in a room with the mouth, hellmuth, and gordon

You know, I wonder what Gordon's blog of this meeting would be?  Is Daniel talking trash too?Thanks DN... that was awesome!
Dear Diary,The other fella's were mean to me, kind of like that time Rodman was on the show. Then again rodman is mad that only people in 1998 care who he his. I think next year when I do my podcast from the WSOP I'll pretend not to notice Phil, cause my mom always said if you ignore them they will go away....that's how shannon elizabeth got me to leave her alone. I called Willie Garson to tell him how mean Phil was to me, but then willie said that even he was more famous than me...and willie's a C level celebrity, we only had him on the show because pauly shore cancelled. Well, things could be worse....I could be a budget boy or even Dutch Boyd....that would NOT be totally 1.4.ttyl,Phil.
God damn that is so funny... I hope this thread isnt over yet and that there is plenty more to come...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Is it me or does this have an even funnier flavor than when it happened live after the Gordon/Lindgren Phil blog/DN blog story lines have come out?I remember this live, I was laughing and trying to think of something funny to say, but how do you top Phil, Mike and Gordon with Daniel Negreanu to needle them?Incidently, this proves my theory that Bob spends his days reading through each and every post here to find anyone that's tried to hijack a thread by talking about food. Thanks Bob

how do you top Phil, Mike and Gordon with Daniel Negreanu to needle them?
You put Jennifer Tilly in there so she can check down a full house because she thought her opponent had quads. Of course then you'd have to have Ivey there to make the priceless face he did.
Matusow: If we played on PPV we'd make $2 million a year each dude.Me: No chance.Hellmuth: First of all, if we did do that it wouldn't be a 50/50 split. I'd ask for more than you.Gordon: It's so good to be a poker player these days with none of them understanding business.
Speaking of wrestling and pay per view, this episode of comments is like some bizarre Wrestlemania of Poker, but because Phil Gordon is there, more like the old school versions of WWF wrestling on television where you had a sucker heel always get beat by the popular wrestler or hated villain.It's the poker equivalent of having the Million Dollar Man, Randy Savage, Bret the Hitman Hart and the Brooklyn Brawler, with Phil Gordon being the Brooklyn Brawler and Mike Matusow as Rowdy Roddy Piper.Actually, after writing that, I have to apologize to the Brooklyn Brawler . . . Ha! I mean, Phil Gordon seemed ok, just another vanilla poker commentator in a very vanilla Poker show that had celebrities in it, but his opinion of himself far exceeds his actual popularity.

Many thanks to whoever bumped this. OMFG. Just OMFG. No joke, I feel like I got paid a visit by the Ghost of Christmas Future pointing out the horrid, miserable fate that awaits me unless I mend the evilness in my heart and change my wicked ways...Good grief, what a hell of a wake-up call.

Gordon: I would bet my Q rating vs any poker player in the world.
Actually, it would be more on point if all three of them went in for a psych eval together and bet who's the most f*cked up. If you want to give everyone a fighting chance, you could lay separate odds on Axis I II III IV and V... (http://allpsych.com/disorders/dsm.html) LOL!I'm sure they're all overestimating their recognizability, anyway. True story: my friends and I like to practice character-reading by playing "What's My Line" with photos of random people: try to guess the subject's occupation and make as many observations about their personality as you can before you hear their bio. One day, I used a photo of Phil Hellmuth. Instant reaction? "Oh, he looks like Esa-Pekka Salonen." (A famous conductor and contemporary classical music composer.) What's ironic is that before I totally got into poker, that's what I thought too. (i.e. "there's that Salonen-looking dude"). So not only is there a whole universe of people out there who couldn't care less about poker and don't know Hellmuth from Adam, when they see him, they automatically think of someone else. LOL!http://www.ffaire.com/sonning/salonen.JPGIf you imagine him sunglasses and sports clothes, it's hilarious.