I need tons of practice.Villan is new.Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is Button with K:heart:, A:diamond:. 1 fold, MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls.Flop: (9 SB) J:spade:, 7:heart:, 9:spade: (2 players)SB bets, Hero calls.Turn: (7.50 BB) 6:diamond: (2 players)SB bets, Hero calls.River: (9.50 BB) 6:heart: (2 players)SB bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 11.50 BBis it acceptable to call down with AK against unknown in 6 Max?Every street please. i know I suck

If you call the turn, calling the river is a given.I don't think it's disastrous calling down. There're plenty of people who spazz out and start capping blindly at .50/1 6 max.Im often shocked when i call down with a pair at those tables, only to find what kind of stupid shit has been reletnlessly raising every action with. I dont play them often enough to field an estimate of how likely it is that this is one such situation.

Is it acceptable to call down with AK against unknown in 6 Max?Every street please.  i know I suck
Christ Actuary... I leave FCP for a couple of months and come back to see you sayin the same crap you were sayin when I left. LOL :wink: It's one thing to realize that you've got plenty to learn, as I think most of us do have a lot to learn, but you gotta stay positive dude.PF is fine, and I think flop is good too. Here are my thoughts, although I realize I haven't played in a while and am pretty rusty.Folding the turn would be my play. Although you could be up against A-Q or splitting it with A-K and maybe you are up against a looney toon... I think often times by the turn, you have 6 outs against a pair, which would give you decent odds to call... but you gotta discount them because sometimes your spade outs are not clean, and on some occasions you are against a set or K's or Aces. I think your implied odds are kinda on the low side when you hit, so your discounted odds would make it an unprofitable call.The fact that you may be up against a loon might push things toward calling for information. But, another thing to think about is the fact that by calling the turn, you are putting yourself in a position where you will very likely be calling on the river whether or not you hit, since you would be getting 10 to 1. So you are committing yourself to that extra bet when you miss. I fold the turn and get my information on another hand.

Hey BeanGW:I saw your business ethics post, welcome back.My self-assessment goes up and down; but as far as SH/HU play, I am pretty inexperienced.You may notice that I'm now playing 6 Max. I played $1/2 for a while, working up the BankRoll and now it's time to get SH experience.thank you for the input.

cap PF.
yes, s/h, cap this PF. take charge or get info.but the way you played it, i think you have to fold the turn. i don't think you have enough info (and all of this not-complete info says you're beat) to invest two bets, since, as someone said earlier, calling the turn commits you to a river call as well.if you cap PF, you can raise that flop without getting 3-bet (probably), and then get more bets in if you hit or bet the turn for a free showdown.that said, i don't think you made any HUGE mistakes here. getting 3-bet on the flop gives you relatively reliable info, and deciding to call down isn't that bad, but i probably wouldn't do it.

Anyone else dislike the flop raise? This board will hit a lot of our opponents 3-betting hands pretty hard.I fold this turn too. Your outs are pretty dirty.What are you hoping for? ATs, AsQs? That's all you will beat UI.

What are you hoping for?
it's a masochistic post.When you hit a Set of K's on the river to beat AA and several BDFD/Gut Shots to have another 40+ BB day, you give back to the people sometimes!I thought my odds were good enough to call the turn, maybe I'm not discounting very well. HU, I put very little chance of a spade draw.A split came to mind.He had TT. He was aggressive. But not too loose or stupid. He was to my left, I left the table before too long.EDIT: I disagree this hits a lot of 3-betting hands hard though. Well, at least, I don't see it.
EDIT: I disagree this hits a lot of 3-betting hands hard though. Well, at least, I don't see it.
Well maybe not hard. Just harder than you hit it. :-) Not only that, but I find people never by into the flop position raise SH. It's very predicatable and very exploitable. Luckily there's an easy way around this - raise the flop with a made hand.