make the right play, i yelled at by folder

1-2 NL on fulltilti am on a 350 stack and riase up AdKd to 8 in early positionbutton callsbig blind pushes all in for 40I re- riase all in to isolateThe short stack had KQ and i takr down the potButton had 88 and folded, although would have flopped a set, with an Ace on the flop. And begain a to me what a crappy player i was, and how terrible my play was.Although i didnt want to play my AK out of positoin, and didnt put the button on a premium pair that would call my allin. Did i make the right play?

can you call an all-in with middle position, knowing that you're drawing against three overcards??

Yes, except if you're him it is usually easy to spot the all in over the top as ace king.
lol, gonna lose alotta money with that call. I see isolation raises like that all the time with big pairs.
can you call an all-in with middle position, knowing that you're drawing against three overcards??
I don't think there is any way you can make a call for a significant amount of money in that situation with 88. You're either a slight favorite in a coin flip or a 4:1 dog. Easy fold for the 88, he shouldn't be complaining.
I don't think there is any way you can make a call for a significant amount of money in that situation with 88. You're either a slight favorite in a coin flip or a 4:1 dog. Easy fold for the 88, he shouldn't be complaining.
he is a slight favourite for most of the money, but will be a dog on his $32 since he has to assume that between the two other players, there are at least 3 overcards out there.thats a damn marginal call, and by that i mean a pretty easy fold with 88. he berated you because he was annoyed. he knows as well as you do that it was the fold and a good play by you.

Wow, good discussion on this one.Seems to be the right play to me. You definitely want this heads-up, and Mr. 88 is just whining because he'd have loved the pot odds to call the small stack all-in with you just calling.If you two traded positions, would you have folded AKs to his limp/re-raise? I'd think you'd have to fold to two raises without a read that both players are nutballs. So that's an example of how position helped you.

Yes, except if you're him it is usually easy to spot the all in over the top as ace king.
I am glad there are more monkeys that play poker than just you and think the same way as you do, "He raised, I put him on AK" hahaha, turn pro/make millions.