just hit quads and a royal flush today...wow

Seat 1: ace2race [8C,9D] ($770.70 in chips)Seat 3: Zack Prager ($515 in chips)Seat 4: ciccio193 ($511.65 in chips)Seat 6: zeka ($382.70 in chips)Seat 8: Kjepphaug ($408 in chips)Seat 10: deign ($234.40 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSciccio193 posts blind ($3), zeka posts blind ($6).PRE-FLOPKjepphaug bets $20, deign folds, ace2race calls $20, Zack Prager folds, ciccio193 calls $17, zeka calls $14.FLOP [board cards 9C,QS,8D ]ciccio193 checks, zeka checks, Kjepphaug bets $50, ace2race calls $50, ciccio193 folds, zeka folds.TURN [board cards 9C,QS,8D,8H ]Kjepphaug bets $100, ace2race bets $400, Kjepphaug calls $238 and is all-in.RIVER [board cards 9C,QS,8D,8H,8S ]SHOWDOWNace2race shows [ 8C,9D ]Kjepphaug mucks cards [ KH,KD ]ace2race wins $62, ace2race wins $853.SUMMARYDealer: Zack PragerPot: $918, (including rake: $3)ace2race, bets $470, collects $915, net $445Zack Prager, loses $0ciccio193, loses $20zeka, loses $20Kjepphaug, loses $408deign, loses $0today is my lucky day...about 15 minutes after this i hit ROYAL FLUSH i just had to post this im excited

You must be a brand new player.The poker gods always do this to newbies. They make u feel invincible then whammo u cant buy a pot. Get out while the gettings good and dont look back.
A brand new player? u kidding me? i probably been playing longer then you bud.I was excited because I hit quads and royal flush the same day which is very rare and im flopping sets.up 2266 right now
Seat 1: ace2race [8C,9D] ($770.70 in chips). . .ANTES/BLINDSciccio193 posts blind ($3), zeka posts blind ($6).PRE-FLOPKjepphaug bets $20, deign folds, ace2race calls $20, Zack Prager folds, ciccio193 calls $17, zeka calls $14.
Nice.
Been playing for about four years now and still haven't had a royal flush except once when I was playing the board. Rot in hell.
I've been playing seriously since 1980 and I've never had a straigt flush, let alone a royal. Though, in fairness, I must say that the bulk (though not all) of my playing before 1987 or so was lowball draw.
Been playing for about four years now and still haven't had a royal flush except once when I was playing the board. Rot in hell.
I've been playing seriously since 1980 and I've never had a straigt flush, let alone a royal. Though, in fairness, I must say that the bulk (though not all) of my playing before 1987 or so was lowball draw.
lol hard to hit a straight flush in lowball :club: ive been playing seriously for 2 years and i must have made at least 5 straight flushes
I've been playing five card draw since 1995, but I've only recently begun to take the game seriously. I've never had a royal playing that game either.
Seat 1: ace2race [8C,9D] ($770.70 in chips). . .ANTES/BLINDSciccio193 posts blind ($3), zeka posts blind ($6).PRE-FLOPKjepphaug bets $20, deign folds, ace2race calls $20, Zack Prager folds, ciccio193 calls $17, zeka calls $14.
Nice.
thats what I was thinking...3x blind call with 2 more behind to act...brutal call...nice hand afterward, but...what were you thinking preflop?

He was rushing... you all know the feeling when the deck is hitting you (apparently very hard here) you feel like you can win with anything... You all have been there too... Not saying it was a good call... but put yourself in his shoes

He was rushing... you all know the feeling when the deck is hitting you (apparently very hard here) you feel like you can win with anything... You all have been there too... Not saying it was a good call... but put yourself in his shoes
I thought you were going to say..' he had a feeling' I was gonna PUKE if I heard that again...lol
Nice.
thats what I was thinking...3x blind call with 2 more behind to act...brutal call...nice hand afterward, but...what were you thinking preflop?
In a cash game where it's only about 7% of his stack this call is fine.
I thought you were going to say..' he had a feeling' I was gonna PUKE if I heard that again...lol
LMAO... No way...anyone who says "they had a feeling" lose a LOT of money on that feeling and when they finally hit their hand they can say... I knew it... LMAO... No way man... the only feeling you get in poker is NAUSEA from seeing someone play 89off and hit quads on you...
Nice.
He's the big stack, it matters most the size of the other stacks and the second biggest is only about $500. This call is horrible.
Nice.
He's the big stack, it matters most the size of the other stacks and the second biggest is only about $500. This call is horrible.
In a tournament scenario I agree with you. In a cash game I make this call most of the time.
Nice.
In a tournament scenario I agree with you. In a cash game I make this call most of the time.
Hey Turd...most of the time I agree with your way of thinking...this time though it is not the way I would play...I have played at your table b4 at party and I know you are normally TAG, but this call is a little loose even for me...lol I might call it if I was rushing or if I was playing a table that was ultra tight and I thought I might get the initial raiser off his hand with a small card flop...but other than that, I would like to wait for a better hand...plus I actually don't like 89 even suited in a raised pot...if you hit your high draw there is certainly someone with a better draw out there, so you are really looking for just the low and the pair draw with the 89...know what I mean?

Meh, just hit quad kings, 2 guys called my raise preflop. I flopped the boat with pocket Kings and rivered the 4 of a kind. Flop 66K, turn 9, river King. I checked the flop, last tp act bets, we both call. Then first to act bets off turn and I call as does flop better. Turn better checks, I bet hoping to extract something on the end. Well flop better calls and the other guy folds. He shows A9. I love fish.