I have a bad run, the deposit bonus will be my buffer. Him and his friends are so gung ho about playing poker and actually saved up a bunch of money to deposit using his mom's name (he's 14) :shock: . His birthday is in over a month and hopefully I can give him my account with $5,000 as a birthday gift. I'll probably only allow him to play micro limits until he gets better. Hey, if DN can have a protege, then why can't I?????????? :wink:[/quote']Hey see if you can do this twice...my birthday is the 21st and i wouldn't mind an extra 5K :club:
Hey try for me too, My birthday is in May!!!!

1/2 online sure is a different game. My biggest problem is putting people on hands. I don't want to go into the beats because I fully expected them at that level, but can anyone give me advice in that area. Another thing I quickly discovered is that people will not lay down second pair (how odd). The progress is slow.... up $89 after 6 hours of play, but I'm close to getting my first bonus of $111. Time to make some real money right now.

This experiment has already been accomplished by Smasharoo, who wrote several detailed posts on his quest to turn $50 into $1000. There's some very good stuff in those threads if you search for them.
Could you give a link please.... does he go into how to beat the low limit games?
1/2 online sure is a different game. My biggest problem is putting people on hands. I don't want to go into the beats because I fully expected them at that level, but can anyone give me advice in that area. Another thing I quickly discovered is that people will not lay down second pair (how odd). The progress is slow.... up $89 after 6 hours of play, but I'm close to getting my first bonus of $111. Time to make some real money right now, this little project is costing me money.

Hey OP, I think the biggest problem with your plan is the timeframe. While turning $100 into $5k is very possible, I think doing it in a month is a little unrealistic. If you practice proper bankroll management, even at 2BB/100 you'll have to play a ****ton of hands to get there. Good Luck though.

are you only playing limit cause that is what it sounds like. a friend put 50 dollars online and played sit and gos on party poker on my computer. We won a 5 then moved to a 10 then won that played a 20 came in 2nd played another 20 won that. basically within 5-6 hrs of us sitting here and going hand for hand and discussing decisions. we ran his 50 dollars up to a little over 600 in a few hours of playing strictly sit and gos.good luck with trying to turn it into 5k