poker tracker stats

My poker tracker stats. I'd like any help on what I could improve on. I feel that my Vol. from the small blind is high, I'd like to know what a good % would be. I auto-rated and am a semi-loose aggressive/aggressive.I've played about 5K hands so I know that this is a little light for an accurate readVol. put $ into pot: 20.07 %Vol. put $ in pot from SB: 45.17%Saw a flop all hands: 26.88%(yea this is high. I've been able to get this down lately about 3%)Saw a flop not a blind: 16.91%Att. to steal blinds: 25.16%Steal success: Noflop/47.50% Fold/12.5% WwoSD/75% Wsd/12.5% W$SD/40.00%Won $ when saw a flop: 29.70%went to a SD: 28.65%Won $ at SD: 48.82%(this I know needs to be higher, like at least 10% higher)Raised Pre Flop: 7.52%and my total aggression factor is 1.65I'm winning 1.76 BB/100 hands. I just got out of a big downswing so in 10K hands that'll probably be higher. Should I have too many concerns as I know this is only a small sample and that 30K hands gives a better picture

With a Total Aggression factor of only 1.65 that would make you Slightly Loose, Aggressive, Passive. If you used the default rules....Tight = VP$P < 20Slighlty Loose = VP$P >= 20 & <= 30.00Aggressive Preflop = Raise Preflop >= 7and After Flop Aggression =Passive <= 2.0blank > 2.0 and <=3.0Aggressive > 3.0I know because my total aggression factor hover's around 2.0 and I bounce back and forth from Tight/Aggressive to Tight/Aggressive/Passive.

Alot of people don't count the pre-flop aggression factor because it is held in your PFR%...As for your stats, your VP$IP is OK...it could go down a bit. Mine is somehwere around 18 or 19. PFR% looks good, VP$IP from small blind seems high. I think the norm is 25%-35%. I can't remember on that exactly.Stop cold calling raises (do you do that?). And don't play A6o, J8o, and other things like that from the small blind.

