set on monotone flop (1/2 lhe)

About 20 hands on table, no solid reads on any players involved, but the table has been pretty loose/passive.Hero is MP2 with 2:club: 2:spade:UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, sb calls, bb checks.Flop (7 SB): 2:heart: 6:heart: J:heart:sb-UTG+1 all check, Hero bets, CO folds, Button calls, sb calls, bb calls, 2 folds.Turn (5.5 BB): Q:spade:sb checks, bb checks, Hero bets, Button raises, sb folds, bb folds, Hero calls.River (9.5 BB): 6:diamond:Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets...Anyone play any street differently?

Does anyone think they would 3-bet the turn? It's very possible they don't have a flush or 2 queens.

Three bet the turn... Sets are bit money makers, so I try to get as much money in the pot as possible. The only turn card that's going to slow me down is another :club:.
Just because sets can make a lot of money doesn't mean you should spew on coordinated boards. More often than not, this turn raise is a slowplayed flush or a higher set waiting for a non heart turn.
Say we 3-bet this turn and it gets capped. When we boat up on the river are we better off betting in hopes of getting raised so we can 3-bet it. Or checkraising vs a passive opponent who most likely has a flush.
Bet out, definately. Assuming he has a flush, going for the c/r is either going to win you 0 or 2 bets. Betting out will win you 1 or 3.
Say we 3-bet this turn and it gets capped. When we boat up on the river are we better off betting in hopes of getting raised so we can 3-bet it. Or checkraising vs a passive opponent who most likely has a flush.
Bet out, definately. Assuming he has a flush, going for the c/r is either going to win you 0 or 2 bets. Betting out will win you 1 or 3.
true, but you have to put probabilities to those values; or it's meaningless.I'm not suggesting either is better (I tend to bet out, 'cause I"m straight forward like that)
Three bet the turn...
Just because sets can make a lot of money doesn't mean you should spew on coordinated boards. More often than not, this turn raise is a slowplayed flush or a higher set waiting for a non heart turn.
More often than not? How can you be so sure at this limit against an unknown? Do you call down if the boat doesn't come?Couldn't the button be raising in position with a lot more hands that aren't sets or flushes here or could just be raising in position to try and get a free card on the river so they can get a free showdown if a 4th heart doesn't come? The only set we could be worrying about is 66. There are 10 outs if they already have the flush. I want big pots when I get a set. They are rare and hard for other players to see.

Haven't read replies.I don't play it any differently. I'm trying to think of what you're losing to on the river that you shouldn't be 3-betting, and from the betting I can't see anything.Is it possible a made flush at low limits waited for the safe turn to raise? Furthermore, is it possible that we have enough equity going to the river to 3-bet the turn? These are the questions I have... I'm going to read replies now.

Having read replies... I don't think QQ is very likely. QhQx definitely raises the flop, and QQ with no hearts is a donktard if he plays that way on the flop.I think a set or a flush waiting to raise the turn is more likely... and I still think that's the correct way to play this hand.

Three bet the turn...
More often than not? How can you be so sure at this limit against an unknown? Do you call down if the boat doesn't come?Couldn't the button be raising in position with a lot more hands that aren't sets or flushes here or could just be raising in position to try and get a free card on the river so they can get a free showdown if a 4th heart doesn't come? The only set we could be worrying about is 66. There are 10 outs if they already have the flush. I want big pots when I get a set. They are rare and hard for other players to see.
Well, I had assumed he was semi-loose/passive like the rest of the table, but if I'm wrong and he's aggressive enough to raise the turn with a marginal holding hoping for free showdown, wouldn't he have been aggressive enough to raise the flop with the same hand? The only possibility was he was slowplaying a set/flush or the Q helped him. I don't see him having QQ for obvious reasons.I think we could probably limit him to a made flush, a set, or a turned 2-pair. Possibly AhQx, but I'd think he would raise either preflop or on the flop with that. Or a complete bluff, which I rarely account for. What else do you think he would play this way?