usc overrated?!?!?!? alabama #1!?!?!?!?

I'm not a USC fan at all. That's just my opinion.I'm an Ohio State fan, and we SHOULD have beaten Texas the same way that Fresno should have beaten USC.
Ohio St should have lost to Michigan, damn qb's who can scramble...
yeah, well Alabama shouldn't have lost to LSU or Auburn....damn injuries to Prothro, damn injuries to the O-line, damn lack of scholarship players due to probation, damn defense coming out flat, damn receivers dropping every pass, damn.....JUST DAMNIT!!! Maybe we can win our bowl game, a ten win season wouldn't be bad at all.
  • Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas v USC is going to be a war, but USC fans need to wake up and realize Texas can and will whoop their ass if USC keeps playing like that
Exactly.They were exposed Saturday for the team that they CAN be.But still. If Reggie Bush has another 400+ yard performance, I'm not sure there is anything Texas can do to beat them.
uhh...no, this doesn't make sense. Reggie Bush had that performance and they only beat Fresno St. b/c the Fresno St. QB threw four gift interceptions in the game. Three of those interceptions were thrown right at a USC defender, they were HORRIBLE interceptions that Vince Young would not throw. (and yes, I did watch the game...). USC couldn't not stop Fresno St. at all, the only reason USC won is because Fresno St. stopped themselves on offense a few times too much. USC is gonna need a big performance from Bush AND a big performance from the 'D' to beat Texas, and I don't see that happening. Enjoy your reign while it lasts, USC fans, it is going to come crashing down hard in the Rose Bowl. Texas is going to rout USC unless they find some answers on 'D' quickly. Also, don't think USC is just gonna score points at will on Texas like they do against the softie Pac-10 defenses or Fresno St. (whose 'D' isn't that good)...Texas can play some pretty solid defense.
I can see where you're coming from, but every single time USC plays a close game everyone always brings up the point that USC SHOULD have lost and that it was some fluke that they didn't......this has happened what...3 times this season already? But each time USC has come out on top. There's a reason we manage to win even close games. Either we're doing something right or we're the luckiest team in the nation.

Texas is going to rout USC unless they find some answers on 'D' quickly. Also, don't think USC is just gonna score points at will on Texas like they do against the softie Pac-10 defenses or Fresno St. (whose 'D' isn't that good)...Texas can play some pretty solid defense.Is the Big 12 any better than the Pac-10 this year? It's not like Texas has played a super-tough schedule. The Pac-10 is known as an offensive league, so giving up points in that league doesn't mean as much as you think. And Fresno St. also puts up a lot of points. I think USC-Texas will be a high-scoring game, but I still like USC to pull it out. 38-31, if I had to make a prediction.

Texas is going to rout USC unless they find some answers on 'D' quickly. Also' date=' don't think USC is just gonna score points at will on Texas like they do against the softie Pac-10 defenses or Fresno St. (whose 'D' isn't that good)...Texas can play some pretty solid defense.[/quote']Is the Big 12 any better than the Pac-10 this year? It's not like Texas has played a super-tough schedule. The Pac-10 is known as an offensive league, so giving up points in that league doesn't mean as much as you think. And Fresno St. also puts up a lot of points. I think USC-Texas will be a high-scoring game, but I still like USC to pull it out. 38-31, if I had to make a prediction.
uh, yeah, I would say the Big 12 is better than the Pac-10. Neither of them are great, but the Pac-10 is just weak. Also, Texas is beating teams by 8 more points per game than USC. Also, Texas is only giving up 14 a game. Not that their defense is gonna hold USC to 14, probably not, but they ain't giving up 50, and since it is EXTREMELY obvious that USC can't stop anybody (they gave up 40+ points to Fresno St. despite FOUR gift interceptions by the Fresno St. QB...), USC is in trouble. Also, the only reason the Pac-10 is an "offensive" league is because the defenses suck. Don't get confused by saying the offenses are SOOO GREAT, when in reality, yes, the offenses are good, but those numbers are just padded because noone in that league plays defense. Anyways, it is clear you USC fans are just in denial, you know you are scared to play Texas....you guys are in SERIOUS trouble....Texas is going to rout you guys, your offense, while great, isn't gonna be enough to make up for your atrocious defense. Don't deny it, you know it is true...

