pokerstars 500k

holding strong at 8500 not getting much to play at all. During current Hold'em session you were dealt 100 hands and saw flop: - 7 out of 11 times while in big blind (63%) - 4 out of 11 times while in small blind (36%) - 6 out of 78 times in other positions (7%) - a total of 17 out of 100 (17%) Pots won at showdown - 5 of 6 (83%) Pots won without showdown - 9I've had AA,QQ,JJ and thats about it as far as good hands.Having to out play people to build chips.I'm at the same table as Gollum.He finished in last the top 3 last week he may have won it can't remember.He has like 2000 in chips.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TY Double...Funny thing about the KJ hand, unless i hit an Ace or 9 on the turn, I am likely folding to almost any decent bet. The King is the worst card that can hit for me in hindsite because it forces me to committ in that situation.BTW...here are my last 3 KO's in the 500K.KK vs Q-10...outK10 vs 88...Right after the bubble broke, I have barely 2 bb left and it folds to me in the cutoff and I go all-in. BB calls and has 88. Flop KQJ...turn...8! River BRICK!AA vs JJ AND AK PREFLOP...Flop comes QJ10...turn Brick...river 10! I lose the side pot AND the main pot!!!!Why do I play this event again???LOL

TY Double...Funny thing about the KJ hand, unless i hit an Ace or 9 on the turn, I am likely folding to almost any decent bet. The King is the worst card that can hit for me in hindsite because it forces me to committ in that situation.BTW...here are my last 3 KO's in the 500K.KK vs Q-10...outK10 vs 88...Right after the bubble broke, I have barely 2 bb left and it folds to me in the cutoff and I go all-in. BB calls and has 88. Flop KQJ...turn...8! River BRICK!AA vs JJ AND AK PREFLOP...Flop comes QJ10...turn Brick...river 10! I lose the side pot AND the main pot!!!!Why do I play this event again???LOL
Hahaha...yeah the king really hurt you there but most of the time its a great card because most likely the king has just made your hand and you can beat a pair of Qs. I just had a somewhat similar situation because i'm in a tourney as we speak.I was in the sb with 4s 5s and the flop came down Qd 3s 10s and i checked and called a half pot bet and the turn was a 4d so i checked and was forced to call another bet because now i was pretty confident a 4 or a 5 would make me the best hand. Of course i bricked and lost 1/4 of my chips but thats a different story.

Just sick how cold my cards are. Had to fold 10 :club: 10 :D on a flop of 742 all :D 's because the bigger stack at my table is playing any two cards and set me in. Not looking pretty 1400 chips with the 600 blind approaching second hand after the break.

Just sick how cold my cards are. Had to fold 10 :club: 10 :D on a flop of 742 all :D 's because the bigger stack at my table is playing any two cards and set me in. Not looking pretty 1400 chips with the 600 blind approaching second hand after the break.
What am I missing? U think he already had the flush? If he was just "playing any 2 cards" and pushing his stack, I gotta believe your 10's were good. Especially if u are down to 1400...u have more details?
What am I missing? U think he already had the flush? If he was just "playing any 2 cards" and pushing his stack, I gotta believe your 10's were good. Especially if u are down to 1400...u have more details?
I was gonna say the same. If hes a maniac then 1010 HAVE to be good there and if they're not then your flush draw MIGHT just might possibly be good so you have outs.
Starting the hand I had 7500 chips.middle position raised to 600 i call, bb (large stack) calls. 742 :diamond:'sbb first to act moves in. middle position folds. i have 6900 if i fold. I though my diamond might be good if he flopped 2 pair or a set. But i didnt't wanna gamble. Also I thought maybe he flopped a rag flush with 2 junk diamonds. At that point in the tournament I still had some chips I didn't wanna stick all them in there. This hand started the run of frozen cards. Maybe put me on tilt a little. I lost the other 5500 when I opened a pot on the button with AKoff and the BB who had 3200 and change I think moved in with A9 and hit his 9.
Great call there Biz, tough luck man.
Fairly obvious stop-n-go, knew the straight was coming when the 4 turned.
Starting the hand I had 7500 chips.middle position raised to 600 i call, bb (large stack) calls. 742 :diamond:'sbb first to act moves in. middle position folds. i have 6900 if i fold. I though my diamond might be good if he flopped 2 pair or a set. But i didnt't wanna gamble. Also I thought maybe he flopped a rag flush with 2 junk diamonds. At that point in the tournament I still had some chips I didn't wanna stick all them in there. This hand started the run of frozen cards. Maybe put me on tilt a little. I lost the other 5500 when I opened a pot on the button with AKoff and the BB who had 3200 and change I think moved in with A9 and hit his 9.
TY...That makes more sense. I think you "may" have had the best of it there since I'd make him for the A :D and he's overpushing his draw. However, I can't fault you for picking a better spot...and it gets no better than AK vs A9... poker gods just didnt agree!!!!