usc overrated?!?!?!? alabama #1!?!?!?!?

BCS Teams:USCTexasLSUW. Va :shock: MiamiPenn St.At Large HopefulsVa. TechAlabamaNotre DameOhio St.If Michigan Wins and Alabama Wins it looks like they would have to play each other in the Capitol One bowl. If Michigan loses and Alabama loses, there is a possibility that they could play in the Outback if OSU gets an at-large bid... Alabama would be #3 behind LSU and Auburn right (Georgia would have 3rd loss from SEC title game...) and Michigan would be #3 behind Wisconsin.This probobly won't happen because they will give ND an at large bid... :roll:

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty harsh drop in ratings for alabama, not that i root for them or anything...i'm usc fan all the way, but losing in overtime to a top 5 ranked team like lsu drops u from 3rd to 8th, 9th or tenth, whatever they are is a little harsh in my opinion...what do u think?and before anyone wants to talk trash about being a usc fan, i live in los angeles and love to watch the trojans dominate! not like i have a nfl team to root for, but thats a whole nother story

pretty harsh drop in ratings for alabama, not that i root for them or anything...i'm usc fan all the way, but losing in overtime to a top 5 ranked team like lsu drops u from 3rd to 8th, 9th or tenth, whatever they are is a little harsh in my opinion...what do u think?and before anyone wants to talk trash about being a usc fan, i live in los angeles and love to watch the trojans dominate! not like i have a nfl team to root for, but thats a whole nother story
eh, it could have been worse. Georgia lost to a worse team (Florida) w/o their starting QB, and I believe they dropped to 11 at the time, so I think that b/c we lost to a top team in OT in a very good and competitive game, I think we gained a little more respect from some voters and therefore, didn't get moved down quite as much as we could have. Not that I am happy with the loss, of course, but overall it has still been a pretty good year.

I think UGA is gettin a considerable shaft. LSU and Tenn had all the preseason hype, UF had all the speculation, and when they were both undefeated, Bama had all the attention. That left the dawgs pittling around, when they definately deserved the spotlight.

Question of the day: Suppose USC and Texas had played Bama's schedule. Would each still be undefeated?My theory: Texas, yes. USC loses to LSU.
Texas, PROBABLY....close one against LSU...but I say Texas is the best team in the nation..so I'll say probably..USC, if they came out flat like they were doing for a while....they could realistically have lost two games....to LSU and Florida...however, if they were playing there best, I'd go with a 50/50 shot. Again, LSU could hang with them most likely, so that would be close as well. However, no team comes out playing there absolute best every week,so they very realistically could lose a game. Too bad they hardly ever get tested in the WAC-10....yeah, UCLA and CAL are REALLLLLL threats....alright...

You know, the Pac 10 may not be great, but USC is crushing every team there, it's not even close. There is something to be said for totally dominating one of the 5 best confrences in Div 1 football.I'd take the teams USC has beaten over the teams Texas has beaten right now, not by much but it's close, USC's schedule does rank as being harder than Texas right now and will only get better by the end of the year.I think both of them would be undefeated playing Alabama's schedule. Florida can't beat either of them and LSU woud be tough, but I think USC and Texas are just a notch above everyone else.

You know, the Pac 10 may not be great, but USC is crushing every team there, it's not even close. There is something to be said for totally dominating one of the 5 best confrences in Div 1 football.I'd take the teams USC has beaten over the teams Texas has beaten right now, not by much but it's close, USC's schedule does rank as being harder than Texas right now and will only get better by the end of the year.I think both of them would be undefeated playing Alabama's schedule. Florida can't beat either of them and LSU woud be tough, but I think USC and Texas are just a notch above everyone else.
I think that USC and Texas would be undefeated in the SEC IF they played their best or close to their best game every week. However, both teams have come out flat on a few occasions, and there is no way they get past Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, or LSU if they come out flat. Texas comes out like they did against Oklahoma St...they get beat easily by LSU and Georgia and Florida...same with USC, if they come out flat like they did against Arizona and other teams, they could be in trouble. However, if they come out good, then yes, they beat all the teams. In the Pac-10, USC is allowed to come out flat repeatedly becuase, quite frankly, most of those teams have no defense. Not to say SEC defenses would "contain" USC and hold them to 13... but they aren't putting up 56 pts. on a good SEC defense and thus, if they came out flat and feel behing early, they could be in trouble. Same with Texas.
eh, it could have been worse. Georgia lost to a worse team (Florida) w/o their starting QB, and I believe they dropped to 11 at the time, so I think that b/c we lost to a top team in OT in a very good and competitive game, I think we gained a little more respect from some voters and therefore, didn't get moved down quite as much as we could have. Not that I am happy with the loss, of course, but overall it has still been a pretty good year.
Wow, can't believe this thread is still going.....while Bama lost one, I think they have proven this year that they can compete with the best teams in the nation. They will still play a decent bowl game.....And about the USC/Texas in the SEC, who knows....I wonder how well Bama could have done if they were in the Pac-10 this year.....
Wow, can't believe this thread is still going.....while Bama lost one, I think they have proven this year that they can compete with the best teams in the nation. They will still play a decent bowl game.....And about the USC/Texas in the SEC, who knows....I wonder how well Bama could have done if they were in the Pac-10 this year.....
Bama would beat every Pac-10 team besides USC. Their offense would be ALOT better against the non-defenses in the Pac-10, as opposed to the great defenses in the SEC, and the defense would contain those offenses better than they contain each other.
Bama would beat every Pac-10 team besides USC. Their offense would be ALOT better against the non-defenses in the Pac-10, as opposed to the great defenses in the SEC, and the defense would contain those offenses better than they contain each other.
I don't know.. I think Bama would have some real trouble with Washington.
I don't know.. I think Bama would have some real trouble with Washington. (SW)
I added the 'sw' for ya
hey since the title of this thread is obviously not true anymore, can this longwinded, worthless thread just spontaneously combust, or disappear into the internet or something?
no. This thread is in the off-topic section and is about Alabama football. If you don't like it, don't visit this thread, there is nothing wrong with it. The Iron Bowl is coming up, and this thread will be active during that game, as well as during Bama's bowl game, and maybe even the national title game. Hell, this thread might even be brought back up during the NEXT college football season, who knows.

Iron Bowl.........I'm gonna go out on a limb for my prediction: Alabama 24, Auburn 10.Flame away. I know that we could very easily lose this game and that Auburn is a VERY good team, but I'm gonna stick with my bold prediction here. If I am wrong, well, it won't be the first time. If I am right, well, it won't be the first time.