majorleag @ the united states poker championships

Play kicks off in about 15 minutes... I've got my Turtle Iced Latte (with skim milk and Splenda because Ms. DunkinDonuts-to-be says I'm getting fat from all the sugar), some Vaseline and a box of Puffs For Sensitive Skin... Go get 'em, Polack!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

matusow is a donkey....easily proven since he loves donkey d***major isn't listed in the "name" chip counts...hopefully a good sign is that the chip leader at his table earlier is down about 10k since the last update..

Just got a quick call from Mauricio. Without details, he "terribly mis-played a hand" and is now holding on for dear life. He has appox. $7000 left.The good news is they are now at break and have announced that after the break his entire table is going to be moving to the "FEATURED TABLE". Looks like we will get to see our guy on TV after all.He did mention that after the hand he was crippled on, he was down to $4000. He has since moved all-in (i am not joking) 12 times, uncontested. All but 2 were preflop. I'll keep the updates coming.

Just got a quick call from Mauricio. Without details, he "terribly mis-played a hand" and is now holding on for dear life. He has appox. $7000 left.The good news is they are now at break and have announced that after the break his entire table is going to be moving to the "FEATURED TABLE". Looks like we will get to see our guy on TV after all.He did mention that after the hand he was crippled on, he was down to $4000. He has since moved all-in (i am not joking) 12 times, uncontested. All but 2 were preflop. I'll keep the updates coming.
thats cool that hes going to the featured table. hopefully he can double up a few times.

I just saw an update on pokerpages.com. Majorleag is not listed as being at the featured table. When I spoke to him earlier, he was almost certain that they were being moved this round. Maybe next round he will be there.It is 6:10pm eastern and I have not heard from him, so I am going to assume that he is still in.

from cardplayer.com:New Players at ESPN's Featured Tables Log: ESPN has shifted some tables around to get some fresh faces at the two featured tables. The primary featured table (completely set up as a stage with an announcer in a separate room) now includes Hoyt Corkins and Steve Brecher.The smaller, secondary featured table (in the tournament room) includes Mark Seif, Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi, Paul "X-22" Magriel, Steve Dannenmann (2nd place in 2005 WSOP Main Event), Senthil Kumar, and Ricardo Festejo (2nd place in 2005 WPT Borgata). they only mention 6 names, so your boy could still be all up in there.gl

from cardplayer.com:New Players at ESPN's Featured Tables Log: ESPN has shifted some tables around to get some fresh faces at the two featured tables. The primary featured table (completely set up as a stage with an announcer in a separate room) now includes Hoyt Corkins and Steve Brecher.The smaller, secondary featured table (in the tournament room) includes Mark Seif, Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi, Paul "X-22" Magriel, Steve Dannenmann (2nd place in 2005 WSOP Main Event), Senthil Kumar, and Ricardo Festejo (2nd place in 2005 WPT Borgata). they only mention 6 names, so your boy could still be all up in there.gl
Sharla has the full lineup for both tables, second is:Name Chip Count Seat Steve Dannenmann 1 Matthew Glantz 2 Paul Magriel 3 John Renzi 4 Senthil Kimar 5 Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi 6 Richard Festejo 7 Ray Lin 8 Mark Seif 9
Is the kid out or am I just being impatient?
he trippled up and is close to average stack nowhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...pic.php?t=31123
Thanks dna. I did an update last night and hit new post instead of reply. Please follow the link in the quote for my update from last night.Majorleag is out in 85th.I am sure that he will be posting this morning with all of the details. He lost one big hand with pocket 5's to another player with pocket 7's. Neither player went all-in, but major could not get the other player to lay down his 7's.He was eliminated when he went all-in with QQ vs A 10 offsuit.Congrats to majorleag for outlasting better than half of the field and many big name pro's. Thanks again to eveyone for all of your support!Cueball

