how much to sit with?

What's a standard amount of big bets to sit with at a table? I've noticed that when I played at Bodog, the default amount (of course you can add or decrease from this) was 50 big bets (not big blinds), but now that I'm playing at party the default is 25 big bets. Is there a specific number that is optimal? I know you want to have enough to be able to put in your 12bb if needed on any given hand, but how much do you guys usually sit with?Thanks,Matt

What's a standard amount of big bets to sit with at a table? I've noticed that when I played at Bodog, the default amount (of course you can add or decrease from this) was 100 big bets (not big blinds), but now that I'm playing at party the default is 50 big bets. Is there a specific number that is optimal? I know you want to have enough to be able to put in your 12bb if needed on any given hand, but how much do you guys usually sit with?Thanks,Matt
I play live and sit with 30BB with 15 BB in my pockets. If I lose more than 45 BB in a given session, it's time to go home. I can't fathom sitting with 100 BB's. Can you picture sitting down with 8000 (8 racks) dollars at 40-80 or someone sitting with 800 dollars at 4-8. Maybe online is just different.
What's a standard amount of big bets to sit with at a table?
It doesn't matter too much. I just buy in for the default at most sites. The default at PokerStars is only 10BB, though, so I buy in for more, normally 25BB.

Online it dosen't really matter, as long as you have 12BB at the start of every hand. That is what you need to cap it on every street.I like to sit down with 30-40bb's. The looser the table the more I buy in for. Why? Because I'm going to get sucked out on more so I'm going to need more.It's a hard mental block to get over, it took me a long time, but as long as you are playing better than every one at the table, you are getting the best of it. Reguardless of what the actual result of the hand ends up being. i.e. who won.I play at a horrid NLHE game on Tuesday and Thrusdays. I get sucked out on left and right, and well my friends, who are just as good as I am, go home after loosing two or three buy ins, all pissed off because someone called their $10 raise preflop with Q-6o and caught a four card flush to crack their aces, the more I put my money in when I'm ahead and the more I loose, the more money I reach for.I end up cashing out UP to $200 usually. I'd say that's a pretty good average for .25/.50 cent blinds, lol.I know you didn't ask to hear any of that, but I figured I'd give you a heads up. When I was in your shoes asking those questions on this site, that is what I was feeling. "How much should I buy in with, because I keep getting sucked out on, and it's pissing me off." Good luck to you.

I just sit with the standard amount Party gives me, or 25BB. If I feel I am playing well and get under 5BB, then I reload. If not, I exit the screen and go do something else for a while.

I like having a big stack in front of me so I always sit with at least 50 big bets.

I would buy in for the highest amount that I am willing to lose in one session.Not that it would affect many people, but online players may possibly think you are a good player if you have a larger amount than the average at the table.If you buy in for the minimum, some of the time it seems players think you are playing on scared money.

I wouldn't worry too much about what people are thinking about you based on the size of your stack.Any one that is judging your poker prowess based on how many chips you have in front of you obviously has no idea what they are doing, and you'll be taking their money soon too.Let 'em think what they want. You just keep making the right play and don't worry what your chip stack is.

If I sit down at a really juicy 5-max table, I'll usually put a LOT of money on the table to scare good palyers away.What I like to do when I multitable is to just randomly buy in with a number, like 323 or 222 or something like that, and then every ten minutes or so sit out and go to the cashier and adust the amount of money I have at the table to another random amount.I used to be really affected by how much I was stuck/up in a game and so it became a good habit. It also adds an element of surprise when I get to the end of the session and find out I'm ahead when I was pretty sure I was down, or vice versa.

I wouldn't worry too much about what people are thinking about you based on the size of your stack.Any one that is judging your poker prowess based on how many chips you have in front of you obviously has no idea what they are doing, and you'll be taking their money soon too.Let 'em think what they want. You just keep making the right play and don't worry what your chip stack is.
Point is, that stack size can intimidate some players, why not use that advantage. It's the opposite of say you lose some and are down to a few BB, players tend to try and push you around as they know you are either scared money, or your stack can only hurt them but so much.