north american poker tour

Just heard about this for the first time on the Circuit. Matusow brought it up, saying that Party Poker Million's is no longer part of the WPT and the WPT is history. He said he was invited as one of 40 people. I don't know the rest of the deals about this tour. Does anyone else?

Just heard about this for the first time on the Circuit. Matusow brought it up, saying that Party Poker Million's is no longer part of the WPT and the WPT is history. He said he was invited as one of 40 people. I don't know the rest of the deals about this tour. Does anyone else?
Bump, I am curious also.

you won't find any news on that because the WPT is a public company. The SEC has very strict rules about releasing that information. My guess is that Mike doesn't know what he is talking about.Or just heard it from some guy. If someone is buying the WPT everyone should buy it up because the price will rise.

its confirmed that the WPT has now dumped the aruba tourny and the PPM for season 5. my guess is that these two tournies will be apart of this north american tour

wow sounds interesting but i wonder why wpt dropped aruba and party both those tournaments seemed to be well liked by the players and party espicially since its the only limit holdem event on the wpt

What I got out of it is that Mike was saying that after this North America Poker Tour comes out, Everyone will be playing it so the WPT will be no longer. I don't think you can read about this anywhere, I just think it's his opinion.
Yeah that's what I got out of it. The WPT obviously wouldn't just stop, but with the many problems players have had with the WPT I'm assuming this is their solution.
you won't find any news on that because the WPT is a public company.  The SEC has very strict rules about releasing that information.  My guess is that Mike doesn't know what he is talking about.Or just heard it from some guy.  If someone is buying the WPT everyone should buy it up because the price will rise.
Probablly! Matusow never knows what he's talking about. Just listen to him when he talks about pot odds. "get their money in with 5 outers which everyone who plugs it in the calculator knows they are 12-1 dogs."
wow sounds interesting but i wonder why wpt dropped aruba and party both those tournaments seemed to be well liked by the players and party espicially since its the only limit holdem event on the wpt
Maybe it's because limit holdem is boring tv?
That's the truth. It's fun to play all of the games, but I can't watch anything, but big bet poker.
possibly but what about aruba?
I don't know. All I know is this. In the first season, I think it was party poker millions when Negreanu and Lindgren were going heads up. I think it would have been MUCH more exciting if they were playing nl.
I don't know. All I know is this. In the first season, I think it was party poker millions when Negreanu and Lindgren were going heads up. I think it would have been MUCH more exciting if they were playing nl.
that was 2nd season and yeah would have been more interesting but at the same time it was good to see different poker and strategy, cause lets face it WPT should be called the North American No Limit Hold 'Em Tour... at least throw something else in there. I'm convinced they are too scared to confuse their donkey viewers by showing an Omaha game or anything else for that matter... but i digressBy what Matusow said ti sounds like PPM left WPT not WPT dumping them, I didn't know about Aruba but I liked that event.... they prob figure they only need Caribean and Paris to be a World tour
actually, I always found the PPM to be the most fun WPT to watch each year. We always got a bunch of post flop play and everything was a fast pace. ESPN has just done a great job of making limit boring to watch
actually, I always found the PPM to be the most fun WPT to watch each year. We always got a bunch of post flop play and everything was a fast pace. ESPN has just done a great job of making limit boring to watch
agreed i always liked ppm as well limit is such a different game and i think the wpt did a good job with it.
i suggest we introduce no limit omaha that would make for some crazzzy action
Omaha is terrible in any form, but pot limit. You'd hear all in every hand. I would like to see more pot limit omaha on TV though. Actually pot limit omaha is probablly the only non-hold'em game I like to watch on TV. I've never seen 2-7, but seven card stud puts me to sleep.
I also felt the WPT cruise that Michael Gracz won had a lot of action and was fun to watch.