getting off life-support (.10/.25)

Unfortunately, .50/1 LHE and 7-Stud have eaten up 1/3 of my roll on FCP. It's not that I feel I'm getting outplayed. My big hands just seem to be getting run over by donkdoo. Limit earns the bonus faster, but as I'm trying to get the account off of life-support ($180), I switched back to NLHE.FCP .10/.25 NLHE (9-handed)Cobalt ~$25BB ~$25(Wow...kind of dumb that stack sizes aren't included in FCP HHs.)Cobalt is MP1 w/ 3 :D 3 :club:. No read on opponent.Pre-flop:2 folds, Cobalt calls, BB checksFlop ($1.25): 5 :D 5 :) 3 :) (5 players)2 checks, Cobalt bets $.50Turn ($2.25): 7 :) (2 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets $1.50River ($5.25): 8 :D (2 players)BB bets $2

Raise that monkey.Pots about $7.25 when you have to make a decision about his $2 river bet. I'd raise about 6 dollars over him, making it $8, giving him about 2:1 odds to call. Given that its low limit, you could often get donked here by someone who thinks you are FOS, and we need to get value from the people that overvalue their 5x hands.If he raises, I think you are obviously stuck calling. I still think you would be good here a lot in that situation.

I think you should raise the fish about 5 more dollars. My read on him is a 5. The reason I put him on a 5 is this:Check preflop in BB indicates weakness.(This analysis is assuming that he is more or less intelligent)Check/call on the flop indicates he wants to keep you in or he's on a draw, but his play on the turn contradicts that possibility, and therefore I still put him on the 5. He then check/calls again a 1.5, builiding up the pot. Then he bets and hopes you call him with your A X because he fears you'll check the river and his trips wont be paid off, and by making it only 2$ he is giving you good pot odds. This is the best analysis I can come up with given the information you presented...Can you post the result of the hand?

Yeah, standard raise of about the size of the pot here. I think he most likely has something that he want to showdown, and he's either trying to make sure he gets some money in if he's against a weaker hand, or he's trying to protect himself from a large bet if he's behind. I'd say he's got two pair here or maybe weak trips. A raise to $8 should be perfect.

hey colbalt, are you still playing at bodog also?
Yup. I haven't played much this week, but you should see me back at 1/2 and the MTTs in the coming days. I'll be limiting myself to one table at a time on there though until they get off their aces and fix the software.As for this hand, I pulled an extremely weak move and merely called. His line confused me, but it's a very easy raise. Basically, his "blocker" bet completely worked on me, and he showed T5o for weak trips. I won the pot, but I felt like a donk.

Yeah but him being in the bb he could have easily filled up with either the turn or river card and made the weak bet at the end to try and get you to raise him. I don't think its the worst play in the world to flat call him there, you might not get much more from him considering he had the weak kicker anyway.

Yeah but him being in the bb he could have easily filled up with either the turn or river card and made the weak bet at the end to try and get you to raise him. I don't think its the worst play in the world to flat call him there, you might not get much more from him considering he had the weak kicker anyway.

Unfortunately' date=' .50/1 LHE and 7-Stud have eaten up 1/3 of my roll on FCP. It's not that I feel I'm getting outplayed. My big hands just seem to be getting run over by donkdoo. Limit earns the bonus faster, but as I'm trying to get the account off of life-support ($180), I switched back to NLHE.[u']FCP .10/.25 NLHE[/u] (9-handed)Cobalt ~$25BB ~$25(Wow...kind of dumb that stack sizes aren't included in FCP HHs.)Cobalt is MP1 w/ 3 :club: 3 :). No read on opponent.Pre-flop:2 folds, Cobalt calls, BB checksFlop ($1.25): 5 :) 5 :D 3 :D (5 players)2 checks, Cobalt bets $.50Turn ($2.25): 7 :D (2 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets $1.50River ($5.25): 8 :) (2 players)BB bets $2Without reading replies..I like it.On the river, pop it to 6, if he comes over the top we need to probably lay'er down.
My analysis is to play .5/1 limit SH to build your roll back up.  I've run into a few aggro donks on FCP there.  Cap every street with nothing.
My SH Limit results have actually been worse than my full ring. :?I like to think I'm good at SH limit, but I'm down something like 150 BBs since I started keeping track back in September. Needless to say, I've been avoiding it lately.