album of the year

They [Green Day] are the best live band imaginable
Have you seen Radiohead live before?
Or Pearl Jam?
26 times...Drunk encoring Eddie Vedder is my favorite musician ever.Seriously... when the first time I heard him say "censored Clear Channel!" then play "Soon Forget" followed by "Baba O'Reilly" I actually had an orgasm, which was totally unrelated to the handjob I was getting at the time.God, Renae... if only you weren't married/imaginary.Ice
26 times? Really? That's amazing. I've only seen them once but it was an incredible show. Eddie went on a fuck George Bush rant. I thought the entire place was gonna explode. Adding an orgasm to that? I would have died. Literally. You must really have a strong heart to still be alive, Ice.But alas, I am married. And imaginary. I think it's the imaginary part that's the biggest obstacle. :wink:
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 times Ice? Impressive....I've seen them 15 times, one being Lollapalooza in 1992. Last time I saw them was on this last tour with Death Cab For Cutie, when all of the sudden, they bring out Tim Robbins and he comes and jams a song with the band. Great stuff.

26 times? Really? That's amazing. I've only seen them once but it was an incredible show. Eddie went on a censored George Bush rant. I thought the entire place was gonna explode. Adding an orgasm to that? I would have died. Literally. You must really have a strong heart to still be alive, Ice.But alas, I am married. And imaginary. I think it's the imaginary part that's the biggest obstacle. :wink:
I went on a big run where I followed them around with a couple people through the midwest when I was younger. Best time of my life. True story: I traded my senior homecoming date for Pearl Jam tickets. Best. Deal. Ever.Also, just to clear up, the orgasm wasn't an ADDITION to the bad-ass Pearl Jam performance, it was a direct result OF the bad-ass Pearl Jam performance. I saw one of the Bush rants, too. Vedder slammed a bottle of wine during it, and became more and more intoxicated after every sip. Frickin' awesome.Pearl Jam rocks,Ice
Green Day is the greatest band of the past decade.Flame away but it's the truth.
No they aren't, Radiohead is, and it isn't even close.
No, they're second. Tool is and it isn't even close.
Renae, you like Tool? Now I may really be in love. Do you like A Perfect Circle as well?
Absolutely! You're a fan? Sweet! Ron Mexico, will you marry me? :club: I love Tool and APC both. I've seen Tool live 3 times and APC twice. Ever been to a show? Maynard is amazing live. Anyway, I could ramble on and on.Emotive wasn't one of my favorites, though. I can't wait for the new Tool album to be out. Supposed to be sometime this year.
Only seen Tool once, in a large venue unfortunately. Good though. I've seen APC three times in the last two years. Great shows. Love MJK. And yes, I will marry you. You seem to have a minor problem with working that out though. We'll just make donkey love for now until your unattached. (I hear your down with that)Emotive had three good tracks but not the best.You said "I love Tool" Thats funny. (giggle)If we meet, you are now over the 30 minute mark for oral.
Green Day is the greatest band of the past decade.Flame away but it's the truth.
Renae, you like Tool? Now I may really be in love. Do you like A Perfect Circle as well?
Absolutely! You're a fan? Sweet! Ron Mexico, will you marry me? :club: I love Tool and APC both. I've seen Tool live 3 times and APC twice. Ever been to a show? Maynard is amazing live. Anyway, I could ramble on and on.Emotive wasn't one of my favorites, though. I can't wait for the new Tool album to be out. Supposed to be sometime this year.
Only seen Tool once, in a large venue unfortunately. Good though. I've seen APC three times in the last two years. Great shows. Love MJK. And yes, I will marry you. You seem to have a minor problem with working that out though. We'll just make donkey love for now until your unattached. (I hear your down with that)Emotive had three good tracks but not the best.You said "I love Tool" Thats funny. (giggle)If we meet, you are now over the 30 minute mark for oral.
Would that 30 minutes be before or after the donkey love? Because I intend to decide whether or not I work that problem out by the answer. Or would you be willing to relocate to Utah? :wink: The best Tool show I ever saw was in a small venue that wasn't even full. It was incredible. The things Maynard can do with his voice. I mean, you hear it on the album but to realize he can hold that note for that long and so clearly from some of the positions he puts his body in on stage is just awe inspiring.
You have GOT to be kidding me. Green Day sucks...oohhhh, they came out with an anti-war song...oh, they are the greatest.....oh wait a second, who the f*ck cares. Maybe if they would have wrote this song at the beginning of the war, you know, like a good protest song is supposed to be, then maybe, but writing an anti-war/Bush song a year or so into the war and basically saying THE EXACT SAME THING EVERYONE ELSE IS SAYING is stupid. Just like most bands today, Green Day sucks and is just trying to put out an album that will sell alot and make them money...too bad they can't make music just for the sake of music, like some of the actuall good bands of old (namely, AC/DC, the greatest band of all time) or some good modern bands such as the White Stripes.....In summary, most music today is bullshit, and Green Day is no exception

