2006 world series of poker schedule

Guest Anonymous
I hope that some other group puts together a prestigious SHOE and HORSE tourney while the WSOP is going on. I would cover that in an instant.
and the masses will follow your lead.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone how long Harrah's controls the WSOP? Will Binion's ever get it back?
Harrah's owns Binions, therefore they are the same. I'd guess they moved it 'cause there's not enough space at Binion's, plus they wanted to promote their "higher end" properties, like the Rio.
Actually, Harrahs bought the Horseshoe when it was bankrupt, kept the Horseshoe name & the rights to the WSOP, then sold the original Horseshoe downtown to another owner. Which is why it's now called Binion's instead of Binion's Horseshoe.So nobody else will get the rights to the WSOP unless Harrahs decides to sell it off.

Harrah's now also owns (or is partnered with) Caesars Entertainment. They are thinking about changing the theme of Caesars Indiana to a Horseshoe theme. That would be a lot of wasted money for no apparent reason...everything around that place is Roman themed.

When are they going to bump up the entry fee in the main event. i think a 30k or 50k buy in would make things a lot more interesting. having 9 no names at the final table every year is going to kill the popuularity of the game not to mention the wsop
That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
When are they going to bump up the entry fee in the main event. i think a 30k or 50k buy in would make things a lot more interesting. having 9 no names at the final table every year is going to kill the popuularity of the game not to mention the wsop
lol me too. Before last years FT, name 1 person you had heard of before the broadcasts started, other than Harrington. Arieh? No. Raymer? no. Williams? no. Krux? Doubt it. Dean? Heck no. This show MAKES stars, it doesn't showcase them. That's what the preview events are for.

Why even call it the wolrd series of poker? It seems like Harrahs is pushing so much Hold'em that they are dilluting it. How many hold'em events do you need? They need those mixed games. Not to mention more Omaha and Stud turneys.

I think the WSOP in general is a joke. I played in a low buy in even in Indiana a last week, and I couldn't have been more disappointed. They had 954 players and could only seat 500 in the start. There were still alternates coming in hours after the event started. On top of that we had to play 11 handed the whole time I was in... which was well after the alternates were done coming. They did this so they could milk as many cash games and satellite as they could, while screwing over the people who were playing. The dealers didn't know the WSOP rules and the ones the would announce they didn't enforce. It's lame but one thing I was looking forward to was playing with the WSOP chips you see on TV, NOPE. They had the cheapest plastic chips I've ever seen outside of a home game.What really sucks is around here there aren't many tourneys to play in besides charity events who work similar to the WSOP, but they take half the pot right off the top too. So I was really excited about a well run players tourney comming to town. But no such luck.

Yeah, I forgot that Matusow is a no-name. Silly me.
lol me too. Before last years FT, name 1 person you had heard of before the broadcasts started, other than Harrington. Arieh? No. Raymer? no. Williams? no. Krux? Doubt it. Dean? Heck no. This show MAKES stars, it doesn't showcase them. That's what the preview events are for.
Real poker playes have known about Arieh, Raymer, and Krux for years, Krux has been a professional FOREVER, Arieh been around for quite sometime, and Raymer has been a well known high stakes pro for a few years, because of all his activity on RGP. What you just said was the dumbest thing ive ever heard.