FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

I think a lot of people are mis-interpreting what I said about not rooting for the Cowboys. I have absolutely nothing but love for an Owens-less team.
I guess I don't get it... Football is much more of a team game to me than most other sports in that I root for the team regardless of who is playing on it. Then again on the other hand I don't really root for any teams in the NBA, I just follow players.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Nice, do you see him listed on any of the update sites, I don't see him on Cardplayer and I haven't checked anywhere else yet.
cardplayer sucks assCountsby Court on 1/7/2007 14:08 Mixmaster- 70knip/tuck - 18kVegasGQ - 62kbasebaldy - 90kMattG1983 - 135kChuckSty - 173kSamENole - 28kMrTimCaum- 41kHelixx- 71kGobboboy - 141kGenius28-150kActionJeff- 90kWeaponX- 90khbhitman- 38kGreen Plastic - 17kBrett Favre- 89kMuchaka- 55kZeeJustin- 64kBigRiskky- 164k (aka a "jillion" says Roothlus)
Chipleader of the entire tourney has 190k. DN has 79k. Tommy looking real goodMixmaster- 70knip/tuck - 18kVegasGQ - 62kbasebaldy - 90kMattG1983 - 135kChuckSty - 173kSamENole - 28kMrTimCaum- 41kHelixx- 71kGobboboy - 141kGenius28-150kActionJeff- 90kWeaponX- 90khbhitman- 38kGreen Plastic - 17kBrett Favre- 89kMuchaka- 55kZeeJustin- 64kBigRiskky- 164k (aka a "jillion" says Roothlus)
WTF?
I think a lot of people are mis-interpreting what I said about not rooting for the Cowboys. I have absolutely nothing but love for an Owens-less team.
And that's why I still say you're not a true fan than. A true fan would root their team on regardless of who the players were. Not choose another team just because the hate one player. They cheer their team and badmouth the player they hate.
If a Bahamian says this to you, you are either ultra-cool, or more likely just gave your bellman a nice tip.ChuckSty is getting some 'Respek' at his table today, as he has been chipping nicely to 173k."I'm getting respect, but they are sweating me, sweating me hard. Some guys are taking 5 minutes to fold."Hopefully his opponents continue to give ChukSty respek throughout the day.
I guess I don't get it... Football is much more of a team game to me than most other sports in that I root for the team regardless of who is playing on it. Then again on the other hand I don't really root for any teams in the NBA, I just follow players.
I disagreed with Cowboys management that adding TO to that team was a good move. It was my contention that it was a horrible move and that to embrace TO on that team when he's been so disrespectful of the Cowboys organization and of the game of football in general was an indicator that Jerry Jones was only interested in money and not in the integrity of that team. I disagree whole heartedly with that decision. When that lesson is learned and that decision rescinded, I will have no problem with the Cowboys organization.It's a little like Greg's situation with his daughter. You can love the daughter without condoning her actions. Same thing. I never said I hate the Cowboys. I hate the decision that was made and when that decision is rectified, all will be fine again. As long as TO is a part of that team, however, that team is not a team on the same wavelength as I am. We have a fundamental difference of opinion and I cannot pretend that I don't. It's a philosophical difference of opinion about what it means to be a Cowboy and who deserves to be a Cowboy.
And that's why I still say you're not a true fan than. A true fan would root their team on regardless of who the players were. Not choose another team just because the hate one player. They cheer their team and badmouth the player they hate.
Yep. Or silently cheers for the team they've always loved and pretends the player they hate doesn't exist.Guess you would have had to have been in my living room all year long though to be able to judge my actions, right?
I disagreed with Cowboys management that adding TO to that team was a good move. It was my contention that it was a horrible move and that to embrace TO on that team when he's been so disrespectful of the Cowboys organization and of the game of football in general was an indicator that Jerry Jones was only interested in money and not in the integrity of that team. I disagree whole heartedly with that decision. When that lesson is learned and that decision rescinded, I will have no problem with the Cowboys organization.It's a little like Greg's situation with his daughter. You can love the daughter without condoning her actions. Same thing. I never said I hate the Cowboys. I hate the decision that was made and when that decision is rectified, all will be fine again. As long as TO is a part of that team, however, that team is not a team on the same wavelength as I am. We have a fundamental difference of opinion and I cannot pretend that I don't. It's a philosophical difference of opinion about what it means to be a Cowboy and who deserves to be a Cowboy.
But Greg did go cheering on other people's daughters.
Yep. Or silently cheers for the team they've always loved and pretends the player they hate doesn't exist.Guess you would have had to have been in my living room all year long though to be able to judge my actions, right?
I can only base my judgements on comments you have made here. To me your living room does not exist.
I can only base my judgements on comments you have made here. To me your living room does not exist.
And comments I have made in here have never been negative about the Cowboys team. They have been negative about Jerry Jones' motivations and about Terrell Owens' attitude but I double dog dare you to find anything I've said that was negative about the rest of the team.
I dunno. Even though I've never been to Oklahoma, I'd be willing to bet Renae does have a living room.
So since you're a Bucs fan, you can't root for any other team especially when they're not playing against the Bucs?
I only root for teams if I've got money riding on the game, unless it's playoffs. Other than that I just wish for an exciting game.
Yea, she has a valentines day tree hanging up in it!
Right now it's a partially finished Superbowl tree including Cowboys ornaments.In fact, Vann, if you'll remember the last time we talked about this you said you hoped TO caught the winning TD catch in the Superbowl and I said that would be fine with me as long as it was Terry Glenn catching it instead of TO. So there.
And comments I have made in here have never been negative about the Cowboys team. They have been negative about Jerry Jones' motivations and about Terrell Owens' attitude but I double dog dare you to find anything I've said that was negative about the rest of the team.
I never said you made negative comments. You said at the beginning of the season you would not cheer for a Cowboys team that had Owens on it and were taking applications for a new team to cheer for, ultimately deciding on the Seahawks when Greg sent you the ballcap.
Right now it's a partially finished Superbowl tree including Cowboys ornaments.In fact, Vann, if you'll remember the last time we talked about this you said you hoped TO caught the winning TD catch in the Superbowl and I said that would be fine with me as long as it was Terry Glenn catching it instead of TO. So there.
My bad, I forgot about the Superbowl.