usc overrated?!?!?!? alabama #1!?!?!?!?

I did call this loss and make a g off 'bama...Thanks Kowboy for getting me soooo interested in this defense...I mean football team....No No... i was right.... pretty much just a defense..
yeah, our offense was pretty horrible in the second half...too many injuries throughout the year, unfortunate really, but oh well. Our defense is so good though, that they nearly allowed us to win despite our offense in the second half
  • Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alabama only dropped to #8 in both polls. I think that even though we did lose, we showed that our defense is capable of keeping us in any game with a powerhouse team like LSU, whereas I think alot of people thought that our defense was a little overrated and wouldn't be contain the LSU offense the way we did for all of regulation. So, even though we lost, maybe we gained a little respect and people will quit crapping all over us b/c we are "unproven" or whatever, which was never true anyways.

I'm trying to figure out why ND is ranked higher than so many 1 loss teams. They have played a tough schedule, but 2 home loses over some other teams looks fishy.
supposedly, their loss to USC was SOOOOOO impressive that they are one of the best teams in the nation, despite also losing to Michigan St. I still say they are overrated, but all the media people are simply jonesing for a "return to glory" for ND that they just conveniently forget about their loss to Michigan St. and instead just treats them like a one-loss team.Go to the ND team message board, they will tell you how great they are and how they should be ranked #3.
Go to the ND team message board, they will tell you how great they are and how they should be ranked #3.
No thanks, I learned a long time ago how much ND is the media darlings of college football. They are the only ones with a network contract afterall.
Go to the ND team message board, they will tell you how great they are and how they should be ranked #3.
No thanks, I learned a long time ago how much ND is the media darlings of college football. They are the only ones with a network contract afterall.
good to know that even though we may disagree on some things, we can both share a dislike for ND and their fans. More their fans really, I don't "hate" the team, but I swear if I hear one more ND fan brag about how awesome they are after beating Navy and BYU, I'm gonna snap
good to know that even though we may disagree on some things, we can both share a dislike for ND and their fans. More their fans really, I don't "hate" the team, but I swear if I hear one more ND fan brag about how awesome they are after beating Navy and BYU, I'm gonna snap
It's nice to know that even through all the hate, flaming and bile there's been in this thread, there is one thing than can bring us all together, ND hate. I had almost forgotten the days of ND being retardedly overrated, and making the bcs with three loses.
It's nice to know that even through all the hate, flaming and bile there's been in this thread, there is one thing than can bring us all together, ND hate. I had almost forgotten the days of ND being retardedly overrated, and making the bcs with three loses.
good, another ND hater. I was laughing my a$$ off when I heard they signed Weis to a 10 year contract for whatever amount. How stupid can you get. Guess they already forgot about Ty Willingham having a better season then this one his first year..but yeah, I guess things are just "different" this year...yeah, Weis is a better recruiter (even though he has never recruited before..I guess ND just "knows" this...)...please. Notre Dame sucks.
good, another ND hater. I was laughing my a$$ off when I heard they signed Weis to a 10 year contract for whatever amount. How stupid can you get. Guess they already forgot about Ty Willingham having a better season then this one his first year..but yeah, I guess things are just "different" this year...yeah, Weis is a better recruiter (even though he has never recruited before..I guess ND just "knows" this...)...please. Notre Dame sucks.
I think wies is a good xo's coach.. who knows how he will recruit, but I imagine he will do well, since he runs a pro style offence, and has league connections. I imagine this will be attractive to kids who have NFL dreams. But he totally conned them into giving him the 10 year extension. Kinda funny, really.
kowboykoop..how did alabama do yesterday? hehe :club: how about kc? hehe :D
dang you're right, Alabama is only 9-1 and #8 in the nation a year in which they were expected to be 7-4 at best and coming off of probation and still using alot less scholarship players than any other team and dealing with alot of injuried to the offense and still only barely getting beat by one of the best teams in the nation. You're right, I should be pretty ashamed to be a "Bama fan right now. Good one.Also, yeah, Chiefs lost. That sucks. but.....we are still better than your Raiders, who we have beaten TWICE now this season. Also, can you please give me the date when the Raiders last beat the Chiefs. I am having trouble finding that, hahahaha, man, it has been a while. Sucks to be you.
kc= lostalabama= lostkowboykoop= douche..life dosen't get any better   8)
aren't the Raiders in the process of getting mauled today??? yeah they are. don't they get mauled every week?? yeah they do. Man that sucks.It also sucks that you had to wait SOOOOOOO long to make fun of me for Alabama losing. I know you were probably waiting for Alabama to lose every week so that you could come in here and tell me how wrong I was. Too bad you had to wait ten weeks to do so. I hope you haven't put your life on hold too much while you sit at home and think about me. Of course, I am assuming you have a life, which is probably a bit of a stretch, to say the least. TENEIGHT'S SOCIAL LIFE IS NON-EXISTENCE!!!