this thread is still alive?wow.every one of bama's wins looks pretty diminished right now, and they did lose to the two toughest teams on their schedule, so i guess they are pretty damn overrated.(no, i didn't read the last 2 pages or so)

this thread is still alive?wow.every one of bama's wins looks pretty diminished right now' date=' and they did lose to the two toughest teams on their schedule, so i guess they are pretty damn overrated.[b'](no, i didn't read the last 2 pages or so)[/[/b]quote]probably would've helped...

Here's USC's schedule including how many points they gave up in that game and how many points their opponent is averaging on the season.Hawaii - 17/29.5Arkansas - 17/26.6Oregon - 13/36.4Arizona St. - 28/37.4Arizona - 21/23.2Notre Dame - 31/38.2Washington - 24/21.5Washington St. - 13/33.5Stanford - 21/23.8Cal - 10/32.7Fresno St. - 42/40.4It seems like USC consistently holds their opponent under their season average. That doesn't sound like an "atrocious" defense. For the season, their (and please note I'm not saying "our," I have no affiliation with USC) opponent scores 68.9% of their season average. Here's USC's schedule including how many points they scored in that game and how many points their opponents are averaging giving up on the season.Hawaii - 63/34.9Arkansas - 70/25.2Oregon - 45/23.7Arizona St. - 38/29.9Arizona - 42/26.7Notre Dame - 34/22.9Washington - 51/30.6Washington St. - 55/31.5Stanford - 51/29.9Cal - 35/20.5Fresno St. - 50/18.3USC on average outscores their opponent's defensive average by 181.6%. For the record, Texas' defense holds opponents to 53.6% of their season average and their offense scores 196.1% more than their opponents are averaging giving up.I'm not saying this proves anything, just that I don't think USC's defense is that bad. Given the number of blowouts involved with both teams there is going to be some number skewing with third-string finishing up the games. I just think it will be a close game and that USC will pull it out. Wouldn't be surprised if Texas won though.

this thread is still alive?wow.every one of bama's wins looks pretty diminished right now, and they did lose to the two toughest teams on their schedule, so i guess they are pretty damn overrated.(no, i didn't read the last 2 pages or so)
A. Yeah, reading the last couple of pages might have helped....the topic has changed a little bit..but...B. Don't try and take away from our ROUTS of South Carolina and Florida. Our team was alot more healthy then and shows what we MIGHT have been able to do if we hadn't lost Prothro and a couple linemen. Those aren't excuses for losing to LSU and Auburn, but you can't say those wins and our season is "diminished." Noone expeceted anything more than a 6-5 season from us at best, and we are now 9-2 in the SEC and were in the national title picture for a good amount of time, and neither of our losses were really that bad. An overtime loss to LSU and a loss to Auburn where, yes, we came out extremely flat, but in the last three quarters we played them even..neither of those are THAT bad. So, yeah, we lost a couple games, but I can think of A LOT of programs that are in a lot worse shape than us...just wait until our Top 5 recruitng class makes some noise now that we are allowed to get our full scholarship levels back. Roll Tide.C. USC is going to be routed..and IF and WHEN they do..I expect to be given some props for saying they were overrated IN THE BEGINNING PART OF THE SEASON!! IF you are gonna flame me for being wrong about losing to LSU and Auburn, I expect you to give me some credit when it turns out that USC is not unbeatable and, in fact, not even the best team in the country. I said they were overrated and not invincible a long time ago, and pretty much everybody laughed at me and told me I was an idiot and that there was no team in college football who could even come close to beating USC. Well, it is starting to look like I was right..so when USC gets routed by Texas.....I expect everyone who has flamed me for being wrong a couple times to come and tell me how right I was. And don't worry, if you don't come give me my credit, I'll come find all you USC fans and let you know about it.
