finding a poker mentor.

I have been playing online poker for a while and visit Atlantic City whenever I can. I do well in the Low Stakes NLHE tournaments, especially single tables but I need help with my limit hold'em cash games skill. I also hope to learn to play 7-Card Stud well.When I was playing $.25/$. 50 hold'em I got met this guy who was talking about how a mentor was helping him out in poker. I'm now thinking about someone local who can help me with my poker. Can anyone point me in the right direction of finding a mentor?

i dont play the limits that u do, but i wouldnt mind helping, i have a good deal of exp w 7 stud as well. i live in md but i play in AC alot esp now that the owls club got busted. i can relate some of the basic concepts to u in a way thats easy to understand strtng hnd slctn, position, pot odds etc. but i would recommend that u buy some books and start applying what u read to ur cash game play. lou kriegers holdem books are well written and very easy to digest. these guys swear by sshe as well. pm me if u ever want me to look at some of ur hands or if theres something ur not sure about.

I have been playing online poker for a while and visit Atlantic City whenever I can. I do well in the Low Stakes NLHE tournaments, especially single tables but I need help with my limit hold'em cash games skill. I also hope to learn to play 7-Card Stud well.When I was playing $.25/$. 50 hold'em I got met this guy who was talking about how a mentor was helping him out in poker. I'm now thinking about someone local who can help me with my poker. Can anyone point me in the right direction of finding a mentor?
Why don't you just read a few books, and play 2 0r 3 million hands? You're not going to become a good player if you don't work at it.

You do not need a mentor at these stakes. This is like getting a tutor for elementary algebra, especially since the low stakes tables in AC are some of the absolutely softest games around. Buy a book on low stakes holdem, or even just google a starting hand chart and go from there. SSHE is good for limit holdem, and Super/System 2 is a good book for stud basics (although I think it might only cover stud hi/lo). Beating the low limit AC games just requires you to have a half a brain and not calling down marginal hands. If you already understand the importance of position and pot odds from NL play, it should not be a problem for you.