how bad was my play? ron mexico talks poker

Playing a SNG last night on FT 10+1 18 players. Down to 11 and about 10 hands ago I was the chip leader until my AQ flopped A 5 Q and I ran into pocket Q's. Blinds were 50/100. I had around 1700 in chips and was low at my table. Table was 6 handed.I have yet to show down a garbage hand, not even close.For once in my life, I was trying out the aggressive approach. I am usually very conscious about not being to aggressive at the table b/c I'm aware of table image and I make lots of continuation bets and run bluffs when applicable. I have though just picked up the blinds twice in a row. I'm on the button, basically tight table. The usual. I get Q4 offsuit. It folds around again to me, I raise to 400 (or something, my exact numbers may be a little off) the big blind calls. Flop come J 7 4, two spades. BB bets out $500, for some reason, I don't think he has much, he's just trying to stop me, I reraise all in for his $500 and about $1000 more. He takes a second then calls. He flips over (pinch pinch) K3 of Spades. Now I figure there is 2800 in the pot and he called 1000 more on nothing but a draw. I do admit, my play was hyper aggressive, but was it awful? I was pushing, not calling off to a draw. Would you call with his hand?He had me covered, but had he lost, he would been hurting in the tourney.Just looking for advice or criticism.

Ron, generally speaking bad players bet out either because they are on a draw or because they are stealing. I think you reraising with q 4 right here albeit aggressive is a fine play. I mean you had the best hand and i think his bet would probably mean he has a 7 at best. I'm also not saying that betting out is a bad play on a draw or a steal i'm just saying it's real predictable. Obviously if he is strong he is going to check raise you here. I think your play was good.

Your post flop bet screams weakness.The BB has to figure that even if you have AA that his spade will win him the pot.I believe you said he had only $500 left so he'd be a fool not to try and hit his draw.Your play wasn't that bad but I would fold to his bet on the flop.Also when did you join the good guys at FT and what is ur sn?We should play some tonite if ur going to play.

Well, here's what I think happened.When he bet his draw, he thought in his mind...I don't think he hit that and my bet on my draw will push him off.However, when you re-raised him - the only thing that went through his mind was something like this..."WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY THINKING!?!? DOESN'T HE KNOW I'M ON A FLUSH DRAW...THAT PISSES ME OFF...I CALL!"I think it was something like that. I think his pride pushed him over the edge...Either that or he's a fish who just loves to throw money away on draws.The answer is...no...I would not have called in that situation.

Playing a SNG last night on FT 10+1 18 players. Down to 11 and about 10 hands ago I was the chip leader until my AQ flopped A 5 Q and I ran into pocket Q's. Blinds were 50/100. I had around 1700 in chips and was low at my table. Table was 6 handed.I have yet to show down a garbage hand, not even close.For once in my life, I was trying out the aggressive approach. I am usually very conscious about not being to aggressive at the table b/c I'm aware of table image and I make lots of continuation bets and run bluffs when applicable. I have though just picked up the blinds twice in a row. I'm on the button, basically tight table. The usual. I get Q4 offsuit. It folds around again to me, I raise to 400 (or something, my exact numbers may be a little off) the big blind calls. Flop come J 7 4, two spades. BB bets out $500, for some reason, I don't think he has much, he's just trying to stop me, I reraise all in for his $500 and about $1000 more. He takes a second then calls. He flips over (pinch pinch) K3 of Spades. Now I figure there is 2800 in the pot and he called 1000 more on nothing but a draw. I do admit, my play was hyper aggressive, but was it awful? I was pushing, not calling off to a draw. Would you call with his hand?He had me covered, but had he lost, he would been hurting in the tourney.Just looking for advice or criticism.
I don't think your play was awful. Especially since you had a read, and it was right. .... I don't know if I could have pushed after that bet, but I fuk'n suck so, that's not saying much.

Your play was good if you planned on pushing on the flop....REGARDLESS.You hit your hand...softly...yes...but you hit nonetheless....Once the guy bet...you had no choice but to push if you thought he missed.....Him calling with the flush draw was a product of having put in what he put in...and he felt pot committed....His call was not bad....although...personally...in his shoes....he should have been very wary of you raising your hand preflop with a depleted stack.He had to know he was behind with his hand....he hit a four flush and gave you an opportunity to fold...you didn't and he took the draw on a gamble....I see no fault in your play.