Here's USC's schedule including how many points they gave up in that game and how many points their opponent is averaging on the season.Hawaii - 17/29.5Arkansas - 17/26.6Oregon - 13/36.4Arizona St. - 28/37.4Arizona - 21/23.2Notre Dame - 31/38.2Washington - 24/21.5Washington St. - 13/33.5Stanford - 21/23.8Cal - 10/32.7Fresno St. - 42/40.4It seems like USC consistently holds their opponent under their season average. That doesn't sound like an "atrocious" defense. For the season, their (and please note I'm not saying "our," I have no affiliation with USC) opponent scores 68.9% of their season average. Here's USC's schedule including how many points they scored in that game and how many points their opponents are averaging giving up on the season.Hawaii - 63/34.9Arkansas - 70/25.2Oregon - 45/23.7Arizona St. - 38/29.9Arizona - 42/26.7Notre Dame - 34/22.9Washington - 51/30.6Washington St. - 55/31.5Stanford - 51/29.9Cal - 35/20.5Fresno St. - 50/18.3USC on average outscores their opponent's defensive average by 181.6%. For the record, Texas' defense holds opponents to 53.6% of their season average and their offense scores 196.1% more than their opponents are averaging giving up.I'm not saying this proves anything, just that I don't think USC's defense is that bad. Given the number of blowouts involved with both teams there is going to be some number skewing with third-string finishing up the games. I just think it will be a close game and that USC will pull it out. Wouldn't be surprised if Texas won though.
Eh, I don't put much into your numbers about how much USC is allowing vs. how much those opponents are averaging, and here is why. I think USC's defense is pretty bad, but it isn't as bad as most of the other defense's in the Pac-10. EVERY team in the Pac-10 plays pretty bad defense compared with the rest of the country. Thus, every team is going to have pretty high averages...because they face a bad defense every week. So, yes, USC may hold them to less then their opponents average, but that only means USC's defense is a little better than other Pac-10 defenses, and nothing more. Bottom line....Texas is ALOT, WAY, MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Fresno St., especially defensively. Fresno St.'s QB played pretty bad, yet still put up 42 on them. Take away the 4 INT's that he just "gave" to USC, and USC loses. You think Vince Young is going to give USC four turnover's like that. NO. Replace Fresno's offense with Texas's offense in that game, and USC has 63 points put up on them in that game. Plus, Texas's defense is ALOT better than Fresno's defense, and they ain't gonna give up 500+ all-purpose yards to Reggie Bush. USC is in BIG trouble.
Here's USC's schedule including how many points they gave up in that game and how many points their opponent is averaging on the season.Arkansas - 17/26.6Here's USC's schedule including how many points they scored in that game and how many points their opponents are averaging giving up on the season.Arkansas - 70/25.2
Eh, I don't put much into your numbers about how much USC is allowing vs. how much those opponents are averaging, and here is why. I think USC's defense is pretty bad, but it isn't as bad as most of the other defense's in the Pac-10. EVERY team in the Pac-10 plays pretty bad defense compared with the rest of the country. Thus, every team is going to have pretty high averages...because they face a bad defense every week. So, yes, USC may hold them to less then their opponents average, but that only means USC's defense is a little better than other Pac-10 defenses, and nothing more. Bottom line....Texas is ALOT, WAY, MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Fresno St., especially defensively. Fresno St.'s QB played pretty bad, yet still put up 42 on them. Take away the 4 INT's that he just "gave" to USC, and USC loses. You think Vince Young is going to give USC four turnover's like that. NO. Replace Fresno's offense with Texas's offense in that game, and USC has 63 points put up on them in that game. Plus, Texas's defense is ALOT better than Fresno's defense, and they ain't gonna give up 500+ all-purpose yards to Reggie Bush. USC is in BIG trouble.
