how bad was my play? ron mexico talks poker

Well I don't know why I came here tonight,I got the feeling that something ain't right,I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,Clowns to the left of me,Jokers to the right, here I am,Stuck in the middle with you.
sounds like a threesome
Sounds like a Tuesday at Royals.
i wouldn't know, never been invited
Well I don't know why I came here tonight,I got the feeling that something ain't right,I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,Clowns to the left of me,Jokers to the right, here I am,Stuck in the middle with you.
sounds like a threesome
well thats because your manly physique scared me, i dont like being out shined.but i can make an exception, You should be dancin' YeahhhhhDancin' Yeaah!!!
He called 1:1 for a 3:1 draw,  
How did he call 1:1?Was the pot magically erased at some point in this hand prior to the all in?He being paid 2.8:1. 400 + 400 preflop, 500 + 500 from his bet, plus your 1000 bet to his 1000 call. 2800 for 1000, plus the small blind, which is a negligable amount.He is about 1.2:1 to win the hand, or precisely 45% to win the hand, if you want to look at it in percentages.You need to fold the flop unless he's been doing this a lot on stone cold bluffs. Generally speaking, he's pricing himself in for any reasonable draw and as little middle pair, probably. He's almost getting correct odds to call with middle pair even if he _knew_ you had an overpair. (almost, but not quite). It's good that he had a flush draw. You were slightly better than even money with him. What if he had something along the lines of top pair? You're drawing quite slim.You also need to NOT try blind steals with Q/4off after raising two hands prior and stealing the blinds. People get suspicious and start calling with hands that they otherwise wouldnt. You do not want loose calls from people who're suspicious that you're "buying" pots.
sounds like a threesome
well thats because your manly physique scared me, i dont like being out shined.but i can make an exception, You should be dancin' YeahhhhhDancin' Yeaah!!!
not only dancing now, i'm glowing...and listening to "Memories" god this song rocks
He called 1:1 for a 3:1 draw,  
How did he call 1:1?Was the pot magically erased at some point in this hand prior to the all in?He being paid 2.8:1. 400 + 400 preflop, 500 + 500 from his bet, plus your 1000 bet to his 1000 call. 2800 for 1000, plus the small blind, which is a negligable amount.He is about 1.2:1 to win the hand, or precisely 45% to win the hand, if you want to look at it in percentages..
He's only getting 1:1 on his money for the entire hand.sure he might be getting 2.8 : 1 for his decision at that exact moment.but realistically, he's only getting 1:1 I know you cant look at it this way, but if i was in that guys shoes, i'd have too, whats he doing calling the raise with K,3? i'm guessing it was the suited aspect that made him change his mind, and if for some miracle he hits a flush, he's not getting very good odds since its HU to call such a large preflop raise.see what i'm saying?? sure after the re-raise all in by Ron its 2.8 to one, but the over all scheme is 1:1

It isn't.That's not how these things work.Hindsight means nothing for his current decision, and for what you can expect his current decision to be.I mean, that is unless you're offering him his 900 chips back in exchange for the pot, which - last i checked, wasnt possible.He didnt _want_ you to go all in, but he's easily priced into calling. He was planning on winning the pot outright.If you want to look at it in hindsight though, his hand was the favorite preflop too.Why did he call? Ron said himself that he stole the blinds the two hands leading up to this. Not that i would call - but it's not at all unreasonable to expect that someone would.....And i saw you write in another post you're from richmond hill. Where in richmond hill? I used to live off off of valleymede (im now in thornhill).

