1st quarter mvp

Nominee's for 1st Q MVP:SpezzaAlfredssonHeatleyHasekForsbergJagrDemitraStaalI would have to pick Jagr at this point. He is having an amazing season and I don't know of anyone who thoght athe start that the Rangers had a chance to be this good.2nd: Forsberg3rd: SpezzaAny thoughts?

I cant believe Gagne and McCabe arent on the list..... as much as I dont like McCabe's style, he is in the top ten in the league in scoring, and the next closest d-man is SEVENTEEN places below him...

Spezza ahead of alfy and heatley...how do you even figure?
His list isn't in any sort of order. He picks Jagr as the 1st quarter MVP, but had him listed 6th.Nobody on Ottawa can be an MVP right now. They could lose any one of those players (including Hasek) and not miss a step.I think Staal or Jagr would be the MVP so far.

I would have to pick Jagr at this point. He is having an amazing season and I don't know of anyone who thoght athe start that the Rangers had a chance to be this good.2nd: Forsberg3rd: SpezzaAny thoughts?Yeah he does list his picks, i agree that it'd be hard to rank any sen as an mvp candidate because they'll share votes a la Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz in baseball. If i had to i'd rank the ottawa guys Alfy, Heatley, Spezza in that order tho. Spezza has a couple highlight reel goals and assists but in the all around game his wingers are still a step ahead of him...for now.

1. Jaromir Jagr: The Rangers were expected to be horrible again this season but Jagr is back in form and playing awesome.2. Bryan McAbe: Where exactly would the Leafs be without him? No kidding.3. Petr Forsberg: He single handedly made Simon Gagne a superstar. Without Forsberg there, Gagne wouldn't have half the goals he does.

Jagr, Regehr, Cujo are my top 3. Points do not = MVP all the time. Regehr and Cujo have both been a huge part of their respective turnarounds thus far. Personally, my MVP is Gionta, since without him my boys would be doing even worse. League wide it still has to go to Jagr though, he's too damn good.

Forgive me for not listing McCabe. The only reason I did not list them, is that I have heard from several sources that Mcabe's D has not been very stellar this year. I am far from an expert when it comes to the Maple Leafs, I have only seen 1 of their games, so I let other posts influence my decision there.See Daniel's post as to why I did not list Gagne.

Jagr without question. He is absolutely carrying a pretty crappy team. The new NHL has done nothing but flatter his capabilities. He's like a Bertuzzi with actual skill. He's been arguably the most consistent and best player in the NHL for about 15 years.

Nobody even mentioning Ovechkin? At the 1/4 mark he had somethin like 40% of his teams goals.
An MVP generally won't play for a team with a losing record (Washington 8-14)Ovechkin has 15 of Washington's 66 goals (22.7 %)Jagr has 21 of NY Rangers 86 goals (24.4 %)
Nobody even mentioning Ovechkin? At the 1/4 mark he had somethin like 40% of his teams goals.
An MVP generally won't play for a team with a losing record (Washington 8-14)Ovechkin has 15 of Washington's 66 goals (22.7 %)Jagr has 21 of NY Rangers 86 goals (24.4 %)
Technically MVP is Most Valuable Player.. not the best player on the best team... Ovechkin is much more valuable to the Caps than Spezza is to the Sens.. imagine the Caps with no Ovechkin vs the Sens with no Spezza

So if the Caps did not have Ovechkin, they would be 5-17 instead of 8-14?Does that make him MVP?He is having a great year , Yes but he won't even win rookie of the year with all the Crosby hype.

Anyone else completely surprised to find out Jagr is the same size as Bertuzzi?
Not really to be honest...Just watch Jagr play, it is almost impossible to knock him off the puck and that is where his true skill lies. Yes, he is a great skater with great hands, but when he picks up the puck and comes out of the corner it is so hard to anyone to knock him off the puck because of how he uses his body. It allows him to get a ton of shots on net or set other people up while 1 or 2 guys are trying to get the puck from him.
Jagr has maybe the strongest legs in the NHL. Perhaps he bought them off Marcel Dionne.
In 03-04 they showed Martin Gelinas' legs on HNIC... damn near bigger than Kobasews chest

My first choice for MVP would have to be Peter Forsberg.....I hate the Flyers and don't think their TEAM is that strong, but their first line is sick and thats all because of Forsberg.My 2nd pick for MVP is Erik Stall....Carolina isn't as good as their record shows and won't keep up their current pace, but Stall might and he has to get most of the credit for the Canes surprising start.My final pick for first 1/4 MVP is Curtis Joseph. Most people had the Coyotes as one of the bottom teams in the entire league, but CUJO looks like the Cujo of old when he was on the Leafs, and at this point would have to be included on the Canadian olympic team.Its way to early to pick the winner as their are a ton of players who could win the award right now, not to mention the greatest player of all, Marc Savard, who's currently 6th in league scoring.