david williams sat at my 25/50 table tonight

under sn kidpoker. he told us all that DN was sitting next to him and they were down in "au". he then mentioned KFL was in the room, waiting to get her nails done. final results for kidpoker:amount won: ($840.00)hands played: 56VP$IP: 50.00PFR%: 30.36W$SD: 37.50misc stats: kidpoker: amount won from: 600times won: 3amount lost to: (37.50)times lost: 2difference: 562.50this was a full ring limit holdem gamenow i know the replies are going to be, "just another pro dropping down in limits and blowing off some steam". or, "this money means nothing to him, he's just having fun". well last time i checked i've never dropped down to 2/4 to blow off some steam. personally i find it much cheaper to simply turn off the lights and click on keyra agustina part 2. but maybe that's just me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XXEddie

now i know the replies are going to be, "just another pro dropping down in limits and blowing off some steam". or, "this money means nothing to him, he's just having fun". well last time i checked i've never dropped down to 2/4 to blow off some steam. personally i find it much cheaper to simply turn off the lights and click on keyra agustina part 2. but maybe that's just me.big names usually drop down so that lower limits can enjoy their companywhen you drop down to 2/4 no one says "wow!! look who is here"and who is KFL

under sn kidpoker.  he told us all that DN was sitting next to him and they were down in "au".  he then mentioned KFL was in the room, waiting to get her nails done.  final results for kidpoker:amount won:  ($840.00)hands played:  56VP$IP:  50.00PFR%:  30.36W$SD: 37.50misc stats:  kidpoker:  amount won from:  600times won:  3amount lost to:  (37.50)times lost:  2difference:  562.50this was a full ring limit holdem gamenow i know the replies are going to be, "just another pro dropping down in limits and blowing off some steam".  or, "this money means nothing to him, he's just having fun".  well last time i checked i've never dropped down to 2/4 to blow off some steam.  personally i find it much cheaper to simply turn off the lights and click on keyra agustina part 2.  but maybe that's just me.
?

good points but the man wasn't talking. i was asking him questions about his tourney schedule and stuff and if he wasn't saying anything. so whose company is he trying to share? i was really hoping it would be DN and he would be chatting it up. but nope, nothing. a real letdown, except for the fact that he stunk. KFL = kathy effing leibert

maybe I am just really high but I don't get it
I believe the OP is trying to say that David Williams sucks at Poker. Whatever, win 4M at poker, then get back to us.
Guest XXEddie
good points but the man wasn't talking.  i was asking him questions about his tourney schedule and stuff and if he wasn't saying anything.  so whose company is he trying to share?  i was really hoping it would be DN and he would be chatting it up.  but nope, nothing.  a real letdown, except for the fact that he stunk.  KFL = kathy effing leibert
figured, just didnt know what the K was
I believe the OP is trying to say that David Williams sucks at Poker. Whatever, win 4M at poker, then get back to us.
well, it is kinda known that David WIlliams isn't exactly the best limit player out there, so, I don't doubt that he was playing semi/hard and donking at the same time
is that what i said? or am i wondering why a good player sits down and plays so poorly. when is this ever a good idea? that's all i'm asking, and the stats i showed were simply proof. 50%???
well, it is kinda known that David WIlliams isn't exactly the best limit player out there, so, I don't doubt that he was playing semi/hard and donking at the same time
ty, this is exactly what i was wondering. has anyone ever played wiht him live? surely he tightens up a tad?
ty, this is exactly what i was wondering. has anyone ever played wiht him live? surely he tightens up a tad?
I've never played with him, but people that I've talked to that have, have said that they don't really run from the table when he's there. He's not a donk like mark seif(i've seen some crazy hands from people that have played seif at AP), but, he's not anywhere near the better LHE players that you see on the net these days. He most likely wins at the limits he plays in vegas, but, there are a lot of bad live players, so take it FWIW(as this has come from a couple of players that have played with him online).

