marginal hands lead to tough decisions.

Party Poker. 6-max.MP is 20/14/3.SB is 35/13/2.I'm UTG with K :D J :).Preflop:I raise, I call.Flop: (10sb) K :) 2 :club: 4 :D (3 players)SB checks, I check, MP bets, MP calls.Turn: (8bb) 8 :D (3 players)SB bets.River: (10bb)2 :)SB bets, I call.Mostly concerned with my flop and turn play.

I 3-bet the flop to fold MP. If SB caps behind me I give serious thought to folding the turn UI. Of course, you improve on the turn so you have to call, and the river is easy for one bet. Looks like you played it fine.Jeff

I think I play it just like you did. This is why raising KJo sucks, but I do it anyway. Because I'm too stubborn to admit I can't impose my will on everyone. The heart might have killed us on the turn, but I'm too stubborn to admit I can't impose my will on everyone.Wang out

I 3-bet the flop to fold MP. If SB caps behind me I give serious thought to folding the turn UI. Of course, you improve on the turn so you have to call, and the river is easy for one bet. Looks like you played it fine.Jeff
ack, don't know about that. We'll get capped by this villian on a flush draw enough times(and maybe a hand like K9 or K10) to where I'd want to call down with TPGK.I too am three betting this flop, i like to three bet TP
I think I play it just like you did. This is why raising KJo sucks, but I do it anyway.
no, this is wrong. Raising KJo in a short handed game is standard and should be done all the time
I think I play it just like you did. This is why raising KJo sucks, but I do it anyway.
no, this is wrong. Raising KJo in a short handed game is standard and should be done all the time
I didn't say not to.It just sucks. It's a crappy hand to play. I hate it. I'm sure I clearly stated that I play it the exact same way.Raising KJ0 just sucks, and fills me with a little dread. Not as much dread as knowing I might have to, for example, fuck a fat chick, but less dread than, say, having to clean my apartment.Misunderstanding's cleared upWangWang

I don't know if I'm just a little different, but I'm considering folding this on the flop. I'm assuming that with a 3-bet pf, one guy cold calling 2.5 SB, then them betting and raising the flop, I think I'm folding honestly. I guess there is so much that beats us that we're losing this pot most of the time.

I don't know if I'm just a little different, but I'm considering folding this on the flop. I'm assuming that with a 3-bet pf, one guy cold calling 2.5 SB, then them betting and raising the flop, I think I'm folding honestly. I guess there is so much that beats us that we're losing this pot most of the time.

I didn't say not to.It just sucks. It's a crappy hand to play. I hate it. I'm sure I clearly stated that I play it the exact same way.Raising KJ0 just sucks, and fills me with a little dread. Not as much dread as knowing I might have to, for example, fuck a fat chick, but less dread than, say, having to clean my apartment.Misunderstanding's cleared upWangWang
Dropping an F-bomb while replying to KDawg's post is very -EV. He can be ill-tempered about that sort of thing.
...my handle is Shimmering Wang. I think I'm pretty much starting off on the wrong foot with any moderaters anyway.Ice
TJ not speaketh for the KDawgCometh. I'm pretty comfortable raising KJo, so I don't have the dread of boning the heifer that you do my man when it comes to KJo

Ok, I guess I am still a newbe according to you guys but I 3 bet the flop also and like Kdawg said seriously think about folding the turn if it gets capped. But the problem I see is the turn you improve again. I would play the hand the exact same only difference I 3 bet the flop.

Turn: (8bb) 8 :D (3 players)SB bets.River: (10bb)2 :club:SB betsI think calling the flop here helps you more than raising does.When you call MP's going to reraise if he has the King and has you dominated (AF of 3) letting you run away cheap (although you have to call if its 1 back to you...)After he calls, its safe to say he's on AQ or something like 77-QQ and is disappearing on the turn UI.After playing the flop like you did you have to raise that turn. You have played like a flush draw would and you intend on calling the river.
It should be done on a long-handed table, too (in position), because the donkeys will call you with K9 and pay off TP3K handsomely. :club:
Ok, I guess I am still a newbe according to you guys but I 3 bet the flop also and like Kdawg said seriously think about folding the turn if it gets capped. But the problem I see is the turn you improve again. I would play the hand the exact same only difference I 3 bet the flop.
You're the second one to mention the turn improvement. Do you really think picking up a draw to a 4th nut 1-card flush is enough improvement to change anything here? I dont play much shorthanded, so I dont know the right play here, but if I'm thinking seriously about folding top pair, doubt that flush draw is chaning my mind.
You're the second one to mention the turn improvement. Do you really think picking up a draw to a 4th nut 1-card flush is enough improvement to change anything here? I dont play much shorthanded, so I dont know the right play here, but if I'm thinking seriously about folding top pair, doubt that flush draw is chaning my mind.
considering what's being represented by the villain (that is, either a pair and a draw, which we're ahead of marginally on the turn, or a hand that beats us, which probably makes our jack draw good), the heart on the turn is PLENTY of improvement to call down in this situation.