daniel is married to the wrong woman.

My wife came in today and told me she's been chattin with an old friend she went to highschool with. Apparently his name is Alex Rodriguez and he plays baseball. She's flying out to NewYork to have dinner with him then their gonna go sight seeing. I just booked her a room at a 4 star hotel because I don't want her to feel rushed and I want her to be rested when she comes back home. I hope she has a great time, maybe even grab me an autograph!!!
is it the REAL A-Rod or just a minor leaguer with the same name?
I assume A-Rod means Alex Rodriguez.I must admit I know nothing about baseball since my life consist of playing cards 70 hours a week at the Borgata. I'm not sure what team or leagues he currently plays in/for but I remember my wife telling me he used to play for a team called the Mariners.
This can't be serious...If you live in jersey, unless you haven't picked up a newspaper / watched TV in the last year and a half, there's no way you don't know who Alex Rodriguez is, no matter how much poker you play.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think coming from a woman's opinion such as myself. When I was growing up I was more of a tomboy and so I naturally had more guy friends than girls. I can honestly say that my boyfriend gets jealous easily and even though I may run into my old friends and sometimes flames from time to time, outside of saying hello, I leave the past in the past. I can understand if the meeting now was platonic and it consisted of dinner and just conversation. I'm sure though that DN and her discussed Lori into some extent. Obviously DN and his friend do have that mutual respect for marriage and nothing was going to come of it. My point is just because they were in your past and wether or not you were linked romantically or not doesn't mean that you can't have a completely platonic friendship even now. Final example, look at DN and Evelyn Ng, they dated off and on for a few years and now she is one of his closest friends and nothing goes beyond those two than being just friends. But overall, sometimes people will enter your life at specific points for a reason. Maybe for DN, it was just kinda a reality check in with life to make him reflect and see how far he has come along in his life.

I think coming from a woman's opinion such as myself. When I was growing up I was more of a tomboy and so I naturally had more guy friends than girls. I can honestly say that my boyfriend gets jealous easily and even though I may run into my old friends and sometimes flames from time to time, outside of saying hello, I leave the past in the past. I can understand if the meeting now was platonic and it consisted of dinner and just conversation. I'm sure though that DN and her discussed Lori into some extent. Obviously DN and his friend do have that mutual respect for marriage and nothing was going to come of it. My point is just because they were in your past and wether or not you were linked romantically or not doesn't mean that you can't have a completely platonic friendship even now. Final example, look at DN and Evelyn Ng, they dated off and on for a few years and now she is one of his closest friends and nothing goes beyond those two than being just friends. But overall, sometimes people will enter your life at specific points for a reason. Maybe for DN, it was just kinda a reality check in with life to make him reflect and see how far he has come along in his life.
I am the same way. I always had more guy friends than girl friends. I hung out with my older bro and his friends all the way through high school. Now as an adult, I find myself still having alot of guy friends. Now I hang out with mostly my husband and his friends. I don't seem to gel as good with women, we don't ever have anything in common. I play pool, poker, work at an online paintball company, and love sports, so most of my entertainment, playtime and even work is with guys. My husband understands though, and does not have a problem with it. Heck, I play in a pool league two times a week, and I am the only female on the team. So here I am playing pool in a bar with a bunch of single hot guys till 1am, and my husband has no problem with it. You have to trust your spouse in a marriage, if you don't have trust, then you have nothing but a fake relationship.

I'm just going to speak for myself....because that's all I can do.....but I'm not really talking about trust issues with the whole thing. I'm talking about jealousy issues that women are notorious for. Two totally different worlds.

There's no reason DN can't have a female friend without being attracted to her, and there's nothing in his post that should make us assume they are anything more than friends. It would be ridiculous if once a couple married, they could no longer have friends of the opposite sex.

There's no reason DN can't have a female friend without being attracted to her, and there's nothing in his post that should make us assume they are anything more than friends.  It would be ridiculous if once a couple married, they could no longer have friends of the opposite sex.
He met her only once before. I wouldn't call that an old friend.
There's no reason DN can't have a female friend without being attracted to her, and there's nothing in his post that should make us assume they are anything more than friends.  It would be ridiculous if once a couple married, they could no longer have friends of the opposite sex.
He met her only once before. I wouldn't call that an old friend.
Who are you to decide that? Do you personally know Daniel or his friend?

I think the thing that is missing here is when you travel on the road quite a bit for your career such as DN and I (although I have to work for my money :club::D:D ), the wife who stays home has to be a special person. When I am on the road I meet old friends all the time, heck, I just plain meet folks on airplanes, hotel bars and places to eat and I tell my wife all about my adventures. It takes a special kind of lady to be the husband of a road warrior. There is a lot of trust involved for both people. When I leave on a trip, my wife could very easily be throwing a crack party at my house and I may never know about it, but I know she is not doing something like that. I don't think you can evaluate someone's relationship by a few lines in a blog. What may not work for your marriage might work for somebody else's.