It is very important to understand that stats are sometimes cause and often effect.. effect of the cards that are dealt, effect of your table selection, and effect of your reads and opponents actions. Stats can help identify major leaks, but more often than not, if you are near the "expected" range, you will find more value in posting hands rather than wading through your stats with a fine toothed comb.Playing many hands is very important before you begin to analyze any of the following stats. Some stats begin to converge fairly quickly (VPIP may be somewhat representative after 1000 hands) while other stats take a very long time to be meaningful (50K - 100K minimum to begin to look at your winrate). Often your style has changed by the time a stat converges to a meaningful number. If you feel as though you must post a stat post, it is strongly recommended that you have at least a 10K hand sample size. Until you reach 10K hands, your stats will often vary too much to put much weight on them. Use the following guide to track your progress and stat fluctuations relative to the typical ranges of these stats. The following ranges are provided for 10 player ring games at the micro level, but will remain fairly consistent as you move up.VPIP: voluntarily put $ in pot (%). There is no sweet spot for this number, but the typical range is between 15 and 20. A few posters manage with sub-15 VPIP's and a few posters manage with VPIP's in the low 20's. As you move up, this number will often drop a point or two. Your VPIP will not be uniform across all positions. You should generally be tighter in EP than in LP.PFR: preflop raise (%). The typical range is 7-10. A few posters exceed 10, but many posters begin their first 10K hands at or below 7. Some suggest that PFR should be half your VPIP, but that's an effectual coincidence and should not be your goal. If you only have a VPIP of 13 or 14, you will still often have the same PFR of 8-9 as someone with a higher VPIP. Your PFR will often be higher in LP than in EP.VPIP from SB: typical range 25-35. This stat varies greatly by your table selection. If you typically play at passive games, you can expect this to be on the higher end. If you are in aggressive games, it will be lower. If its much lower than 25, you are missing out on a few profitable situations for the partial price. If its much higher than 35, you are probably playing too often and underestimating the difficulties of playing out of position postflop. Consult a starting hand chart for more information.Saw flop all hands: This is an effect stat of your VPIP's and your table selection. It is often about 5% higher than your VPIP. Steal defense: At the micro limits, this situation occurs very rarely and you will generally not have a significant sample size even after playing 20K hands. It is much better to focus on specific hands for defending situations as its often highly opponent dependent.Attempt to steal: This situation occurs a bit more frequently than steal defense, but still it will not be too common until you hit the higher end of the micro limits. This number will often be in the mid-upper 30's, but will vary depending on your table selection and overall aggressiveness.WSD: went to showdown. This number typical falls into the 28-32 range, but varies by your style. It is helpful in identifying potentially major leaks and too high a number often represents overly loose play on the big streets. Too low a number often represents a "fit or fold" mentality where you give up on too many profitable situations by ignoring the pot size.WSF: won $ when saw flop. By coincidence, this number also falls into the 28-32 range. It is mostly an effect stat. If it is very high (35+) you may be running well. A number below 28 may indicate a problem with protecting your vulnerable hands or folding too many winners. Like many stats, a specific number does not indicate a specific problem, only that there may be one and you should be posting hands where you had difficult postflop decisions.W$SD: won $ at showdown. Varies between 50-58. Below 50 often indicates that you are seeing too many showdowns while a number which is too high may indicate that you are folding too many winners. In limit Holdem, a pot is often quite large on the end, thus you often need to be quite sure that you don't have the best hand to make folding on the end correct.FRB: folded to river bet. Varies between 40-55. This stat is pointless to analyze by itself. In combination with WSD or W$SD, it may indicate a problem of folding too much on the end (or not enough). As long as its not incredibly low or high, there are better ways to spend your time.AF: aggression factor. This is an arbitrary number representing the relative frequency of which you are the aggressor on each street. The numbers vary greatly by your style and posting specific hands is generally better to determine if your aggressiveness is appropriate. VPIP/PFR account for your preflop aggression, so generally ignore AF - PF. Your postflop aggression will typically be around 2 - 3 on each postflop street. The flop is often higher than the turn and river, often exceeding 3.0. A micro posters overall AF (not including PF) will typically be in the 2.0 - 3.0 range. Some posters report success with overall AF's over 3, but nearly none have AF's under 2. This is not a stat worth overanalyzing unless it is woefully low or maniacally high.when folds (%): This is not a stat worth overanalyzing as its speaks nothing of the appropriateness of your actions. Typical numbers may look something like this, but the range of "appropriate" numbers could be quite wide. (no fold: 12 _ PF: 75 _ flop: 8 _ turn: 3 _ river: 2).check-raises: This is often in the 1% to 2% range of all possible actions. It is not worth analyzing this stat to decide if you are "check raising enough". Post hands to do that.Win-rate: The number everyone is concerned about and the number we can do nothing about. Be happy with anything above 0 BB / 100 hands. The measure used is big bets per 100 hands. This accounts for multi-tabling and limit differences whereas $/hr gives you no real indication of success. Don't fret with something below 0 BB/100 if you have a small sample size. Variance and downswings happen and they can be quite large (200+ BB losses) and extend over a long period of time (10K+ hands). Your winrate will decrease as you move up in limits. Since its asked all the time, a 3 BB/100 winrate at .50/1.00 (online) is often regarded as great. 6 BB/100 is probably unsustainable. Once you reach 2/4 (online), 2 BB/100 is great for the long term and 4 BB/100 may be unsustainable. Also, you will be a loser from the blinds. The blind commitment is too great to overcome by solid play.Standard Deviation / 100: This varies by your style, but 14-18 seems to be the typical range.Summary: Remember, these stats speak nothing of the appropriateness of your actions, but primarily indicate the frequency of your actions (VPIP, PFR, etc). Generally lead towards a happy range for most of these numbers, but having good stats and good results are very different things. Stats are useful in identifying the existence of major leaks, but often leave you in a guessing game in determining where those leaks may reside. You will have to post hands or read materials to fix your leaks.

