on the button

Here is a hand I had last night, wondering what others would do in this situation. I was on the button with AJ of hearts in a tourney 3 handed....i made it 150 to go and was called by both the BB and SB...Flop came 1o h K h and 8 s so what would you have done here, will post more on the hand as i see responses.Chugg

Here is a hand I had last night, wondering what others would do in this situation. I was on the button with AJ of hearts in a tourney 3 handed....i made it 150 to go and was called by both the BB and SB...Flop came 1o h K h and 8 s so what would you have done here, will post more on the hand as i see responses.Chugg
Kinda hard to give an opinion or view with this little information. Who were the players, what were the blinds , what were the stacks?

Bet 2/3's of the pot, see what happens. It's a semi bluff, but if everyone missed you'll probably take it down. If you're called, you still have 2 cards to make your flush or catch an Ace.

Bet 2/3's of the pot, see what happens. It's a semi bluff, but if everyone missed you'll probably take it down. If you're called, you still have 2 cards to make your flush or catch an Ace.
Or a straight.You have 15 outs... push hard.
Post in strat!!
Good advice. But how exactly do you bet 2/3 of the pot if there has been a bet and a raise in front of you or if the sb pushed or if the bb pushed or if the sb and bb pushed.You can't give advice until you know the situation.Also, would you bet 2/3 if you didn't even have half of what was in the pot in you stack?
Good advice. But how exactly do you bet 2/3 of the pot if there has been a bet and a raise in front of you or if the sb pushed or if the bb pushed or if the sb and bb pushed.You can't give advice until you know the situation.Also, would you bet 2/3 if you didn't even have half of what was in the pot in you stack?
You're right, I assumed both players in front checked since the OP didn't advise otherwise. There isn't enough information provided to give a perfect answer, so I advised based on all things being equal and two checks in front of me (first hand of the tournament chip counts). If the OP had provided more details, the advice might change, it might not. If 2/3's of the pot would be more than half my remaining stack, I'd probably just push. I'll take 15 outs with two cards coming for all my money all day long.
You're right, I assumed both players in front checked since the OP didn't advise otherwise. There isn't enough information provided to give a perfect answer, so I advised based on all things being equal and two checks in front of me (first hand of the tournament chip counts). If the OP had provided more details, the advice might change, it might not. If 2/3's of the pot would be more than half my remaining stack, I'd probably just push. I'll take 15 outs with two cards coming for all my money all day long.
Sorry - forgot the j/k - I wasn't getting after you, just reinforcing the importance of the OP giving us something to work with.
Sorry - forgot the j/k - I wasn't getting after you, just reinforcing the importance of the OP giving us something to work with.
No prob, wasn't getting after you either, the OP definitely needed to post a lot more information to get any type of meaningful advice. Probably wouldn't have hurt to post this in strat either... :club:

Chip Stacks, Me 2100BB 900SB 1000Blinds were 50 100SB had been playing almost every pot hitting some but losing most, BB hadn't raised in the entire game, and all around pretty tight. I honestly had never played with either of these players before so could not give much more info about them then that. nobody at this point had raised only money was BB, SB and my 150.

If you are on the button and it is checked to you - I would take a free card. If any of them have a piece of that flop - I don't see them letting go of their hand, if you make a small bet here they are going to push with anything. Take a card and try to make a hand. You have a nice lead - no need to double anyone up.

Chip Stacks, Me 2100BB 900SB 1000Blinds were 50 100SB had been playing almost every pot hitting some but losing most, BB hadn't raised in the entire game, and all around pretty tight. I honestly had never played with either of these players before so could not give much more info about them then that. nobody at this point had raised only money was BB, SB and my 150.
how the hell did you raise to 150 with blinds at 50/100?
Chip Stacks,  Me 2100BB 900SB 1000Blinds were 50 100SB had been playing almost every pot hitting some but losing most, BB hadn't raised in the entire game, and all around pretty tight.  I honestly had never played with either of these players before so could not give much more info about them then that. nobody at this point had raised only money was BB, SB and my 150.
how the hell did you raise to 150 with blinds at 50/100?
Sounds like a home game.