was that dn?.....

I just got finished watching Annie Duke's DVD and an interesting hand example came up. She was explaining positive and negative implied odds and used an example where a player with two unknown cards raises, and another player who "has had a lot of success playing suited connector cards" calls with 7 :club: 10 :D . She went on to say that this player played the hand wrong when he picked up a flush and straight draw on the turn because he didnt realize there were negative implied odds. The reason being that the first player might have made a full house on the turn so even if any of the draws hit it might cost the 7-10 a lot of money.Now considering that this hand is called the DN and the her description of the player does fit DN and considering their history, was it DN?Now that description could fit a bunch of players, and it's not only DN that would play that hand even though it's named after him. So I'm by no means claiming it is about Daniel. But if Daniel remembers that hand (the other player had Q J and the flush was made by the river, see the dvd for more details) I would like to know and hear his opinion on why that was or wasn't a good play.

I'm sure it was probably him, and she really gets on my nerves.Overcompensating for sucking with using big words like negative implied odds, like she even knows what that means! Ugh!

The hand kind of rings a bell to me. I believe it was the Plaza tournament that Daniel won and the hand was against Thomas Keller. The hand kind of stuck out, because Daniel hit his flush and then checked it to Keller who bet and Daniel said "I was hoping you'd do tht' and then just called...worried about the full house orhigher flush, and more than likely assuming that any check raise here would probably not get celled by just a set which Keller had.Can't remember many more details from taht. I checked the card player archive and the hands he wrote about were one against Annie, Paul Phillips and of course the Freddy Deeb hand....but I am pretty sure this is the hand she was referring to.

I'm sure it was probably him, and she really gets on my nerves.Overcompensating for sucking with using big words like negative implied odds, like she even knows what that means!  Ugh!
Brother! I don't care if you don't like her looks, her personality, her self-promotion, her whining, whatever but Annie isn't stupid, quite the opposite. I'm confident that she knows the meaning of negative implied odds better than you do.
I'm sure it was probably him, and she really gets on my nerves.Overcompensating for sucking with using big words like negative implied odds, like she even knows what that means!  Ugh!
Brother! I don't care if you don't like her looks, her personality, her self-promotion, her whining, whatever but Annie isn't stupid, quite the opposite. I'm confident that she knows the meaning of negative implied odds better than you do.
listen Joe, i would stack annie duke in a matter of seconds, CHYEA!!!do i look like im playin around?
listen Joe, i would stack annie duke in a matter of seconds, CHYEA!!!do i look like im playin around?
What he said.
What he said.
:roll:
Is that what you call it "stacked"? I would use a different word, and well, not to Annie either!Have fun "stacking" Annie for a second.
Is that what you call it "stacked"? I would use a different word, and well, not to Annie either!Have fun "stacking" Annie for a second.
dont play dumb. i would beat her in any poker game. case closed!

Yes, it has to be the Plaza hand and Lederer even commented on air about the problem playing those hands when there is a pair on board. Normally I agree with DN's moves but this time I actually do believe that play was -EV. On that show seemed like DN and Thunder had some tension then Flack jumps on and sticks a couple needles to Keller. Fun to watch.

Annie has her phases, at first the 2003 WSOP she is looking down and dirty, the kids are getting to her and so is the game. Or in the 1st ladies night event, also a bad hair day for annie. But her recent footage like "learn from pros" she has really stepped her game up and i dont mean the poker. im sure she had a little bit of help, but hell after giving birth to maude and the rest of the gang, anyone would need a little Plastic surgery. Go Annie i applaud you.

I just got finished watching Annie Duke's DVD and an interesting hand example came up.  She was explaining positive and negative implied odds and used an example where a player with two unknown cards raises, and another player who "has had a lot of  success playing suited connector cards" calls with 7 :club:  10  :D  . She went on to say that this player played the hand wrong when he picked up a flush and straight draw on the turn because he didnt realize there were negative implied odds. The reason being that the first player might have made a full house on the turn so even if any of the draws hit it might cost the 7-10 a lot of money.Now considering that this hand is called the DN and the her description of the player does fit DN and considering their history, was it DN?Now that description could fit a bunch of players, and it's not only DN that would play that hand even though it's named after him. So I'm by no means claiming it is about Daniel. But if Daniel remembers that hand (the other player had Q J and the flush was made by the river, see the dvd for more details) I would like to know and hear his opinion on why that was or wasn't a good play.
Stupid Newbie and your Annie Duke DVDs...