Stop cold calling raises (do you do that?). And don't play A6o, J8o, and other things like that from the small blind.
I think that the cold calling might be a slight problem. That was something I hadn't thought of. I don't really play Arag hands that much but I think that theunsuited connectors are a prob from the sb.
With a Total Aggression factor of only 1.65 that would make you Slightly Loose, Aggressive, Passive.
Preflop actions are included in this. It says an aggressive # is 1.5.thanks for all the advice

My buddies have been tracking my stats on Party Poker and i cant figure out where they get them. it is not pokeredge.com.they seem to know how many single table touneys i play and what my win % is.any ideas where they are getting this free info?

My buddies have been tracking my stats on Party Poker and i cant figure out where they get them. it is not pokeredge.com.they seem to know how many single table touneys i play and what my win % is.any ideas where they are getting this free info?
there is a guy who datamines tournaments and has a searchable feature on his site. can't remember what it is at the moment though. maybe someone else knows off hand.
Great post, wrto.  Did you just come up with all of that?
I second that, that was amazing in explaining all the typical stats wrto.On vip$ip...I do think though that there is more of a range in vp$ip than you listed though. A ton depends on how loose your table is. So many more things become playable in a loose table that isn't crazyaggressive. Also structure matters a bit, such as 3/6 blind structure of 1/3 blinds (which should make it a very tight game, though doesn't usually on party, hah), and in 15/30 the 2/3 (ratio) of blinds, 10/15. That makes it a much looser game, and more blind money to steal. SB has much more incentive to play. You should be completing just about everything unless BB raises a lot. And even be defending a bit more vs a raise. In my entire career I've never been lower than like 23-24 vp$ip, and I'm even higher in the structure of 15/30. Though I have gone on a tightening up phase. But for my first 15-16k hands I was beating 15/30 with 27.xx vp$ip and 7.5 pfr% by approx 2 BB/100. Also I think it's possible to play more hands not less the more you gain experience. Though I am reversing that trend atm. :)Now to pose my question again. Where do you find overall postflop aggression, or what you listed as AF? I mean in pokertracker. I'm not sure where this is shown.
Now to pose my question again. Where do you find overall postflop aggression, or what you listed as AF? I mean in pokertracker. I'm not sure where this is shown
when you click on your stats in the names list then go to more details. In the top of the screen on the more details section you can then check a box that factors in your preflop stats into your AF or you can leave the box clear

As a footnote, all of the above is a good discussion for limit.If your using PT for no limit a lot of your figures change.VPIP moves up due to the implied odds, sub 25% is still tightW$SD should go up too, as you get fewer opportunities to call down a small bet relative to the size of the pot.Check raising should drop off as it's generally a poor play in NLBB/100: The focus of all the hard work and stats... For (lower) limit 2+ is excellent, 1-2 indicates good play with a few leaks/adjustments that need to be found, less than 1 and there are definately improvements that you can make to your game.For No Limit, again at the lower stakes a very strong player is aiming to approach 10 BB/100

• 4 years later...

ok i read this post and was suprised the win % is only 50-58%how do you make any money at this game? ive played over 114,000 hands and am down $296i play .10/.25 and .25/.50 no limithere are mys PK statsVPIP 14.70 VPSB 20.2 W$WSF 40.27 WTSD 28.39 W$SD 51.63 PFRaise 3.31SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i read this post and was suprised the win % is only 50-58%how do you make any money at this game? ive played over 114,000 hands and am down $296i play .10/.25 and .25/.50 no limithere are mys PK statsVPIP 14.70 VPSB 20.2 W$WSF 40.27 WTSD 28.39 W$SD 51.63 PFRaise 3.31SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're using Pokertracker, so I'll be nice.The posts you responded to are 4 years old. Though invaluable at the time, they are less relevant now. More importantly, they are for Limit, so do not offer much for you. I suggest reposting this in the No Limit Strategy forum. Ask them to be gentle, and they will.As for your post...you aren't raising pre-flop enough. You need to be able to build pots and thin the field with a wider range of hands to move onto the profitable side of the ledger.