Your post flop bet screams weakness.The BB has to figure that even if you have AA that his spade will win him the pot.I believe you said he had only $500 left so he'd be a fool not to try and hit his draw.Your play wasn't that bad but I would fold to his bet on the flop.Also when did you join the good guys at FT and what is ur sn?We should play some tonite if ur going to play.
No, he would have to call $1000 more after my raise all in. My calling his 500 would only leave me with $1000. It was all or nothing, I think.I signed up a while ago to play the FCP FTP tournies.FCP Ron Mex is the screen name. Ron Mexico wouldn't work. Bastards.The online money is hurting, I"m just playing 10 and 20 dollare sng, 1 and 2 tables.
Your play was good if you planned on pushing on the flop....REGARDLESS.You hit your hand...softly...yes...but you hit nonetheless....Once the guy bet...you had no choice but to push if you thought he missed.....Him calling with the flush draw was a product of having put in what he put in...and he felt pot committed....His call was not bad....although...personally...in his shoes....he should have been very wary of you raising your hand preflop with a depleted stack.He had to know he was behind with his hand....he hit a four flush and gave you an opportunity to fold...you didn't and he took the draw on a gamble....I see no fault in your play.
I wanna kiss you and chucksty on the mouth in a spring break in Cancun style triple kiss.

Good day,First time we talk. I think your opponent call is fine. He did not know that of course but he had around 45% chance of winning the hand after the flop therefore his 1000 call to win 2800 is fine. A lot of people in sit'n'gos will go all in when they hit their 4-card flush on the flop.This being said I think that your play pre-flop was incorrect. I mean you were on the button so there were 3 more hands before you had to pay the BB again. I think that if you feel low on chips comparing to the blinds, go all-in pre-flop to steal the blinds when you are on the button. Raising 4 times the big blind here with your stack size was just giving him a cheap flop to see. So pretty much I think you had only two choices pre=flop: all-in or fold.

He called 1:1 for a 3:1 draw,hes a poop face, i think your over the top raise was pretty balls out, but obviously good,since u had the best hand, i mean, usually in his spot, he's probably thinking "screw it, if my flush doesnt hit, it wasnt meant to be" like most donks who love flushes, god i've had so many donks ask why a flush is higher than a straight since a flush is easier to hit. :roll: No SW

How can he call when even if he makes his flush, it could still be 2nd best...??
your too tight. not saying he had to call but a king high flush draw is pretty surely gonna be good in this situation if it hits.
How can he call when even if he makes his flush, it could still be 2nd best...??
your too tight. not saying he had to call but a king high flush draw is pretty surely gonna be good in this situation if it hits.
now what he should have done is checked and if you made a weak bet checkraised his flush draw all in depending on how many chips you had left i don't remember the odds and chipstacks

Yeah, I think your play is goot. My only question is about the fact that you've just stolen two blinds in a row...so he might think that with you being hyperagressive his K high is good in addition to the flush draw. In the end you got your money in with the best hand, so nice play.

now what he should have done is checked and if you made a weak bet checkraised his flush draw all in depending on how many chips you had left i don't remember the odds and chipstacks
STFU donkey.
He called 1:1 for a 3:1 draw
The other guy has also one overcard.
he's probably thinking "screw it, if my flush doesnt hit, it wasnt meant to be"
Yes sir, you're right. So many people play sit'n'go like this after they see the flop. That's why I think that pre-flop options are fold or all-in when you are short stack on the button.

Too bad you didn't have a super read on him and know he had the krablar since you were drawing dead from the get go

STFU donkey.
you know he'd have folded that 4 if facing any kind of reraise
STFU donkey.
you know he'd have folded that 4 if facing any kind of reraise
this sounds very likely. I woulda bet out to a check and folded to a reraise.

Well I don't know why I came here tonight,I got the feeling that something ain't right,I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,Clowns to the left of me,Jokers to the right, here I am,Stuck in the middle with you.

Well I don't know why I came here tonight,I got the feeling that something ain't right,I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,Clowns to the left of me,Jokers to the right, here I am,Stuck in the middle with you.
sounds like a threesome
sounds like a threesome
Sounds like a Tuesday at Royals.
Steeler's Wheel- great one hit wonder

Ron, that is one of my favorite moves. Finding someone on a blind who likes to take a pot sized stab at the pot no matter what comes down. Usually when you raise them all in they will fold, or, they will be so pot committed with their bluff they will call you with practically nothing.Once in a while they have a legit hand, but usually "legit" means a flush draw and maybe an overcard or two. In that situation, if the blind flops top pair or even middle pair, they're more likely to check-raise or check-call to trap than simply come firing out. Especially in a $10 SNG. I like your play.