yeah i read about some seif hands too. i just don't get it. some people thinks he really does suck and that it doesn't take much to win some wsop tournaments(i disagree). and others say he works for AP so he doesn't care that he's donking away thousands a week. obviously limit cash games are far different from NL tournaments, but it's not like going from holdem to 2-7 or something. it's still effing holdem.

yeah i read about some seif hands too.  i just don't get it.  some people thinks he really does suck and that it doesn't take much to win some wsop tournaments(i disagree).  and others say he works for AP so he doesn't care that he's donking away thousands a week.  obviously limit cash games are far different from NL tournaments, but it's not like going from holdem to 2-7 or something.  it's still effing holdem.
First off, sorry if I was an ass to you in my original post.Second, I disagree with your bolded statement. LHE and NL are very different games. I think it's entirely possible to be good at one and suck at another. I think a good example would be the fact that a very LAG style can often work well in NL, whereas it is much, much more difficult to play limit with a LAG style, espeically at a full table.

Emineric, lot's of people drop down to blow off steam. If you don't think it's fun to go to a .05/.10 table and raise every hand for 20 minutes and donk off $5 of a $1500 bankroll or something, you need to get laid, or get a massage, or get drunk or something. You take life (and poker) way to seriously.It's really fun to nutbar a $5 or $10 LHE S&G, try it some time.Seriously, the dude lost $840. Not $8K or $80K; but $840. That is nothing to them. They'll bet that on how long it takes them to get a beer from the bar or something.

yeah i read about some seif hands too.  i just don't get it.  some people thinks he really does suck and that it doesn't take much to win some wsop tournaments(i disagree).  and others say he works for AP so he doesn't care that he's donking away thousands a week.  obviously limit cash games are far different from NL tournaments, but it's not like going from holdem to 2-7 or something.  it's still effing holdem.
I was reading a thread at 2+2 with a hand that involved seif, and one of the posters there said that seif is a pretty big loser in the 50 and 75 games. I don't know how much he gets paid by AP for his endorsement, but, from what i've seen, I don't know how it would pay for him constantly dropping thousands in those games
First off, sorry if I was an ass to you in my original post.Second, I disagree with your bolded statement.  LHE and NL are very different games.  I think it's entirely possible to be good at one and suck at another.  I think a good example would be the fact that a very LAG style can often work well in NL, whereas it is much, much more difficult to play limit with a LAG style, espeically at a full table.
actually a very good point. i always love it when a guy starts rambling on at my table about how you cant ever get someone off a hand and he hates limit. however, even a good NLHE player knows it's never a good idea to play half your hands at a full table.
Emineric, lot's of people drop down to blow off steam. If you don't think it's fun to go to a .05/.10 table and raise every hand for 20 minutes and donk off $5 of a $1500 bankroll or something, you need to get laid, or get a massage, or get drunk or something. You take life (and poker) way to seriously.It's really fun to nutbar a $5 or $10 LHE S&G, try it some time.Seriously, the dude lost $840. Not $8K or $80K; but $840. That is nothing to them. They'll bet that on how long it takes them to get a beer from the bar or something.
yeah i hear ya, it's just with me even when i go down to .25/.50 to check if my pokerace is working correctly i still try and play winning poker. i can't seem to donk off my chips purposely at any level for some reason. so i guess i just don't understand the mentality behind it. you're right though, i do take my life and poker pretty seriously, i'm not sure that's a bad thing though. of course as i'm writing this i'm sipping a frosty pint of guinness at 6:30 am. mmmm, brilliant!
Great story.I laughed.I swore off Pabst Blue Ribbon.
that whole blog is hilarious actually, it's like pringles, i couldn't eat, or um, read just one. i wish there was more content. there are a few pretty good dealer blogs out there. it's always fun to hear about the underbelly of KFL, er i mean poker. a quote from me at the table last night after DW mentioned KFL was in the house, "i'd do KFL, i mean she's no mickey appleman, but i'd definately do her". distasteful? definately. humorous? maybe. response from the table: nothing. DW is either much classier than me or he just wasn't reading the chatbox. probably a bit of both.