official fcp forum tournament rules

FYI - I will be absent from about now until Sunday afternoon. Please direct any urgent questions to Smokewagons or SFKid.Also, I wanted to address these two...- The deadline for the money is before the first match starts. So, the deadline is (roughly) January 6, 2006.- Bluff, how would you like it to have been done? Names out of a hat? We choose the participants? I'm sorry you couldn't get in for this one, but hopefully there will be more. I actually think this was a pretty good way to do it, as registration was open for a good 15 hours.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, if you don't read the general forum everyday you can't participate in this. Whoever signs up the quickest, what a dumb way to do it.
Didn't you say this in the other thread as well?
I'm glad you can read.
I'm glad you can double-click as well :roll:
- Bluff, how would you like it to have been done? Names out of a hat? We choose the participants? I'm sorry you couldn't get in for this one, but hopefully there will be more. I actually think this was a pretty good way to do it, as registration was open for a good 15 hours.
it's a dumb ****ing way to do anything, hey jenna jameson is having a gang bang, whoever signs up the quickest on the list gets to bang her.
cool, if you don't read the general forum everyday you can't participate in this. Whoever signs up the quickest, what a dumb way to do it.
Didn't you say this in the other thread as well?
I'm glad you can read.
I'm glad you can double-click as well :roll:
are you retarded, stupid, or just fucking slow? I felt it needed to be said in however many threads there are about this. Go play in the street.
- Bluff, how would you like it to have been done? Names out of a hat? We choose the participants? I'm sorry you couldn't get in for this one, but hopefully there will be more. I actually think this was a pretty good way to do it, as registration was open for a good 15 hours.
it's a dumb censored way to do anything, hey jenna jameson is having a gang bang, whoever signs up the quickest on the list gets to bang her.
So, you have a problem with it but you have no solution for it? Awesome.Seriously, this is the first time this has ever been done. There will be improvements when there's a version 2. Just make the suggestions.(I plan on making a suggestion thread at the end of this to make it better next time.)
it's a dumb censored way to do anything, hey jenna jameson is having a gang bang, whoever signs up the quickest on the list gets to bang her.
It's very cruel to tease us like that.Patrick
So, you have a problem with it but you have no solution for it? Awesome.Seriously, this is the first time this has ever been done. There will be improvements when there's a version 2. Just make the suggestions.(I plan on making a suggestion thread at the end of this to make it better next time.)
I could think of a solution that would work, but why would I do it for something I'm not participating in.
If it's a Jenna gang bang I don't have the proper equipment so I would have to bow out. Sunshine, if it's that big of a deal to you, you can have my spot. You're definitely a better player than I am anyway so some team would benefit more by you being there.

FWIW - my opinion of how this should be doneis as follows.Pick the 9 captains.Have everyone interested put their names and whatever info they want in a thread.(ie. limit they play, etc)Have the 9 captains pick from that thread their team.If you weren't picked by the captain, tough luck.

Sunshine, if it's that big of a deal to you, you can have my spot. You're definitely a better player than I am anyway so some team would benefit more by you being there.
I'm not taking anyone's spot that made the cut for reading the general forum at the right time. I'm voicing my opinion on how dumb of a process they used to sign people up.
I could think of a solution that would work, but why would I do it for something I'm not participating in.
For the same reason you're copmlaining about something you're not participating in? C'mon man, don't ruin something that's fun.
Can an I play in this? How can I join?
Get on the list of alternates and/or wait for installment 2 of this tournament. The reason it's capped at 81 is because, if we make it 150 people, it would go on forever and people could lose interest. The Neg-O still goes on and you can play the forum in that. This is just something different.
FWIW - my opinion of how this should be doneis as follows.Pick the 9 captains.Have everyone interested put their names and whatever info they want in a thread.(ie. limit they play, etc)Have the 9 captains pick from that thread their team.If you weren't picked by the captain, tough luck.
I agree!!Pick 9 captains out of the 81 entered, and then have all the names in 1 thread of who can , and will play. and then the captains can pick.If your name doesnt get picked, tuff luck, except for the fact that you are an automatic player in the next version
Then people would complain about how the captains were chosen and that it was all a popularity contest of people picking their friends. Having an open sign up was the most fair in my opinion
For the same reason you're copmlaining about something you're not participating in? C'mon man, don't ruin something that's fun.
Fun? It's going to be a blast for all of the people that don't read the worthless general forum everyday when they get to play. . . Oh wait they can't because you had to read the specific thread about it at a certain time of day. If you weren't one of the organizers in this and you didn't read about it you would be doing the same thing. Get off the mod trip and come back to earth.[/b]
FWIW - my opinion of how this should be doneis as follows.Pick the 9 captains.Have everyone interested put their names and  whatever info they want in a thread.(ie. limit they play, etc)Have the 9 captains pick from that thread their team.If you weren't  picked by the captain, tough luck.
Then people would complain about how the captains were chosen and that it was all a popularity contest of people picking their friends. Having an open sign up was the most fair in my opinion
Maybe the people we know are the best players. If not, then they are as far as the information we have is concerned.
Okay, seriously, I'm gone now for the week. Remember, direct any questions/concerns towards SFKid and Smokewagons.I'll be back on Sunday.
Hey Custom, IMO, it's a really bad idea to make the deadline for payment be one day before the day it starts. This is going to cause all sorts of problems even if just one or two people don't pay. I think a good idea would be to make the payments before the draft, and then you will know there will not be as many dropouts, if any, at the last minute. This way you can have a final list of all people who have paid, along w/ their screennames on stars in () next to their name. That list can be stickied, and it will be easy to follow who is who. Just some friendly input that I think will really help avoid confusion and hassle. And FYI, my Stars s/n is "NutzInMyHand"

Here's a thought:Since everyone is supposed to play 3 SNGs, we could have 3 different formats.Maybe NL hold'em, limit holdem, and stud (or some other non-hold'em game).If this issue has already been settled, maybe we can consider it for next time.

Here's a thought:Since everyone is supposed to play 3 SNGs, we could have 3 different formats.Maybe NL hold'em, limit holdem, and stud (or some other non-hold'em game).If this issue has already been settled, maybe we can consider it for next time.
This will be a good thing to consider for next time. This time it's going to be all NLHE. I'm with you though. I like the variety