I just started playing this game although it is fun and completly differnt then most forms of poker i have played, some what similar to 2 7 and A 5 triple draw, i was having a hard time figureing out what are good starting hands besides the obvious.I mean what is a good way to start, do you just draw at a badugi or do you only draw at a badugi 8 or better? What does it normally take to win aka the avereage winning hand in holdem is two pair. and what is good enough to be raising with on the end and what should you be check calling on the end with etc. just in general obvioulsy as in any poker the play matters.

I'm familiar with the game but haven't played enough to really know the strategy. My opinion, partly learned the hard way is this, staying pat with a rough badugi will win a decent amount of the time, but will cost more when you are beat. I would say draw to a 9 or better on the first draw, 7 or better on the 2nd and third draws, of course depending on the action. I will raise with a draw to a 4 or any hand I am playing pat. I will check the river with anything but a very strong hand or complete bluff, as you are likely to get no action on the river unless you are beat. I haven't tried it, but imagine that against many players, staying pat after 2 draws without a badugi and betting the river would be profitable. If I get to try the game again, I will have to try that a couple of times.

That is an interesting game. I played a little in July at the WSOP. Eskimo Clark told me he is the 1 who brought it to Las Vegas. It is 4 card triple draw for low and same suits. IF you don't have 4 suits after third draw then it goes to the lowest 3 suits.It takes a little time to get used to it; but not a bad game. It is a monster action game of course. :wink:

Yeah, the entirety of my experience with Badugi comes from watching it played as part of a high-stakes game on Live at the Bike. From what I remember, it's an action game moreso than a skill game, and even a rough Badugi is good enough to win most times.That was helpful, I know. :club:

cool thanks everybody, i kind of figured a rough badugi was normally good depending on the situation. and it did seem more like an action game but i figured most played it bad so i would have a chance to win some money with a basic strat that some here have found successful.