• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CardWarfare

• gkunit20

• chrozzo

• pckt10s

Whats with soccer fags getting hot chicks?0721-lionel-messi-splash-credit.jpg
Look at his manly body!Not to mention he can bounce a ball on his head.... chicks dig spoon-chested acrobats.
Look at his manly body!Not to mention he can bounce a ball on his head.... chicks dig spoon-chested acrobats.
I think chicks dig the millions that he makes.

I am going to do something that is never done in The Hideout.... talk about Poker! I need to vent...I have actually been playing quite a bit online lately, mostly tournaments. Always Micro buy-ins. I cash here and there, but final tables are few and far between.Anyway, I follow myself on PokerDB because I have no life (other than my job) and I had actually nailed 3 cashes in a row in MTTs, something I had never done before. Alas, I thought, what would be better than FOUR cashes in a row!So I jump into a $3.30 NL Hold em Tournament with a decent guarantee. Starts with 2500 players and 266 pay. I roll along at about the average until we hit the 300/600 Ante 75 level. I am a bit below the average with just under 400 people left. I have 12000 in chips.I pick up JJ in the big blind. UTG+2 (18825 in chips) raises to 1500, all fold around to me. I call. Flop comes 5 3 3 rainbow. I bet 3000, about 75% of the pot. He tanks for a few minutes and comes back over the top All-In. I didn't think he hit a set or a 3 and honestly put him on middle pair. I call. He turns over...... A J offsuit?!?!The rest goes like any bad beat story. I am 86% to win, yet he hits an Ace on the turn and the river blanks. Adios, 4 cashes in a row.Thoughts?My first thought, of course, is that I should of re-raised him preflop.

I am going to do something that is never done in The Hideout.... talk about Poker! I need to vent...I have actually been playing quite a bit online lately, mostly tournaments. Always Micro buy-ins. I cash here and there, but final tables are few and far between.Anyway, I follow myself on PokerDB because I have no life (other than my job) and I had actually nailed 3 cashes in a row in MTTs, something I had never done before. Alas, I thought, what would be better than FOUR cashes in a row!So I jump into a $3.30 NL Hold em Tournament with a decent guarantee. Starts with 2500 players and 266 pay. I roll along at about the average until we hit the 300/600 Ante 75 level. I am a bit below the average with just under 400 people left. I have 12000 in chips.I pick up JJ in the big blind. UTG+2 (18825 in chips) raises to 1500, all fold around to me. I call. Flop comes 5 3 3 rainbow. I bet 3000, about 75% of the pot. He tanks for a few minutes and comes back over the top All-In. I didn't think he hit a set or a 3 and honestly put him on middle pair. I call. He turns over...... A J offsuit?!?!The rest goes like any bad beat story. I am 86% to win, yet he hits an Ace on the turn and the river blanks. Adios, 4 cashes in a row.Thoughts?My first thought, of course, is that I should of re-raised him preflop.
Yea I like to reraise JJ there preflop. There will probally be an over on the board on the flop and if he bets the decision is very tough. With that board on that flop I have no problem getting it in in that spot. But preflop I raise it to 4k or so and call an all in reraise most of the time. The times where I would fold to an all in reraise preflop are whn I am certain the player is a decent player and a race is the absolute best possibilty.

I stopped reading at "I am going to do something that is never done in The Hideout.... talk about Poker!"WTF? Ya think this is a poker forum or something?"I play poker for a living" <----- means "I'm unemployed right now"I know that has nothing to do with what you said but since I didn't read it... I thought I would say that because I love when people say "I play poker for a living"... or "I'm a professional poker player"I also love baseball.and GroceryMony

I stopped reading at "I am going to do something that is never done in The Hideout.... talk about Poker!"WTF? Ya think this is a poker forum or something?"I play poker for a living" <----- means "I'm unemployed right now"I know that has nothing to do with what you said but since I didn't read it... I thought I would say that because I love when people say "I play poker for a living"... or "I'm a professional poker player"I also love baseball.and GroceryMony
The down side of disguising your hand strength preflop. Now your bet on the flop looks like a standard c-bet and since you were in the blind your range isn't exactly polarized. I don't know that he was necessarily shoving on the strength of his hand but on the perceived weakness of yours. Of course, I suck at poker so this could be me completely theorizing bullshit.

I'm pissed and I've just cracked the first beer and already had a shot. For anything I post in the next 24 hours I apologize in advance. I'm going to try and avoid teh interwebz but no telling what might fogged mind might think is a good idea in a few hours.

sweet sweet helium filled banana ice cream ice cubes with shredded mild coma on the side with a hint of hazing disaster minced with armadillo sperm carbonite glaze.
holy shit I want some of whatever your on
pretty tough to top my lunch of fruit and a protein bar.
Burgers....dogs.... brats... cold frosty's and strippers in thongs.... yea... you win.OK... I lied.... there were no brats.