• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

YOU'RE GOIN' TO JAIL BUCK-O!
Chicken didn't. And I live in a communist country.
I thought 'hago' was more like 'I can' whereas when you say Estoy whattheeffever, you're saying, "I am.." Not quite future versus present but similar. I dunno.. My spanish is pretty much relegated to food prep and crude comments about waitresses. I'll be anxiously awaiting that blog update, Jeff.
Won't be Spanish, but I'm anxiously awaiting the day I can sexually harass the help.New blog posted yesterday, another today, probably.
I thought 'hago' was more like 'I can' whereas when you say Estoy whattheeffever, you're saying, "I am.." Not quite future versus present but similar. I dunno.. My spanish is pretty much relegated to food prep and crude comments about waitresses. I'll be anxiously awaiting that blog update, Jeff.
hacer- to do or to makeestar-to be (location, feelings, temporary states of being)In spanish you don't have to say, for instance, "I am setting the table." It's acceptable to say, "I set the table" for the present or very near future. This is of course how I understand it. I'm sure our native speaker will help me out if I've got it wrong. As for hago (I make/do), I don't think it always works for everything it works for in English, so in the case of, "Hago los preparativos", I used it incorrectly or it would have made sense to Raq.
Oh wow. That's funny. Well played Mr. Steermann. Well played.
He's sexy when he's being all clever and jokey.

I just wrote a summar of an article about Thor Heyerdahl and his voyage across the Pacific in a raft, IN SPANISH! It was hard. My brain is tired. Even with the help of the inteweb, it was quite a feat. Ahora, necessito estudiar para el examen.

Had more of a fantasy sweat then I thought. Pretty much thought I had zero chance of winning this week (which I didn't win btw) as I was down 15 points going into Monday night and had Knox, Jennings and Gould and he still had Cutler.Only lost by 5.5 while I was expecting to lose by at least 15+. Sick 'what ifs', if one of Cutlers TD's was to Knox I win by 1/2 point which would have rocked.Ahh well, currently 2-1, 3rd out of 12 overall.One dude in our league had such a sick week, had Vick, Boldin, Maclin, Gore and Collie, 150+ points.
Much better than me.I outscored 6 of the other 9 teams in my league, but not the guy I was playing. 0-3 now and 1 of only 2 winless teams in the league.

Boooooo, I knew about the lawsuit so this wasn't surprising except that Sig is leaving too.A trio of stars of Discovery's hit reality series "Deadliest Catch" have left the show.Capts. Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand -- who were sued earlier this month by Discovery for allegedly not performing work on a planned spinoff special -- as well as Capt. Sig Hansen, said in a statement Tuesday that they were "unable" to continue on the series due to the litigation.

Boooooo, I knew about the lawsuit so this wasn't surprising except that Sig is leaving too.A trio of stars of Discovery's hit reality series "Deadliest Catch" have left the show.Capts. Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand -- who were sued earlier this month by Discovery for allegedly not performing work on a planned spinoff special -- as well as Capt. Sig Hansen, said in a statement Tuesday that they were "unable" to continue on the series due to the litigation.
I kind am tired of it anyway. I still have 8 shows from last season that I haven't watched. That show held my interest longer than most reality shows.Make a motorcycle every week, drive a truck on ice every week, chop down tree's every week, .................Only one that I watched more than one season of was Deadliest Catch. I do like dirty jobs but that's because of Mike Rowe.
FYI - we are hanging out on October 22nd...Make plans for us...Jarret is coming and my friends are driving in from Carroll....PM me ur cell...
Those Iowa uniforms were brutal this past weekend.
Will you be down in the Keys on Dec 25th or 27th?
hacer- to do or to makeestar-to be (location, feelings, temporary states of being)In spanish you don't have to say, for instance, "I am setting the table." It's acceptable to say, "I set the table" for the present or very near future. This is of course how I understand it. I'm sure our native speaker will help me out if I've got it wrong. As for hago (I make/do), I don't think it always works for everything it works for in English, so in the case of, "Hago los preparativos", I used it incorrectly or it would have made sense to Raq.He's sexy when he's being all clever and jokey.
sometimes I forget what the actual "rules" are...but you're right, when you said hago it didn't make sense in spanish... Chicago Crew - where are we having dinner on Saturday?