Well, if we can't use any Pac-10 games as statistical backup, what about their game against an SEC opponent? Held them to 63.9% of their season average and scored 277.8% more. I think one game samples don't mean anything. So I also don't think one bad game against Fresno St., a team that averages over 40 points per game, can say that much. Pete Carroll admitted that their defense played poorly. USC's problem is that they take their opponent lightly too much; I don't see that as a problem against Texas. I will give you that if Texas played that game instead of Fresno St., Texas would've whooped them, but if USC took Ohio St.'s place, then USC beats Texas. That just doesn't mean anything. And I wouldn't feel that confident with Mack Brown as my head coach going into a big game.
Here's USC's schedule including how many points they gave up in that game and how many points their opponent is averaging on the season.Arkansas - 17/26.6Here's USC's schedule including how many points they scored in that game and how many points their opponents are averaging giving up on the season.Arkansas - 70/25.2
Well, if we can't use any Pac-10 games as statistical backup, what about their game against an SEC opponent? Held them to 63.9% of their season average and scored 277.8% more. I think one game samples don't mean anything. So I also don't think one bad game against Fresno St., a team that averages over 40 points per game, can say that much. Pete Carroll admitted that their defense played poorly. USC's problem is that they take their opponent lightly too much; I don't see that as a problem against Texas. I will give you that if Texas played that game instead of Fresno St., Texas would've whooped them, but if USC took Ohio St.'s place, then USC beats Texas. That just doesn't mean anything. And I wouldn't feel that confident with Mack Brown as my head coach going into a big game.
First off...that SEC opponent was Arkansas.....'nuff said. Also, I am not saying that the numbers you put up were horribly wrong, they do make sense and are relevant, I was just pointing out why I think they are a little misleading. Also, I am not saying USC is going to lose based on the one game with Fresno. It is a further example of what I have been saying all year...that USC is not "invincible" and in fact, their weak D makes them vulnerable to Texas. Also, USC's habit of just "taking opponents too lightly" is not something to be taken for granted, it CAN and WILL catch up to them, you can't just all of a sudden "turn it on" when Texas rolls around..it is gonna hurt them.
so what exactly will you do if USC wins?
I will man up as always and give credit where credit is due, just like I did with LSU and Auburn..even though noone gives me credit for everything I have gotten right about Alabma being a top team and all that, but whatever..I will say good game and allow the flaming to commence. However, it won't be necessary, Texas is going to roll over USC.

I dont think USC's defense is nearly as bad as everyone says. They've actually played some very good offensive teams this year. I still think the defense of Texas is a lot better and that they will beat USC, but the game should be close. It's tough to evaluate the defensive caliber of these teams. They control the ball so much with a dominate offense and put so much pressure on the opposings teams offense to score, that it makes life a lot easier for the defense.BTW, just in case Texas has a close game against the Aggies and people start screaming they're in trouble... It's a rivalry game and its at A&M. Expect the Aggies to play tough. And the Aggies head coach needs to keep the game close to keep his job (that is if the coach gives a crap which he might not). I still expect Texas to blow them out, but in rivalry game like this anything can happen.

I dont think USC's defense is nearly as bad as everyone says.  They've actually played some very good offensive teams this year.  I still think the defense of Texas is a lot better and that they will beat USC, but the game should be close.  It's tough to evaluate the defensive caliber of these teams.  They control the ball so much with a dominate offense and put so much pressure on the opposings teams offense to score, that it makes life a lot easier for the defense.BTW, just in case Texas has a close game against the Aggies and people start screaming they're in trouble... It's a rivalry game and its at A&M.  Expect the Aggies to play tough.  And the Aggies head coach needs to keep the game close to keep his job (that is if the coach gives a crap which he might not).  I still expect Texas to blow them out, but in rivalry game like this anything can happen.
question before I respond...did you watch the Fresno St.-USC game.
I'm not a USC fan at all. That's just my opinion.I'm an Ohio State fan, and we SHOULD have beaten Texas the same way that Fresno should have beaten USC.