read my blog. you will learn something about mei bet you don't even have a g/f...hahahave you even kissed a girl yet?? and no...you sister dosent count..hickhow's that 12 year old girl body frame working out for you? gl

read my blog. you will learn something about mei bet you don't even have a g/f...hahahave you even kissed a girl yet?? and no...you sister dosent count..hickhow's that 12 year old girl body frame working out for you?  gl
you have a blog?!?!?! hahahaha, wow, another one of those losers who has a blog for no reason...whatever, no I am not gonna read it. Sorry, I know you were hoping to double your fan base by having me read it, but...not gonna happenuh...I live with my g/f..so, I guess the answer is yes and yes and I don't have a sister and...uh...why are you thinking about my body??? Ewww, seriously, that's kinda wierd. Seriously. I don't switch-hit buddy, sorry.

Your taking the loss pretty well Kowboy, it was a great game where one break could've made a difference. I'd like to play Devil's Advocate with you, which scenario do you think would be more beneficial...'Bama runs the table and matches up with either USC or Texas and loses rather handily on TV for in the NT game, I don't think 'Bama has the offensive firepower to match up with either team, although their defense would keep them in it for a while. Or the current scenario where 'Bama, fresh off their first loss of the year, now procedes to run the table and finishes off with a bowl win over a quality opponent in a BCS game. In both scenarios your team finishes with one loss, but I think the mindset of the team would be drastically different. Which one would you prefer? I know that injuries have hurt 'Bama in some critical areas namely the O-Line and with the explosiveness of Prothro on Spc. Teams and his deep play ability, while USC and Texas have stayed rather injury free. But that's what is goofy about CFB, it never hurts to be lucky...whether on the field or staying out of the trainer's room.

