album of the year

why is green day the best band of the past ten years? cause they get more vma's, play on censored "new rock" stations, or is it cause they play the same five bar chords over and over and dweebs like u guys buy the censored?
Take away awards and what not and you are still left with the best band in my opinion. They don't write love songs and never really have. Billie writes what's on his mind during that time. They've always voiced their opinion, policitally correct or not.They are the best live band imaginable, I've seen them 4 times over the years (Most recently last month). They sound incredible live & have been a band for 16 years. They also are the one band that got me into "modern day" music after my cousin threw in the cd in 94, the days of "la bamba" were over.
youve never seen a good live show then.pearl jam puts on an incredible show.but i mean really, you just have to see Swift to see a good show with incredible stage presence.
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've gotta say coldplay has to be up there, and as far as rap albums goi'm gonna give my props to kanye and mike jones.
lol sorry for post after post, but i keep seeing ridiculous statements. i mean cmon, mike jones? ill admit, while riding around at myrtle beach it was fun to listen to his cd, but damn he CAN NOT rap. if it wasnt for swishahouse and paul wall, that guy wouldnt be anywhere. whats he going to do for another album? surely he cant just keep saying his name over and over again on a new cd.?
They [Green Day] are the best live band imaginable
Have you seen Radiohead live before?
Or Pearl Jam?
HELL YES!!! Wow renaedawn is making some very very good posts on this topic. Pearl Jams shows are amazing. Since they lost their bout with Ticketmaster, they now play for like 3 hours (or did when i seen em). They couldnt get ticket prices reduced, but they still give back to the fans.Actually, this was the main reason why i wanted to win my way into the 2005 Borgata Open...they are playing TWO shows the next week.... :club::(EDIT: ok im not making any more posts in a row on this topic, but i really am glad to see some fellow Pearl Jam fans around here. I have seen the live once, and have 32 Cd's by them (havent collected in a while really)....If by best band of the decade you meant the 90's Governator, there is no comparison. Pearl Jam completely blows anyone else away, but also this is just my opinion. They survived the grunge blowup and melt down and are still hard working and traveling. Although i dont much agree with their political views, (i honestly think all bands/famous people should shut the hell up about politics and go back to driving their mercedes and sipping wine) i still love to listen to them.ive said my piece about music. time to hear the flaming....and for real check out www.swift-band.com great stuff

As for live shows what about Bruce? I'm still young but I saw him a couple years ago at the last Giants Stadium concert he had. I wasn't much of a fan going in, but it didnt matter, the music just got me so pumped up I had no control.

