2005 f.c.p. player of the year

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chucky....you are a great player (not as good as me...but..seriously...who is?...) I see that you have made threats on my A-hole....Ron Mexico and Royal will be very unhappy with this developement...Now with a serious question....will you be going to the 2006 WSOP? and do you think that if we started a FCP monthly $100+9 MTT that we would get anywhere near 24 players a month?You know...the list of guys that have scored in tourney's seems to grow.....you think that we can pull off at least a monthly $100 mtt?
no idea if we would or not get the people. but if we can get the interest and seriously get people who will actually play and do it and put aside money for wsop seats i'd be down. i really think if we could do it and do it right it would be a tremendous help to the forum as far as growth is concerned. Especially if somehow DN would get involved. For one i think alot of the younger players would love having it as something to shoot for and satellite into maybe especially if DN would get involved. Regardless i think if marketed right and with interest it would be a great thing for the forum.anyway yeah i'll be there regardless i think. think i'm moving out there in june with the lady. anyway that's it, i forget everything else i was thinking.
My vote is Spademan, for body of work. Although coolest accomplishment alone goes to me, for busting Gus Hansen in WCOOP event 6.
ya but u lose a million votes for busting my stack down to almost nothing in the 1st Neg, O when you outdrew me with a Ax off call vs my all in
Ahhh Cmon Royal...I remember that hand exactly. You raised in MP with 33. I called in the bb with A 5 off. flop of 2 3 4. I bet, you raised all in, and i called...and my hand got there. So please be realistic, I would never call an all in with A 5, although Ace rag on stars is the nuts, everyone knows that.
My vote is Spademan, for body of work. Although coolest accomplishment alone goes to me, for busting Gus Hansen in WCOOP event 6.
ya but u lose a million votes for busting my stack down to almost nothing in the 1st Neg, O when you outdrew me with a Ax off call vs my all in
Ahhh Cmon Royal...I remember that hand exactly. You raised in MP with 33. I called in the bb with A 5 off. flop of 2 3 4. I bet, you raised all in, and i called...and my hand got there. So please be realistic, I would never call an all in with A 5, although Ace rag on stars is the nuts, everyone knows that.
LOL. i dont raise with 3,3
LOL. i dont raise with 3,3
missing out on a lot of fun
finishing 10th in a wpt event is just amazing, plus he seems like an overall good guy, u never see him flame anyone, he is always courteous, even when he is criticizing...pmjackson gets my vote.
That guy Vatche is a total pile of excrement that i wish would die a horrible death.  I always feel like stabbing him in the eye with a rusty nail when he posts.
lolllll...that was pretty good.
are these just based on tourney play?imo, i dont talk to chris often, wrto, but the way he shot up in the limit game was pretty insane to hear about.newho- Jordan
it's wrto4556 and it's not close, going from propping .5/1 LHE to beating the 30/60 games in less than 1 year.
and not everyone posts when they're at a final table FYI
allin i am surprised you didnt vote for me
of course crocd99 should be mentioned, calling off all of your chips with AKo on a board of 8 9 10 is +EV. It is crocd99 ainec.
Chucksty has done a lot of good work. From what I remember going to a couple WPT events and doing well. Also does well in online tourneys.
ChuckSty one a satellite to the Doyle Brunson event and almost cashed in it.He also won a seat to a WSOP event.He's had many final tables and lots of pretty big cashes lately.And he's damn funny to boot.All that said, my vote goes to PMJackson.*Edit, nevermind. I see that all this has already been said. I should read the whole thread before I respond.So PMJackson gets the edge this year because of the Aruba final table. I agree. But watch out for Chuck next year. He'll be the guy with the elephant.
Chucksty has done a lot of good work. From what I remember going to a couple WPT events and doing well. Also does well in online tourneys.
ChuckSty one a satellite to the Doyle Brunson event and almost cashed in it.He also won a seat to a WSOP event.He's had many final tables and lots of pretty big cashes lately.And he's damn funny to boot.All that said, my vote goes to PMJackson.
thanks i think i guess
ChuckSty one a satellite to the Doyle Brunson event and almost cashed in it.He also won a seat to a WSOP event.He's had many final tables and lots of pretty big cashes lately.And he's damn funny to boot.All that said, my vote goes to PMJackson.
thanks i think i guess
It was a compliment. I think you should definitely be in the poll instead of teneight. I just think the final table for Patrick seals the deal for him. Next year is your year for POY and it won't even be close.
It was a compliment. I think you should definitely be in the poll instead of teneight. I just think the final table for Patrick seals the deal for him. Next year is your year for POY and it won't even be close.
So you're saying I'm a one hit wonder? Or that I'm past my prime?Gee thanks Renae. ;-)Patrick
thanks i think i guess
Yeah, it will be close. I'm hoping for another big year next year. But, who knows what the future holds. If I can have the type of year I hope to and Sty beats me, Patrick, Pup, Custom, etc... then my hats off.
So you're saying I'm a one hit wonder? Or that I'm past my prime?Gee thanks Renae. ;-)Patrick
Oh my gosh. I'm just digging myself in deeper and deeper aren't I? No, that's not what I meant at all. I, well, you see, um...I'm sorry. :oops: How about this - I meant you won't be able to be considered next year cause you'll go on that list with Harry Demitriou as out of the scope of this award. Yeah, that's what I meant.
thanks i think i guess
Yeah, it will be close. I'm hoping for another big year next year. But, who knows what the future holds. If I can have the type of year I hope to and Sty beats me, Patrick, Pup, Custom, etc... then my hats off.
Wow, you guys just won't let me save face with Chuck and move on will you? :club:
Oh my gosh. I'm just digging myself in deeper and deeper aren't I? No, that's not what I meant at all. I, well, you see, um...I'm sorry. :oops: How about this - I meant you won't be able to be considered next year cause you'll go on that list with Harry Demitriou as out of the scope of this award. Yeah, that's what I meant.
Oh, so what, I'm going to become British now? I'm just teasing you...I'm honored I recieved your vote to begin with. :-)Patrick

Chuck's post concerning how often he chooses not to make a "look at me, i'm at a final table" post is right on. i'm sure many of us are the same way. i really only post when i make a final table if it's a tiny buy-in because i'm generally just killing time at work and i don't much care where i finish. i don't think my play is affected when i'm getting rail birded by 20 fcpers, but it might have an effect. everyone is always like, "you gotta steal more blinds, dude." lol.as for the monthly $100+9, i'm all about it. we can call it the fcp mtt all-stars monthly.p.s. 2005 poy is still chris and it's not close.

p.s. 2005 poy is still chris and it's not close.You stil dont get it do you. No one is saying chris (Wrto) isnt a great player, we all know he managed to climb a huge mountain in 1 year.But you cant judge someones "player of the year" capabilities from these cash game stats.How do you measure that sort of thing? what about others who go from 1/2 to 20/40? There are a lot more of these types of players than you think.JustBlaze comes to mind. If these types of things ran on cash games, then cardplayer POY would go to 1 of the pro's from the big money cash games every year.how is that even an award?if anything, POY and "MOST IMPROVED" are completely different, and Most Improved is exactly what WRTO iis.

Oh, so what, I'm going to become British now? I'm just teasing you...I'm honored I recieved your vote to begin with. :-)Patrick
heh, you becoming british? don't make horrible threats like that
heh, you becoming british? don't make horrible threats like that
Yeah, I thought about it, but then I decided I liked being able to see the sun, and I'd have to undo any dental work I've had done...;-)Patrick