I think the fanbase of this thread tripled once bama lost.....
Yea, no more out of the closet hating on KK, thats for me and Rhinestone who have been here doing it week to week.Also Xmas... your assuming they beat Auburn (no easy task) and win a bowl game agaisnt a similarly ranked team. Thats a lot of assumption. They could just as easily lose vs Auburn and then lose whatever bowl game they go to. What do you think that would do to thier outlook.It's going to be tough beating Auburn at home, should be a good game though. We will get to see the SEC's best offense and defense go heads up.
Yea, no more out of the closet hating on KK, thats for me and Rhinestone who have been here doing it week to week.Also Xmas... your assuming they beat Auburn (no easy task) and win a bowl game agaisnt a similarly ranked team. Thats a lot of assumption. They could just as easily lose vs Auburn and then lose whatever bowl game they go to. What do you think that would do to thier outlook.It's going to be tough beating Auburn at home, should be a good game though. We will get to see the SEC's best offense and defense go heads up.
Ya damnit!! Jadaki and I earned the right for a little ribbing!! :club: Auburn-'Bama will be another good one. I may have to come back to this thread with some more in-game. Auburn coming off a huge victory against Georgia, bama coming off the crushing loss. Will have to see if the Tide can recover and if Auburn can keep up the momentum....
Your taking the loss pretty well Kowboy, it was a great game where one break could've made a difference. I'd like to play Devil's Advocate with you, which scenario do you think would be more beneficial...'Bama runs the table and matches up with either USC or Texas and loses rather handily on TV for in the NT game, I don't think 'Bama has the offensive firepower to match up with either team, although their defense would keep them in it for a while. Or the current scenario where 'Bama, fresh off their first loss of the year, now procedes to run the table and finishes off with a bowl win over a quality opponent in a BCS game. In both scenarios your team finishes with one loss, but I think the mindset of the team would be drastically different. Which one would you prefer? I know that injuries have hurt 'Bama in some critical areas namely the O-Line and with the explosiveness of Prothro on Spc. Teams and his deep play ability, while USC and Texas have stayed rather injury free. But that's what is goofy about CFB, it never hurts to be lucky...whether on the field or staying out of the trainer's room.
Uh, thanks I guess, for saying I am taking it well...whatever. Also, if I have to choose between one of the two scenarios, I guess the latter one is preferable....winning a bowl game against a good opponent would be great. And yes, injuries to our offense have hurt us dearly, however, we had the exact same things last year and had a worse record last year, so at least we are getting better. Also, you also forgot to mention that we are one-year removed from a pretty serious probation in which we still have alot less scholarship players than other teams, combined with the fact that we weren't able to recruit well the past few years b/c, quite frankly, no "blue-chip" prospects want to play for a team which is not eligible for a bowl. Thus, our program is WAY ahead of schedule right now, as NOONE expected us to be undefeated for this long...we were predicted as a 7-4 team at best, so no matter what happens the rest of this year, I am happy with the year, as the next few years look extremely bright. I think we will be in the national picture for the next couple years, as our entire offense is back next year (including Darby and Prothro) and our defense will still be very loaded, and Shula is reportedly having a Top 5 recruiting class for next year, so...things are looking up, so I can't be too upset over losing one game in overtime to LSU.
yes, that is why I was all over 'spoils' or whoever, for waiting until our one loss to finally speak up. Also, yeah, beating Auburn will be just as tough as the game against LSU. Doesn't mean we will definitely lose, but it is nothing to be taken for granted, that is for sure. No real home-field advantage in this rivalry, so I think it is a 50-50 tossup right now. If coach Shula can call the plays like he did in the 1st half of the LSU game, I think we have a pretty good chance, however, if Shula gets a little too pass-happy like he did in the 2nd half, we could be in trouble. Also, we need more running around the ends, we got away from that too much in the 2nd half. Auburn's defense isn't as athletic as LSU's (not to say it isn't good, it is..), so our O-Line might be able to hold up a little better. Also, again, IF we do lose our last two games, it would sting for a little bit, sure, but our program is WAY ahead of schedule for our first year off of probation, so in the big picture, we are happy with the season already and next year should be even better. However, of course, a win against Auburn would be huge.

Yah,I dunno that 'Bama/Auburn game is going to be a war. Auburn took Georgia's best punch @ Georgia...and still came out with a W. The game is @ Auburn correct? I have to give a SLIGHT lean towards Auburn. 'Bama proved last week that a great defense will always give you a punchers chance.

Yah,I dunno that 'Bama/Auburn game is going to be a war. Auburn took Georgia's best punch @ Georgia...and still came out with a W. The game is @ Auburn correct? I have to give a SLIGHT lean towards Auburn. 'Bama proved last week that a great defense will always give you a punchers chance.
The game is at Auburn, but really, there is very little home-field advantage as the crowd will essentially be 50/50, and yes, it is gonna be a war. This game is ALWAYS close, no matter the records and how good each team really is. Also, since both teams have good records, that is all the more incentive.

Also, the big game his weekend... best rivalry in college footballMichigan vs Ohio StateWere back into the top 15 in the BCS, a win over Ohio State gets us into a really good bowl game. I would love to see a Michigan Alabama bowl game, just so we can hit 30 pages in this thread before bowl week :)Not going to happen though.*Edit*... actually it might...If Michigan beats Ohio State we take #2 in the Big ten and get a invite to the Capitol One bowl where we would play the #2 team in the SEC, which could very well end up being Alabama if both LSU and Alabama win out.