Okay, I KNOW I'm going to get flamed for this, but in the discussion of great live bands, I have to bring Goldfinger into the argument. Talk all you want about great live bands, but I have never had more fun at a concert than at a Goldfinger show. I've seen a lot of bands live, and lots have blown me away, but I still think Goldfinger is the most fun you will have at a concert.

Kanye West=flavor of the month.   Hip Hop or whatever doesn't have any staying power.  While I don't agree with GD as the best band in the last 10 years, I will say they are still good quality stuff.How many hip hop artists are putting out quality albums that were doing it ten years ago?
How about Nas, Outkast, Jay-z, Dr Dre I could keep going but I proved my point.And Kanye West is the shit, but his first album was better than his new one.

kanye is sure the flavor of the month, but it is a pretty good flavor. Nas, Common, Talib Kweli are all good rappers, pretty much the anti-bling rappers. Kanye is somewhere in between, but his songs are good. For anyone who has the new Kanye album, what is your favorite song off it? i think mine is "drive slow"

Jack White is a genius and will continue to prove that he is as close to a modern-day Bob Dylan that there will ever be, and if you guys don't understand the greatness of Bob Dylan and his importance to rock 'n' roll and music in general, than you guys don't know anything about music

Jack White is a genius
please, just stop right there while you're semi-ahead.he is a terrible guitar player... his girlfriend is a terrible drummer... all in all, they had a couple hit songs that weren't that good. completly uncomparable to bob dylan, i don't even know why you brought that up.anyways, as i said -
worst band. EVER.
bottom line :-)
Would that 30 minutes be before or after the donkey love? Because I intend to decide whether or not I work that problem out by the answer. Or would you be willing to relocate to Utah? :wink: The best Tool show I ever saw was in a small venue that wasn't even full. It was incredible. The things Maynard can do with his voice. I mean, you hear it on the album but to realize he can hold that note for that long and so clearly from some of the positions he puts his body in on stage is just awe inspiring.
Well, it will be before of course. You only get 10 minutes after. Just soft, sweet kisses on the "fun button" b/c it will be sensitive. A cool down if you will.That small venue show must've been ridiculous.
Conor Oberst is a genius and will continue to prove that he is as close to a modern-day Bob Dylan
FYP...and no new artist today should even be compared with Dylan. The man was a tier above any songwriter today.....Tom Waits is close, but no cigar.

I agree that noone will ever come close to being Dylan, all I meant was that I feel that Jack White is an incredible lyricist and makes music for the right reasons, as did Dylan, and that therefore, in this way, he is a modern-day version of Dylan. I do not feel that Jack White is as good or as significant in any way as Dylan. I do, however, feel that Jack White has a lot of time to make a lot of good and meaningful music, unlike everyone else today who pretty much makes music based on what is trendy at the time, and yes, that includes Green Day.Also, I feel that the White Stripes "Elephant" Album is one of the greatest albums of the past few years

