amazing run @ hollywood poker

This past week was a great one for me. I started on Hollywood POker playing .50/$1 NL and I am currently up @ the $5/$10 nl. I'm $7,000 up and it surprised me how easy the $5/10 game is. There are a few exceptional players, but for the most part there are donkeys who buy in for $200 and blow it all on subpar hands trying to make a quick come up. I may take a stab @ the $10/$20 games tomorrow and see how good I really am. I've been watching all the players there inbetween hands and i have been taking notes and getting a feel for the action.Wish Me Luck..............

This past week was a great one for me. I started on Hollywood POker playing .50/$1 NL and I am currently up @ the $5/$10 nl. I'm $7,000 up and it surprised me how easy the $5/10 game is. There are a few exceptional players, but for the most part there are donkeys who buy in for $200 and blow it all on subpar hands trying to make a quick come up. I may take a stab @ the $10/$20 games tomorrow and see how good I really am. I've been watching all the players there inbetween hands and i have been taking notes and getting a feel for the action.Wish Me Luck..............
let me save you some trouble and make a post that you will not want to make in a couple days:I WENT BROKE. I WISH I HAD STOPPED MOVING UP SINCE I KNEW VARIANCE WOULD EVENTUALLY CATCH UP WITH ME.If you are reading this, OP, I would suggest cashing out 6k and using your remaining bankroll to play .50/$1. Or, at the very least, cash out 5k and play $1/$2.

ive already cashed out 4k and as well as im playing right now. i dont foresee my self going broke. i may lose 1k but i will not let myself lose the remaing 3k on poker.

ive already cashed out 4k and as well as im playing right now. i dont foresee my self going broke. i may lose 1k but i will not let myself lose the remaing 3k on poker.
At least you cashed out some, but consider what you are saying. Call up a friend, sibling, or whatever and tell them that you're going to gamble and the worst that will happen is you'll "lose 1k". they will probably try and stop you. 1k is a used car, a nice vacation, it may be rent for two months...I've been there before (not with this much money) and in retrospect you will realize that a thousand dollars is a lot of money.
At least you cashed out some, but consider what you are saying. Call up a friend, sibling, or whatever and tell them that you're going to gamble and the worst that will happen is you'll "lose 1k". they will probably try and stop you. 1k is a used car, a nice vacation, it may be rent for two months...I've been there before (not with this much money) and in retrospect you will realize that a thousand dollars is a lot of money.
Cmon, man, 1000 in the grand scheme of things is nothing. I wouldn't consider maybe losing a grand as a reason not to gamble, and this is coming from a jobless college student. However, saying that you "won't lose anymore than 1k" playing 10-20 is rediculous. THat's half a buy in man, all in with AA preflop against KK and he spikes a K, you just lost 2 grand. With 3k, i'd drop to 2-4 and work it back up and play within your roll. You've had a good run, take a step back and learn more before you do anything rash. Just my advice.erac
Cmon, man, 1000 in the grand scheme of things is nothing. I wouldn't consider maybe losing a grand as a reason not to gamble, and this is coming from a jobless college student. However, saying that you "won't lose anymore than 1k" playing 10-20 is rediculous. THat's half a buy in man, all in with AA preflop against KK and he spikes a K, you just lost 2 grand. With 3k, i'd drop to 2-4 and work it back up and play within your roll. You've had a good run, take a step back and learn more before you do anything rash. Just my advice.erac
ditto. the op's post remind me of a lot of good tourney players i know, go on a huge run and move up in stakes aggressively, then eventually variance kicks them in the nuts and they are cleaned out. atleast you cashed the 4k.

Dude, you didn't win 7k. I'm watching you play the 2/2 NL right now and these guys are eating you alive. Calling pot sized bets with 2 undercards drawing to nothing but a gutshot straight...And if you did win 7k it'll be gone in no time.

Dude, you didn't win 7k. I'm watching you play the 2/2 NL right now and these guys are eating you alive. Calling pot sized bets with 2 undercards drawing to nothing but a gutshot straight...And if you did win 7k it'll be gone in no time.
Funny Stuff.
Funny Stuff.
I'm serious. It would have taken a run of cards so good that no one has ever run better for this story to be true. His only play is making long shot calls and trying to muscle his way to winning pots. Those kind of plays cost you huge in the long run.

my girlfriend was playing while i was out. if you see MaXXXstAkd @ the $6 NL or the $10 NL that is me playing. trust me. i dont have to prove myself anyways

my girlfriend was playing while i was out. if you see MaXXXstAkd @ the $6 NL or the $10 NL that is me playing. trust me. i dont have to prove myself anyways
Hey, I'm not going to tell you not to play, I'm just saying this... poker is a varience game, and what goes up, must go down. You will eventually go on a losing streak, it is inevitable, and if you're playing at too high of level, then you're going to go bust. Keep playing at the levels you're playing at now, and keep kick it's butt. Nothing wrong with maknig money at 1/2. There's no rush to play 10/20. See if you're winning hold up for the month, before you think of that kind of jump. I doubt you will thought, bankroll lessions are some of the hardest to learn, and there's only one way to learn them.. the hard way.Good luck to you, and congrats on your good fortune.
BigD, time to resurrect the Insomniac thread, eh?
Where have you been!! You left me alone in that thread, and it died!!
I was on a break from FCP, Just read the last page or two like last night...I'll go bump it and keep it alive.

is 3k a full buy-in at a 10-20 NL game?what if you hit a set when someone flops a straight? you can easily lose a buy-in at that level. I'd probably avoid the 10-20 game if I were you. People keep pushing til they go broke. The sharks get it all in the end.