Ohio St should have lost to Michigan, damn qb's who can scramble...
yeah, well Alabama shouldn't have lost to LSU or Auburn....damn injuries to Prothro, damn injuries to the O-line, damn lack of scholarship players due to probation, damn defense coming out flat, damn receivers dropping every pass, damn.....JUST DAMNIT!!! Maybe we can win our bowl game, a ten win season wouldn't be bad at all.
Are you still crying? I was pointing out how my team has problems defending qb's who have a good ability to scramble, it had nothing to do with Alabama.Also don't whine about probation, no one brought that on Alabama but themselves. Everyone has games where they come out flat, the best teams overcome that and find a way to win.
"this SHOULD have happened, they should have lost, blah blah blah"...sounds more like you all WISH your team could be 33-0 last 33 games!SEND IT!dominating college football for three years!
I hate to point this out, but you realise it is pretty easy to argue that they didn't even face the toughest opponents they could have in bowl games the last two years right?LSU was co-national champs 2 years ago, and I think Auburn would have made that game with USC a lot more interesting than Olk last year. I think Auburn exspecially had a chance to beat USC last year with that running attack that could keep the ball out of the hands of the USC offense.
B. Don't try and take away from our ROUTS of South Carolina and Florida. Our team was alot more healthy then and shows what we MIGHT have been able to do if we hadn't lost Prothro and a couple linemen. Those aren't excuses for losing to LSU and Auburn, but you can't say those wins and our season is "diminished." Noone expeceted anything more than a 6-5 season from us at best, and we are now 9-2 in the SEC and were in the national title picture for a good amount of time, and neither of our losses were really that bad. An overtime loss to LSU and a loss to Auburn where, yes, we came out extremely flat, but in the last three quarters we played them even..neither of those are THAT bad. So, yeah, we lost a couple games, but I can think of A LOT of programs that are in a lot worse shape than us...just wait until our Top 5 recruitng class makes some noise now that we are allowed to get our full scholarship levels back. Roll Tide.C. USC is going to be routed..and IF and WHEN they do..I expect to be given some props for saying they were overrated IN THE BEGINNING PART OF THE SEASON!! IF you are gonna flame me for being wrong about losing to LSU and Auburn, I expect you to give me some credit when it turns out that USC is not unbeatable and, in fact, not even the best team in the country. I said they were overrated and not invincible a long time ago, and pretty much everybody laughed at me and told me I was an idiot and that there was no team in college football who could even come close to beating USC. Well, it is starting to look like I was right..so when USC gets routed by Texas.....I expect everyone who has flamed me for being wrong a couple times to come and tell me how right I was. And don't worry, if you don't come give me my credit, I'll come find all you USC fans and let you know about it.
B - I like how each time you post after they lose a game, you lower what thier preseason expecations were to make them look better. First it was 7-4, now 6-5, if they lose a bowl game I expect you to say they were supposed to go 5-6. You realise if they lose this bowl game, there is a good chance they dont even make the season ending top 25 poll. Losing 3 straight games tends to have that effect.C - So USC is undefeated, and pretty much heading to the national title game... how is that overrated? I'm not positive they can beat Texas either at this point, but they are the champs until they lose. I think the Pac10 is better than the Big12 too, Oregon for example can beat everyone in the Big12 outside of Texas.
B. Don't try and take away from our ROUTS of South Carolina and Florida. Our team was alot more healthy then and shows what we MIGHT have been able to do if we hadn't lost Prothro and a couple linemen. Those aren't excuses for losing to LSU and Auburn, but you can't say those wins and our season is "diminished." Noone expeceted anything more than a 6-5 season from us at best, and we are now 9-2 in the SEC and were in the national title picture for a good amount of time, and neither of our losses were really that bad. An overtime loss to LSU and a loss to Auburn where, yes, we came out extremely flat, but in the last three quarters we played them even..neither of those are THAT bad. So, yeah, we lost a couple games, but I can think of A LOT of programs that are in a lot worse shape than us...just wait until our Top 5 recruitng class makes some noise now that we are allowed to get our full scholarship levels back. Roll Tide.C. USC is going to be routed..and IF and WHEN they do..I expect to be given some props for saying they were overrated IN THE BEGINNING PART OF THE SEASON!! IF you are gonna flame me for being wrong about losing to LSU and Auburn, I expect you to give me some credit when it turns out that USC is not unbeatable and, in fact, not even the best team in the country. I said they were overrated and not invincible a long time ago, and pretty much everybody laughed at me and told me I was an idiot and that there was no team in college football who could even come close to beating USC. Well, it is starting to look like I was right..so when USC gets routed by Texas.....I expect everyone who has flamed me for being wrong a couple times to come and tell me how right I was. And don't worry, if you don't come give me my credit, I'll come find all you USC fans and let you know about it.