I agree that noone will ever come close to being Dylan, all I meant was that I feel that Jack White is an incredible lyricist and makes music for the right reasons, as did Dylan, and that therefore, in this way, he is a modern-day version of Dylan. I do not feel that Jack White is as good or as significant in any way as Dylan.  I do, however, feel that Jack White has a lot of time to make a lot of good and meaningful music, unlike everyone else today who pretty much makes music based on what is trendy at the time, and yes, that includes Green Day.Also, I feel that the White Stripes "Elephant" Album is one of the greatest albums of the past few years
Green Day is credited for creating the modern pop-punk trend as well. Can't believe I am actually sitting here defending them in some way, but I'll give them some credit for sticking around so long when most bands of that time are gone. White Stripes are a trend right now as well, the "garage band" revival of the early `00s. The Strokes and them are the frontrunners of that movement. White Stripes are alright, but they are not innovators, I would still rather hear them then some of the shit on the radio, but still.....so many other good new bands out there that you don't get to hear about, I recommend checking some of them out.
Well, it will be before of course. You only get 10 minutes after. Just soft, sweet kisses on the "fun button" b/c it will be sensitive. A cool down if you will.That small venue show must've been ridiculous.
What is ridiculous is the image in my head.... :oops:
I agree that noone will ever come close to being Dylan, all I meant was that I feel that Jack White is an incredible lyricist and makes music for the right reasons, as did Dylan, and that therefore, in this way, he is a modern-day version of Dylan. I do not feel that Jack White is as good or as significant in any way as Dylan. I do, however, feel that Jack White has a lot of time to make a lot of good and meaningful music, unlike everyone else today who pretty much makes music based on what is trendy at the time, and yes, that includes Green Day.Also, I feel that the White Stripes "Elephant" Album is one of the greatest albums of the past few years
Green Day is credited for creating the modern pop-punk trend as well. Can't believe I am actually sitting here defending them in some way, but I'll give them some credit for sticking around so long when most bands of that time are gone. White Stripes are a trend right now as well, the "garage band" revival of the early `00s. The Strokes and them are the frontrunners of that movement. White Stripes are alright, but they are not innovators, I would still rather hear them then some of the shit on the radio, but still.....so many other good new bands out there that you don't get to hear about, I recommend checking some of them out.
"garage band" revival??? uh, no, White Stripes is not a part of this, have you actually listened to any of their albums. Maybe one song sounds like a garage rock band, but they have a very wide range of styles, including a lot of slower songs which emphasize lyrics and harmony over just loud guitar. Listen to their latest album and then say they are a garage band....trust me, you are wrong on this point
"garage band" revival??? uh, no, White Stripes is not a part of this, have you actually listened to any of their albums. Maybe one song sounds like a garage rock band, but they have a very wide range of styles, including a lot of slower songs which emphasize lyrics and harmony over just loud guitar. Listen to their latest album and then say they are a garage band....trust me, you are wrong on this point
Yes, I have listened to them, long before most other people have. I saw them in concert before White Blood Cells had come out....$7 show, wasn't bad by the way. I'm just telling you how others categorize them, if you perceive them to be something different than that, that's fine. It's not an attack on the band. If you like them or they are your favorite band, great, there are many worse bands you could have said. Do you ever listen to the Pixies? Because if you like the White Stripes, you will definitely dig them.

alright, fair enough, I didn't mean to come off as being hostile. I do not categorize them as being that way, but if others do, I guess they judge that off of just a couple songs, as I can't understand how you could actually categorize them in this way. But okay, I do see your point, sorry about coming off as hostile or whatever, I didn't mean to, my badand yes, I have heard the Pixies

alright, fair enough, I didn't mean to come off as being hostile. I do not categorize them as being that way, but if others do, I guess they judge that off of just a couple songs, as I can't understand how you could actually categorize them in this way. But okay, I do see your point, sorry about coming off as hostile or whatever, I didn't mean to, my badand yes, I have heard the Pixies
Actually, nowhere in my posts did I ever say that I categorize them that way. Radio stations and critics lumped the White Stripes and the Strokes as the frontrunners of that movement. Fair label or not, it's how they were perceived at the time. Elephant probably helped them move out of that categorization a little bit. I don't take offense, everyone gets hostile when it comes to defending music they like. If you like the Stripes, you should listen to some Pixies, to get an idea of where the Stripes get some of their influence from. I highly recommend Doolittle and Surfer Rosa, albums I think you would like.
It's actually hard to argue. They've been around forever and do it every time. Not that I like them really, but I see how you could make the argument.Depends on your criteria.
haha i mean **** all you gotta know is three damn chords and you can be green day or any other of these "punk" bands. its not that hard to be a corporate whore with no talent.
Kanye West=flavor of the month. Hip Hop or whatever doesn't have any staying power. While I don't agree with GD as the best band in the last 10 years, I will say they are still good quality stuff.How many hip hop artists are putting out quality albums that were doing it ten years ago?
JAY-Zhe may be retired, but his 2003 album was just as good as Reasonable Doubt...ok well not as good but it was still good compared to the stuff that was out at the time....