oct. 14-16 official picks

I'm surprised that more people picked along with me, with the Predators over the Blues.  The Blues are just terrible, and my strategy may be just to pick against the Blues every week.  In retrospect, I should've gone with TB over Wash, but I'm gonna try to save them for later in the competition.
Not only are the Blues awful, the Preds are looking pretty good. Sullivan and Kariya are playing well, Vokoun in net, they could surprise people.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that more people picked along with me, with the Predators over the Blues.  The Blues are just terrible, and my strategy may be just to pick against the Blues every week.  In retrospect, I should've gone with TB over Wash, but I'm gonna try to save them for later in the competition.
Not only are the Blues awful, the Preds are looking pretty good. Sullivan and Kariya are playing well, Vokoun in net, they could surprise people.
They won't surprise me. I picked them to win the division this year.
Rangers/Devils was a fluke, there's no way NY can keep that up. That Garnett kid looked pretty good in net for the Thrash, and even if he lets in 5 I think Atlanta will be good for 8 against the Rangers Defense. Atlanta in a walk...
Jagr is looking deadly on the powerplay. Atlanta needs to stay out of the box.
Eliminated (no pick) - 9
yipppeeee....sorry.
Rangers/Devils was a fluke, there's no way NY can keep that up. That Garnett kid looked pretty good in net for the Thrash, and even if he lets in 5 I think Atlanta will be good for 8 against the Rangers Defense. Atlanta in a walk...
Jagr is looking deadly on the powerplay. Atlanta needs to stay out of the box.
Eliminated (no pick) - 9
yipppeeee....sorry.
Jagr was in the box so often last night that my roommate and I actually made up a drinking game about it. Everytime Jagr gets a penalty, drink a shot of Jaeger. Thankfully for us and our livers, he stayed out of trouble for the rest of the night.
My picks for this weekend:Oct 14, 2005 Penguins 0 Flyers 0 FlyersOct 14, 2005 Maple Leafs 0 Thrashers 0 Maple LeafsOct 14, 2005 Canucks 0 Wild 0 CanucksOct 14, 2005 Blackhawks 0 Avalanche 0 AvalancheOct 14, 2005 Stars 0 Oilers 0 OilersOct 14, 2005 Blue Jackets 0 Mighty Ducks 0 DucksOct 15, 2005 Maple Leafs 0 Canadiens 0 LeafsOct 15, 2005 Bruins 0 Senators 0 SensOct 15, 2005 Thrashers 0 Rangers 0 ThrashersOct 15, 2005 Islanders 0 Flyers 0 FlyersOct 15, 2005 Hurricanes 0 Devils 0 DevilsOct 15, 2005 Lightning 0 Penguins 0 LightningOct 15, 2005 Sabres 0 Panthers 0 PanthersOct 15, 2005 Predators 0 Blues 0 PredatorsOct 15, 2005 Oilers 0 Flames 0 OilersOct 15, 2005 Red Wings 0 Coyotes 0 Red WingsOct 16, 2005 Lightning 0 Capitals 0 LightningOct 16, 2005 Mighty Ducks 0 Wild 0 DucksOct 16, 2005 Blue Jackets 0 Kings 0 KingsOct 16, 2005 Stars 0 Canucks 0 Canuckstoo lazy too change the colours
lets see how it goes!and i picked vancouver before that 6-0 game. i am very nervous now. though after losing 6-0, the 'nucks really have something to prove.go leafs!daniel
I'm feeling good about my pick. Canadiens over Leafs. Seems a safe one.Toronto are down in Atlanta the day before, and my boys will be back at home catching up on some zzzzz's.
as much as i dislike toronto, (don't get me wrong i dislike montreal just as much), i think that the win over atlanta tonight combined with the win over philly is going to give them some confidence heading in to montreal for awhat should be a good game.
I'm feeling good about my pick. Canadiens over Leafs. Seems a safe one.Toronto are down in Atlanta the day before, and my boys will be back at home catching up on some zzzzz's.
as much as i dislike toronto, (don't get me wrong i dislike montreal just as much), i think that the win over atlanta tonight combined with the win over philly is going to give them some confidence heading in to montreal for awhat should be a good game.
No Question should be a great game, just like last weeks.I have to say Toronto are not as bad as their record suggests, but I think the travel could be that key deciding factor.We shall see........unfortunately it's not on TV here in England until Sunday afternoon!
I'm actually shocked that more people didn't take the Lightning/Caps game on Sunday, that seemed like the closest thing to a sure bet early in the week.
liked that game too. but i hate picking a team in the second night of a back-to-back against a rested team. even though a clearly inferior one.