B - I like how each time you post after they lose a game, you lower what thier preseason expecations were to make them look better. First it was 7-4, now 6-5, if they lose a bowl game I expect you to say they were supposed to go 5-6. You realise if they lose this bowl game, there is a good chance they dont even make the season ending top 25 poll. Losing 3 straight games tends to have that effect.C - So USC is undefeated, and pretty much heading to the national title game... how is that overrated? I'm not positive they can beat Texas either at this point, but they are the champs until they lose. I think the Pac10 is better than the Big12 too, Oregon for example can beat everyone in the Big12 outside of Texas.
some places I looked had us at 7-4 in the preseason and some had us at 6-5 you know what I am saying, if you want to nitpick at details, go ahead, you know what the point is. Also, if we lose three straight games we won't finish in the Top 25!?!? Wow, thanks for that big of genius insight, I guess I should not have bet 1,000,000 dollars that Alabama will finish in the Top 25 even if they lose their last three games. Wait a minute, noone said that and noone even said anything about what our ranking was going to be at the end of the year.....don't know why you are bringing that up. Do you realize that if Michigan loses their bowl game, they will.....well, they will have lost FIVE GAMES!!!?? Ouch. Also, yes, I have been saying USC is overrated ALL YEAR. Everyone has them at #1 this year and says that there is no way they can lose (and yes, that is what EVERYONE said at the beginning of the year, funny how people are slowly beginning to realize that USC might be vulnerable....even though I have been saying it all year...). I think Texas is clearly a better team, hell, Penn St. and LSU might even be better teams right now. I think USC should be ranked #2 and Texas #1. Thus, USC is currently overrated. You know I have been saying it all year, so when USC loses to Texas....I'll be sure to let you know about how right I was...
some places I looked had us at 7-4 in the preseason and some had us at 6-5 you know what I am saying, if you want to nitpick at details, go ahead, you know what the point is. Also, if we lose three straight games we won't finish in the Top 25!?!? Wow, thanks for that big of genius insight, I guess I should not have bet 1,000,000 dollars that Alabama will finish in the Top 25 even if they lose their last three games. Wait a minute, noone said that and noone even said anything about what our ranking was going to be at the end of the year.....don't know why you are bringing that up. Do you realize that if Michigan loses their bowl game, they will.....well, they will have lost FIVE GAMES!!!?? Ouch. Also, yes, I have been saying USC is overrated ALL YEAR. Everyone has them at #1 this year and says that there is no way they can lose (and yes, that is what EVERYONE said at the beginning of the year, funny how people are slowly beginning to realize that USC might be vulnerable....even though I have been saying it all year...). I think Texas is clearly a better team, hell, Penn St. and LSU might even be better teams right now. I think USC should be ranked #2 and Texas #1. Thus, USC is currently overrated. You know I have been saying it all year, so when USC loses to Texas....I'll be sure to let you know about how right I was...

Boston College is clearly overrated too. AP has them at #21, but I think they're more like a 22.Maybe Penn St. and LSU are better teams (I don't think so), but I'd rather be a slightly worse team with no losses than a better team with 1 loss. It doesn't matter if USC is ranked #1 or #2, they'll play Texas in the Rose Bowl and decide things on the field. USC = best college team ever? If you're talking about this year only, then yes that would be overrating them. Over three years, maybe not.It remains to be seen whether they have been overrated this year.