• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feller, 1940, bitches
heh it was answeredyes the answer was 0 for maris - can you explain why a guy setting the home run record would never be walked mexico?
Thats a pretty easy question Keith. He was hitting in front of Mickey Mantle.That would be like walking Jeff Kent to get to Barry Bonds during that year Kent won MVP. Sure, Kent was having a great year. But you dont ever walk Jeff to get to Barry. Just like you never walk maris to get to mantle.
how about this, the only pitcher to throw a no-hitter and lose...
It was some nobody on the yankees wasnt it??
the Braves had 2 pitchers combine for a no-hitter and lost 1-0 a few years ago...don't remember who they were though...maybe Smolz or Glavine and some other guy?

Who was the only NFL team to go 0-for a decade against another team?(for Ron Mexico and other dolphins fans): Who caught Dan Marino's record setting TD pass?Who holds the record for most yards receiving in a single game??

the Braves had 2 pitchers combine for a no-hitter and lost 1-0 a few years ago...don't remember who they were though...maybe Smolz or Glavine and some other guy?
I'm not sure about this, I remember when Kent Merker and a couple of other guys combined for one, but I think they won that game. Anyway, there's a pitcher who threw a complete game no-hitter and lost. I think most receiving yards in a game is Flipper Anderson.
I'm not sure about this, I remember when Kent Merker and a couple of other guys combined for one, but I think they won that game. Anyway, there's a pitcher who threw a complete game no-hitter and lost. I think most receiving yards in a game is Flipper Anderson.
Allright, this is going to bug me because I know Merker started the game and Alejandro Pena closed the game, but I don't know who else pitched in the game and I'm too lazy to look it up. Anyone know who else was in the game? I'm a lifelong Braves fan, but this is one I couldn't remember.My question, how many Braves starting shortstops have not been named Rafael since 1985. Now, that's full season starting, not spot or fill in players.
You're not throwing us a switch hitting al pitcher are you?Hell if I were rollie fingers i'd tell people I could hit from both sides of the plate. Here's one: who the hell is Zoilo Versalles and how did he win an MVP award - i've never heard of him
Zoilo Versalles was a slick-fielding SS with the Minnesota Twins in the mid-60s. He won the MVP when he had his pretty much only decent year with the bat. Couple other contenders split the vote.As implied, he's one of the less memorable MVPs in AL history.

I assume we're no longer counting guys like harvey haddix who gave up a hit and lost in the 12thspeaking of which anyone see the recent costas on hbo where they chronicled the greatest feat in baseball history - Dock Ellis not knowing what day it was and thus pitching a no hitter on lsdman i'd love to see that after game press conference

Allright, this is going to bug me because I know Merker started the game and Alejandro Pena closed the game, but I don't know who else pitched in the game and I'm too lazy to look it up. Anyone know who else was in the game? I'm a lifelong Braves fan, but this is one I couldn't remember.
I looked it up, it was Wohlers. And let's see about the shortstops, there was Walt Weiss, Jeff Blauser, um, that's all I can think of, so 2?
Yes on Flipper. No one knows who the only NFL team to get owned for a whole decade is???
Allright, this is going to bug me because I know Merker started the game and Alejandro Pena closed the game, but I don't know who else pitched in the game and I'm too lazy to look it up. Anyone know who else was in the game? I'm a lifelong Braves fan, but this is one I couldn't remember.
I looked it up, it was Wohlers. And let's see about the shortstops, there was Walt Weiss, Jeff Blauser, um, that's all I can think of, so 2?
I don't think Weiss counts. Possibly, I forgot about him. Jeff Blauser is the oddball. I don't know what to do when we lose Furcal at the end of the year. We have had Furcal, Belliard and Ramirez.
Baseball?And no one wants hockey questions??.. ok i'l go to the next best thingwho is the most succesful PGA player to have never won a major?
Isn't that a subjective question? Sergio? DiMarco? or are you talking all time?
Baseball?And no one wants hockey questions??.. ok i'l go to the next best thingwho is the most succesful PGA player to have never won a major?
Isn't that a subjective question? Sergio? DiMarco? or are you talking all time?
no no..its easy. .If you were to take all the players who have never wona major, who would be the all time money, and wins leadre out of those players?
The 49ers used to kick the rams every time for a whileis there a minimum of games played?
they played twice a year the whole decade....and it was not 49ers and Rams although that is a good guess....
i thought it was davis love for a while but he won one
yeah he won at winged foot....the PGA. Royal this question is fraught with difficulties. I mean does the Euro tour count?? Because then the answer is Colin Montgomarie by a landslide.
yeah he won at winged foot....the PGA. Royal this question is fraught with difficulties. I mean does the Euro tour count?? Because then the answer is Colin Montgomarie by a landslide.
No no!.. comon the PGA.. it's not a difficult question if you know your golf!.think boys.. think
No no!.. comon the PGA.. it's not a difficult question if you know your golf!.think boys.. think
gosh then it would have to be someone recent who always finishes high but never seems to win.Brad Faxon fits the bill. I go with him.
gosh then it would have to be someone recent who always finishes high but never seems to win.Brad Faxon fits the bill. I go with him.
incorrect.I'l be in and out of the office., so u wont have the answer till later.key word "success"