First of all, I just want to say a sincere thanks to all of you for sweating me during my first big event!!It was truly a thrill and an honor to play among and with the best poker players in the world.Yes Paul Magriel is more annoying then Matusow. He does his quack, quack, and rainbow bets etc. Too tired to explain all that now, but I played with him for about 7.5 hours.When I first sat down on Tuedsay I had Paul to my left and Steve Brecher from Team Full Tilt to my right as well as a local pro Alan Colon from Long Island to my right.During the last hour on Tuesday pro Steve Zolotow, who's name was misspelled by the Taj btw joined our table severely short stacked.I met several pro's most of who where very polite and gracious, Chris Ferguson, John Juanda, Hoyt Corkins were all very polite. Ironically enough on Tuesday I saw Men "The Master" Nguyen and said who are you doing Men? He mumbled something incoherently and turned and walked away from me.So needless to say I thought he was a bit of a prick. Wouldn't you know it yesterday about 3 levels in they put him at my table. Him and I got into it a couple of times. I have made a point of trying to be a good player and non-confrontational but he made a point of trying to bully me and I guess try and intimidate me. Here is a little of what I remember with him. Fairly early on after he had joined our table, blinds were 300-600, I had Ace, 6 and limped in with it. The flop came down wiith an Ace, Queen and I can't remember what else. I checked to Men and he bet out about 1,800, I then came over the top on him being pretty sure he didn't have the Ace. Well when I did so I stated raise but didn't quite put enough in to double the bet which is what you must do, so the dealer and players pointed this out and I said no problem and completed the amount. Well, Men takes the ear buds out of his ear and starts to complain to the dealer, so I finally look at him and say "Men, I announced my intentions to raise." He is sooo pissed off and finally lays his hand down.Then later on in another hand I bet out, I can't rembemer the details, he comes over the top for like another 4k after the flop that has a Queen, and a Jack, so I think for a moment and fold. I say nice bet Men, and he goes nuts again, thinking that I was saying it like he was bluffing, so he shows me only that he had 2 pair. Now I tell him look I didn't mean to imply you had nothing but he continues to steam.Then later he gets Ace, Queen makes a big bet, and everyone folds including me, and he shows me and says, I wish I had this that other hand, referring to the one I came over the top on him. I just look at him and say, yeah I wish you did too! He glares at me and says you do huh? Finally to put an end to this I just look at him and say "Let's just get this straight Men, I respect you, but I am not intimidated by you"Things calmed down and when I busted out I shook everyone's hand at the table including Men and said no hard feelings and he said no.On the last hand the blinds were 400-800 with a 100 ante. The man UTG calls the 800 so now there is 2,900 to take. It comes back to me and I have about 15k left and go all in with my queens.Men folds, bb folds and the under the gun guy Bob a well liked and well known local pro who has done very well at the Borgata event last year and others thinks and calls with Ace, 10 off-suit. I think this was a bit of a loose call since it was about a third or quarter of his stack.Before I show my hand Men points to me and says I have Ace, Seven, and a young kid who was pretty cocky but won some critical pots an had a huge stack says I have Ace, King, or Ace, Jack. So I tell them nope and flip my Queens over and Bob flips his Ace, 10 OS and the flop hits him with an Ace and that is the end of the road for me.Ironically enough 2-3 hands previous this big stack kid had called a huge all-in about 50k against another guy with Jacks, when he had Ace, 10 OS and won, and several of us including Bob who busted me had commented on what a loose call it was, and Bob who made essentially the same call against me even commented, "gee I could find a better spot to call an all in with" then he calls mine. Oh well, I can honestly say that I played and fought hard and in the end I did put all my money in with the best hand pre-flop. There was only about 30 minutes left for the night so had he folded or better yet not hit his Ace, I would have been back in good shape going into today as the average chip stack when I lost was about 51k.Well I will be back in the future when the bankroll allows. I am thrilled to have outlasted 140 people many of which were pro's. There were other pros there that were not on some of the lists I saw. Take care all!!!