I will assume you mean Bruce Springsteen, and yes, though I have never seen him live, he is definitely awesome...both his old stuff and his new stuff..
Sorry I didn't clarify, those of us from Jersey know there is only one Bruce.
As for live shows what about Bruce? I'm still young but I saw him a couple years ago at the last Giants Stadium concert he had. I wasn't much of a fan going in, but it didnt matter, the music just got me so pumped up I had no control.
Springsteen in concert is incredible. The man just knows how to put on a show....the one I went to was some 4 hours of music. Anyone will turn into a fan after seeing him live.
I like music!
LOUD NOISES!!!!!.....Can't believe this thread is still going strong....Couple more points...a couple of people brought up the new Sufjan Stevens as album of the year... I can't believe I forgot to nod that, though it's kind of apples and oranges to the Danger Doom albumPeople keep mentioning White Stripes... nice band but not band of the decade...about the argument if they are a garage band or not, listen to their self-titled album, though they have gotten a lot more diversified (and better) since that...and by the way, Meg White is Jack's ex-wife, not girlfriend, check out the last namesPearl Jam and Bruce are good nods for live shows, but no U2???? That's shameful...And forgot to mention the Jack White/Bob Dylan...Jack's talented as hell, but Bobby D, come on!... maybe I'm living in a cave, but last time I checked Jack White isn't leading a cultural revolution
I like music!
LOUD NOISES!!!!!.....Can't believe this thread is still going strong....Couple more points...a couple of people brought up the new Sufjan Stevens as album of the year... I can't believe I forgot to nod that, though it's kind of apples and oranges to the Danger Doom albumPeople keep mentioning White Stripes... nice band but not band of the decade...about the argument if they are a garage band or not, listen to their self-titled album, though they have gotten a lot more diversified (and better) since that...and by the way, Meg White is Jack's ex-wife, not girlfriend, check out the last namesPearl Jam and Bruce are good nods for live shows, but no U2???? That's shameful...And forgot to mention the Jack White/Bob Dylan...Jack's talented as hell, but Bobby D, come on!... maybe I'm living in a cave, but last time I checked Jack White isn't leading a cultural revolution
In terms of live shows, nothing beats AC DC, watching their Live at Donnington DVD is ridiculous, and they are insane in concert. White Stripes are not a garage band, maybe their first CD sounded so becuase they were underfunded or whatever, but their style of music is COMPLETELY different than a garage band (i.e. their latest CD has a number of slower songs, something which is not charactristic of a garage band). Also, if you will read my posts, I explicitly state that White is not as culturally significant as Dylan, I just said that his lyrical style, though of a different subject matter than Dylan's, is better than anyone else today, and therefore is as close to Dylan as we will see in the next 20 years
Springsteen in concert is incredible. The man just knows how to put on a show....the one I went to was some 4 hours of music. Anyone will turn into a fan after seeing him live.
He closed with Jersey Girl in that concert, which because of the sheer quantity of his music he rarely does, and completely blew the crowd away. Easily one of the most memorable moments of my life.
Pearl Jam and Bruce are good nods for live shows, but no U2???? That's shameful...And forgot to mention the Jack White/Bob Dylan...Jack's talented as hell, but Bobby D, come on!... maybe I'm living in a cave, but last time I checked Jack White isn't leading a cultural revolution
Yea, yea U2 puts in a decent live show from footage I have seen, but they also haven't released a great album since Achtung Baby.
I like music!
In terms of live shows, nothing beats AC DC, watching their Live at Donnington DVD is ridiculous, and they are insane in concert. White Stripes are not a garage band, maybe their first CD sounded so becuase they were underfunded or whatever, but their style of music is COMPLETELY different than a garage band (i.e. their latest CD has a number of slower songs, something which is not charactristic of a garage band). Also, if you will read my posts, I explicitly state that White is not as culturally significant as Dylan, I just said that his lyrical style, though of a different subject matter than Dylan's, is better than anyone else today, and therefore is as close to Dylan as we will see in the next 20 years
AC/DC might be a good live show if they played good music, you reiterated my point about the garage band thing, and to even say "Jack White", "Bob Dylan", and "lyrical style" in the same sentence is sheer lunacy...am I not seeing your "sw" or something....

uh..AC DC does put out good music, go search for the highest selling albums of all time and see what you find...and yes, Jack White has some pretty damn good lyrics. Did i say they were as good as Dylan? No. Did I say they were better than anything else today? Yes. In that way, AND ONLY THAT WAY, is White comparable to Dylan in my estimation, in that they are both lyrically better than anyone else in their era. Anyone else who posts thinking that I am saying that White is as good as Dylan is retarded and needs to learn how to read

uh..AC DC does put out good music, go search for the highest selling albums of all time and see what you find
what i found was 2 backstreet boys, 2 britney spears, and an n'sync album in the top 70 or so....some other of your favorites???sales don't mean jack.

Sales dont mean a thing when it comes to talent.For example:A few years ago, the new Christina Aguilera (sp?) album came out and sold over a million copies in a week. Now, we can all agree on one thing: Eric Clapton is a guitar god. Correct? Well his new CD that came out that same week sold 78,000. Numbers dont mean a thing. I mean, damn Creed has a diamond album. That means there are 10 million idiots out there buying their shit.numbers = popularity, emphasis on POP, not talent or quality

Sales dont mean a thing when it comes to talent.For example:A few years ago, the new Christina Aguilera (sp?) album came out and sold over a million copies in a week. Now, we can all agree on one thing: Eric Clapton is a guitar god. Correct? Well his new CD that came out that same week sold 78,000. Numbers dont mean a thing. I mean, damn Creed has a diamond album. That means there are 10 million idiots out there buying their censored.numbers = popularity, emphasis on POP, not talent or quality
Actually Christina Aquillar's producer on that albumn is a undeniable genius. fwiw