Good day,First time we talk.  I think your opponent call is fine.  He did not know that of course but he had around 45% chance of winning the hand after the flop therefore his 1000 call to win 2800 is fine.  A lot of people in sit'n'gos will go all in when they hit their 4-card flush on the flop.This being said I think that your play pre-flop was incorrect.  I mean you were on the button so there were 3 more hands before you had to pay the BB again.  I think that if you feel low on chips comparing to the blinds, go all-in pre-flop to steal the blinds when you are on the button. Raising 4 times the big blind here with your stack size was just giving him a cheap flop to see.  So pretty much I think you had only two choices pre=flop: all-in or fold.
I think you are a little off here. I wasn't worried about my stack in comparison to the blinds. It folded around to me on the button. A raise with nearly anything isn't a horrible play. Doing it too much (my mistake in hindsight) is the problem. If you fold a lot when it's folded to the button, you aren't doin it right.I think the statement in bold is a little off track as well. Blinds at 50/100 and I should go all in for 2k? No 4x the BB raise is letting someone see a cheap flop? No again.Good day to you.
The PF raise is fine in certain conditions, namely when you havent played many hands.  Dont steal with garbage after taking down the blinds two hands in a row.
I was a little concerned about that, but I was trying to build after my top two lost to that set earlier. Tying to get back in the game.Play and learn, thats my motto.
It isn't.That's not how these things work.Hindsight means nothing for his current decision, and for what you can expect his current decision to be.I mean, that is unless you're offering him his 900 chips back in exchange for the pot, which - last i checked, wasnt possible.He didnt _want_ you to go all in, but he's easily priced into calling.  He was planning on winning the pot outright.If you want to look at it in hindsight though, his hand was the favorite preflop too.Why did he call?  Ron said himself that he stole the blinds the two hands leading up to this.  Not that i would call - but it's not at all unreasonable to expect that someone would.....And i saw you write in another post you're from richmond hill.  Where in richmond hill?  I used to live off off of valleymede (im now in thornhill).
I think you missed the part where i said "I know it doesnt work this way" :wink:I'm from Barrie, work up in King city, near Richmond hill.
Too bad you didn't have a super read on him and know he had the krablar since you were drawing dead from the get go
No.Krablar is k-3 offsuit.Off. suit.His was suited.
Oh man, I misread. Who would play a K3 suited? Don't they know?
It isn't.That's not how these things work.Hindsight means nothing for his current decision, and for what you can expect his current decision to be.I mean, that is unless you're offering him his 900 chips back in exchange for the pot, which - last i checked, wasnt possible.He didnt _want_ you to go all in, but he's easily priced into calling.  He was planning on winning the pot outright.If you want to look at it in hindsight though, his hand was the favorite preflop too.Why did he call?  Ron said himself that he stole the blinds the two hands leading up to this.  Not that i would call - but it's not at all unreasonable to expect that someone would.....And i saw you write in another post you're from richmond hill.  Where in richmond hill?  I used to live off off of valleymede (im now in thornhill).
I think you missed the part where i said "I know it doesnt work this way" :wink:I'm from Barrie, work up in King city, near Richmond hill.
We've got a cute little fixer upper that we hope to start a family in someday. /fingers crossed, and in Royals mouth/

It depends on the size of my chip stack, but I would call most of the time. He is getting 2.8 to 1 on his money. If you have AJ or QQ he still has 12 outs on you. 9 spades and 3 Kings. He is getting the money odds. What I wouldnt have done was call with K3 in the first place.

Guest Zach6668
Too bad you didn't have a super read on him and know he had the krablar since you were drawing dead from the get go
You've been here for a week... stop acting like you own the Krablar.

The play was alright. He might have thought you were stealing again and thats why he called pre-flop, but I wouldn't have called post-flop with just a draw. I'm guessing he threw out the raise as a feeler bet, but he should have folded after you went all in. You played it okay. Maybe a tad aggressive, but I assume you were trying to gain some momentum from the earlier beat.

I really need to talk about my opinions regarding sng's in a thread. I think that there is a specific way of playing them for optimal results. Having said that. I do need to move this to "the strat section". I know it's foreign territory to some folks, but................off we go.

I really need to talk about my opinions regarding sng's in a thread. Having said that. I do need to move this to "the strat section". I know it's foreign teritory to some folks, but................off we go.
A Ron Mexico thread in the Strat section? This should be interesting.
I really need to talk about my opinions regarding sng's in a thread. I think that there is a specific way of playing them for optimal results. Having said that. I do need to move this to "the strat section". I know it's foreign territory to some folks, but................off we go.
steve7stud,OK, I'll bite...could you post your thoughts on sit and goes? I have my opinions as well, but I like to hear opinions of others...especially ones who likely know more than me!Thanks!

I don't like your calling his bet after the flop. You want to try a steal, okay, but his calling your bet pre flop didn't give you enough info to know if he has a jack or even a lousy 7, both of which put you in 'need to suck out mode'. So for you to chase after the flop seems a little like stubborness, not playing your best.If you had 2 spades, or a back door straight draw etc, then I can see continuing the steal attempt, but you got your hand caught after the flop and you should have dumped it. His play was bad also.I say this after I've lost most of my money trying to play an 8 4 o/s super agressive after an 8 high rainbow flop against a calling station that I could beat all day if I don't let my ego get in the way.my 2 cents. Probably worth 3 or 4 though.

steve7stud,OK, I'll bite...could you post your thoughts on sit and goes? I have my opinions as well, but I like to hear opinions of others...especially ones who likely know more than me!Thanks!
I will post about sng's. I think I've posted about them a little bit in the past, but I will devote a whole thread to it. I actually think that sng's are different than poker. I know that sounds ironic. But I'll explain later.
You keep taking shots at me, we're gonna have problems.P.S. There is a strat section?