bleeding money in mtt's

I was a cash game player and decided that touneys fit my life better. and I have been bleeding away money like it is going out of style. I am sure there are other people in FCP that are doing the same thing.Rant away

Um....go back to cash games then?
I am I took a few week break, re-read SSHE and I am going back at it on Janurary 1.I didn't really care about the money, I enjoy playing them after work, instead of sitting in front of the TV. and I was hoping to hit a big chunk of change.

Keep playing them. Tourneys are MUCH different from ring games and your not alone. I played MTTs for months before a big cash. Give it a few months or even years, you'll find yourself at final tables every week. Brag- I've had 4 FTs this week

Yeah, I'm in the process of bleeding money due to MTTs.However, that big cash could be right around the corner, so I'm gonna keep playing em.
the way i look at it is, if you have to skillsets to be successful, in the long run you will make more money in MTTs. The more you play the more you learn about how to approach different stages of the tourneys. You cash once in a 10$ rebuy final table and all of a sudden you're + 10 000.
the way i look at it is, if you have to skillsets to be successful, in the long run you will make more money in MTTs. The more you play the more you learn about how to approach different stages of the tourneys. You cash once in a 10$ rebuy final table and all of a sudden you're + 10 000.
Don't let Smash see you seeing something like that.

lol I think all you guys just want my dead money. I have seem to switch between them once a month or so. I like the FCP tourneys just because they take much less time.How long did you go before your first final table. I have cashed twice in 26 MTT's but never made a final table (at something bigger than the 30 man SNG's)

Yeah, I'm in the process of bleeding money due to MTTs.However, that big cash could be right around the corner, so I'm gonna keep playing em.
This is simply not true. And no, its not close.
I was a cash game player and decided that touneys fit my life better. and I have been bleeding away money like it is going out of style. I am sure there are other people in FCP that are doing the same thing.Rant away
On the internet, I use my cash game and sng winnings for MTT buy ins. My BR stays close to even this way.Live play I just buy in with what's in my wallet and keep my cash game BR seperate.
what do you mean.for myself i make more money in tournaments. I keep a book and over the last 4 months have profited 9500 from 20$ live rebuy tourneys with usually 100 - 140 entrants.

MTT's are to be played with moderation......If you are a good player...you should be shopping for the best MTT's....look for overlays...find the ones with great value...good structures...etc...The Ring game is still the bread and butter for those that pay the bills with poker.

what do you mean.for myself i make more money in tournaments. I keep a book and over the last 4 months have profited 9500 from 20$ live rebuy tourneys with usually 100 - 140 entrants.
Stating your credentials doesnt get you anywhere around here, and frankly it just looks pathetic. It also doesnt help address the question you asked.
MTT's are to be played with moderation......If you are a good player...you should be shopping for the best MTT's....look for overlays...find the ones with great value...good structures...etc...The Ring game is still the bread and butter for those that pay the bills with poker.
I beg to differ, are we forgetting about people like Mr. Bonomo?

Yes, you can make a living from tournament play, but the majority of players I know (and the majority on this forum) make their living from ring games. Ring games can be incredibly profitable, as many will attest to.........on a side note, I must have been in a cave and missed where the "PM DNA" jokes came from. Can someone send me a link? Or should I just PM DNA to get it.....

He is OUT of the norm....and by OUT of the norm....I mean somebody that is much luckier than the rest of us....His win rate dwarfs the best tournament pros.....variance is coming.
He is OUT of the norm....and by OUT of the norm....I mean somebody that is much luckier than the rest of us....His win rate dwarfs the best tournament pros.....variance is coming.
Ya The guy is ****in sick, I'm not sure how many other people could average $300/hour over 1000 sng's, that shit is just crazy

The reason some people prefer MTT's to cash games is the risk vs. reward.In a MTT, the big $ at the top is worth the small risk to enter the tournament.If you win a MTT or make a final table, you can make more than 10X the buy-in.Also, in a cash game, you have to put up more $ to win less.Examples:You enter a MTT for $50 and come in 3th place, winning $1,000.You play in a 5/10 limit cash game, and lose $300 one night. While over the long run, successful players will be making $, a bad night a cash game is more $ lost than not making the $ in a MTT.Also, playing like a donkey in a MTT will do less harm to a bankroll than playing like a donkey in ring games (esp. NL or Pot-limit games)

Stating your credentials doesnt get you anywhere around here, and frankly it just looks pathetic. It also doesnt help address the question you asked.
relax i didnt mean anything buy it. all iwas tryign to say is that a fair well in tourneys, i am payign my way through university doing it and i enjoy the tourney over cash games.
agreed.i enjoy the pokerstars 10$ + rebuy MTT 45 000 gaurenteed everyday.