when you moved up in limits....

How did you guys feel when you first moved up in limits? nervous? cocky? confident? How did you do the first week? How are you doing in general? I now have a $670 bankroll....Is this enough to move to $1-2 four tabling? I want to move up but just don't want to blow my BR. Does anyone know if $1-2 on party is as soft as $.5-1????

Yes thats plenty to 4 table 1/2 Just make sure your comfortable with the swings. If you find yourself worrying about the money move back down. Nothing screw's up your game like worrying about the money end of it.Edit : 1/2 is marginally better VERY marginally

Open two tables at the higher limit, and two tables at your regular (lower) limit (or one and one if you are playing two tables). I've found that this is an effective way to transition between limits. When you feel completely comfortable at the new limit the transition stage will be over.

Open two tables at the higher limit, and two tables at your regular (lower) limit (or one and one if you are playing two tables). I've found that this is an effective way to transition between limits. When you feel completely comfortable at the new limit the transition stage will be over.
I second that. That's the method I used to transition from 3/6-5/10, and from 5/10-10/20. Except for the fact that I only had two tables open at each time, not four. It worked well.

That's great that you think you are ready to move up in limits.This is what I did:and continue to do:Play 2 tables until I get more comfortable with the amount of the bets. Then I play 3 tables and eventually 4 tables.I keep track of BB won and lost at each session. If I lose more than 60BB in the first few sessions, I move back down. If I win, and continue to win, then I have sucessfully moved up to a higher limit. This way I'm not stuck on playing a higher limit and can let myself move back down to rebuild. This is my risk aversion non-gambler type of bankroll management. I don't ever want to have to buy in again...ever!

That's great that you think you are ready to move up in limits.This is what I did:and continue to do:Play 2 tables until I get more comfortable with the amount of the bets. Then I play 3 tables and eventually 4 tables.I keep track of BB won and lost at each session. If I lose more than 60BB in the first few sessions, I move back down. If I win, and continue to win, then I have sucessfully moved up to a higher limit. This way I'm not stuck on playing a higher limit and can let myself move back down to rebuild. This is my risk aversion non-gambler type of bankroll management. I don't ever want to have to buy in again...ever!
Thanks again for the great advice everyone! I'm going with the two tabling both limits...

Custom36 just gave me some great advice!1500 times the BB.If you're playing 1/2 the estimated BR should be $3,000.The way I see it:If you have $3,000 at 1/2 limit, you can take the worst bad beats of your life for months and not damage your BR. That's the whole point of 1500 times the BB.GL man, I think you'll do fine with 700+

Custom36 just gave me some great advice!1500 times the BB.If you're playing 1/2 the estimated BR should be $3,000.The way I see it:If you have $3,000 at 1/2 limit, you can take the worst bad beats of your life for months and not damage your BR. That's the whole point of 1500 times the BB.GL man, I think you'll do fine with 700+
1500 is too much. Maybe 1000 if you are reeeeaalllly risk-averse. Seriously, if you ever want to climb to higher limits you need to lower your bankroll standards. It would take you for-e-ver to move up with that kind of requirement.

It sounded like a lot to me also.BUTIt would be pretty nice to not have to worry about going broke which is what he's concerned about. With 1500 times the BB you're not going broke if you have any skill at all!

LOL...I don't think I'd be patient enough to wait for $3,000. Maybe $1,000 I can wait for....
As other people have said 1500 times the bb is just silly. You don't need that much to account for variance.
As other people have said 1500 times the bb is just silly. You don't need that much to account for variance.
i think the point of 1500xbb is that, if you're AT ALL scared about going bust, this totally alleviates that fear because it's such a ridiculously high number. this is a good thing, if you're going to have that "i'm never going to buyin again EVER" thing in the back of your head the whole time you're playing. as you get more confidence, this fear will go away, and you can move to 2/4 at 700xbb, 3/6 at 500, etc. until you're working within more conventional bankroll standards. it's not about variance. it's about confidence and never playing scared. that's the point, and it's a good one. you can't convince someone not to play scared; only money can do that.
I believe he was talking about 1/2 No Limit.
Custom36 just gave me some great advice!1500 times the BB.If you're playing 1/2 the estimated BR should be $3,000.The way I see it:If you have $3,000 at 1/2 limit, you can take the worst bad beats of your life for months and not damage your BR.  That's the whole point of 1500 times the BB.GL man, I think you'll do fine with 700+
I believe he was talking about 1/2 No Limit.
wow, I'm glad that I made this in my favorite threads as soon as stheif did it. anyone who ever has BR questions should look to this threadhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthre...rt=1&PHPSESSID=
He's playin NL not Limit. The article you posted is talking about 30/60 limit and so on.

When I posted earlier where everyone is saying he's playing NL not Limit.Limit = 300 x BBNL = 1500 x BB^ Standard BB structure according to FCP Vets.When I said, "1/2 limit" I mean, "1/2 limits"