1.7million $ pot...

I believe it was $15000/30000 holdem. I was at a seminar last year where she talked about it. It was a bunch of pros pooling their money and playing heads up with a billionaire. She flopped a straight and he flopped a pair with a draw to the same straight and went nuts. Board paired on river and she almost had a heart attack, but won anyway.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a....php?a_id=14268Interesting... Wonder if the "pros" even start to shake at that kind of money... me might think so. I would think a guy like Andy Beal would not be nervous at that kind of money and the pros very well might. Could change the nature of the game. Just a thought... Not my opinion... What do you think?
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a....php?a_id=14268Interesting...   Wonder if the "pros" even start to shake at that kind of money...  me might think so.  I would think a guy like Andy Beal would not be nervous at that kind of money and the pros very well might.  Could change the nature of the game.  Just a thought... Not my opinion...  What do you think?
I would think in a game like that the Pro's would have a rich backer.

Andys their fish. They play TOGETHER, against andy. He prolly enjoys poker so much that he plays despite knowing this. Please note they dont want andys feelings to get hurt elsewise they may lose their fish. If i was on that team, telling money results to the media would net someone a black eye.

Andys their fish. They play TOGETHER, against andy. He prolly enjoys poker so much that he plays despite knowing this. Please note they dont want andys feelings to get hurt elsewise they may lose their fish. If i was on that team, telling money results to the media would net someone a black eye.
I like your signature. Isn't that what Chau Giang said at the end of the PLO tourney for the 2004 WSOP?

lol andy is not their fish. he is better at heads up limit than some of the pros on the bankroll. they are not backed. they are scared of that kind of money, which is a huge advantage for andy. none of them could come up with the roll on their own, hence the corporation. I seriously doubt harmans pot was at 15k 30k. thats a 56 big bet pot heads up, in a limit game. pretty ridiculous. i dont see anyone putting in more than 10 or 11 bets without the absolute stone cold nuts.

Doyle tells a story in Super System 2 about that event with regards to Todd Brunson. It says that "For ten days this wealthy executive battled different players to a standstill, a very rare feat for someon who doesn't practice day-in and day-out. We were all impressed."He then talks about how Todd sat down "for a friendly little game of $50,000-$100,000 Texas hold 'em." Boggles the mind.

Could've easily had a $1.7 million dollar pot when they were playing $100k-200k. Andy Beal admits having lost money against the pros, but that isn't the same as saying that he's their fish. If you look at the letters sent via Barry Shulman at cardplayer magazine, you'll notice that one of the points of contention is which pros will play against Beal and how the choices will be made. That's because heads up limit holdem is really a pretty simple game and Beal is capable of beating several members of the corporation at it. Not all of them are especially good at it (surprisingly) or have the proper style of play to be effective against Beal. On the other hand, there are a couple of them who can beat Beal pretty badly. Hence the fight: whoever gets the best deal on picking the players is going to be the winner.

The World's Biggest Poker Gameby Barry Shulman Ever since it opened its doors, Bellagio in Las Vegas has hosted the biggest poker game in the world.Oftentimes it has been "built around" an affable gentleman from Texas, Andy Beal, who flies to Las Vegas and tackles one player at a time.The biggest game, played May 12 and May 13, 2004, was $100,000-$200,000 limit hold'em. If you are new to the scene, that means that many pots are more than $1 million and heads-up play sometimes gets in as many as 75 hands per hour.Andy recently phoned me and expressed frustration with what he said were mischaracterizations in recent news accounts of his poker games. He said he wanted to somehow set the record straight, and asked me to publish his open letter below.From The Desk Of Andy Beal Dallas, TexasDate: September 2004To: Doyle Brunson, Chip Reese, Todd Brunson, Jennifer Harman, Howard Lederer, Chau Giang, Barry Greenstein, Ted Forrest, Gus Hansen, Lee Salem, John Hennigan, Ming La, Lyle Berman, Phil Ivey, Johnny Chan, Hamid DastmalchiI recently read a story in the New York Daily News that is an unfair mischaracterization of my recent poker experience in the "Big Game" played at Bellagio.No mention was made that I won more than $10 million in the largest game ever played, $100,000-$200,000 limit hold'em, on May 12 and 13, 2004. No mention was made of the fact that most of the above-mentioned professional players have substantial overall individual net losses after having played many hours against me. I concede that I am a net overall loser in the Bellagio games, although the extent of my losses is often exaggerated and mischaracterized.These stories have become like fishermen's tales, in which the fish is always getting bigger every time the story is told. I spent four years learning the game from the best. Does it surprise anyone that I was an overall net loser during that period? Now, you want to reduce the stakes and refuse to continue to play at the previous betting limits. Does it surprise anyone that I have little interest in traveling to play in smaller games? My interest has always been the intellectual challenge of competing with the best, in games in which the amount bet is material to the people involved. I have played the best in the largest game ever played, and I won. I had a great time and a wonderful experience, but I have little interest in continuing to play the game, because of the time commitment and travel required to maintain excellence.Call me naïve (I've been called worse), but I believe that I am the favorite in a heads-up limit high-stakes game against most of you. For the record, I challenge you to put up or shut up about your "professional play." Come to Dallas and play me for four hours a day and I will play until one of us runs out of money or cries uncle. If your play is so great and your wins have been as large as you claim, you should have plenty of bankroll and be jumping at the chance to come and play another $100,000-$200,000 game and win a lot more money. I should add that you can bring your own independent dealers and your own cards, and can play in a different location of your choice every day if you wish. You should provide a slate of any six or more of the above players and I will pick from your slate who plays. Observers should be free to attend in order to record exactly what happens at this game, so it won't turn into another fisherman's story.My money says you will decline, and that says it all. If you accept, the resulting game will say it all. Either way, I will get to stop reading fishermen's stories.Andy BealP.S. This challenge is for now (starting September 2004), not weeks, months, or years from now.