folded to victory on absolute

i had the same thing happen yesterday.. i was playing in a $20 NLHE HU and after the first hand.. he sat out and folded everything to me.. took quit some time for the blinds to eat him up though..

Not sure what just happened.Playing in a $5 w/ rebuys on absolute. Player Brian is dominating with 2 tables left, i'm 2nd in chips. He proceeds to knock out probably 12 of the final 16 players. We get down to heads up, he has a huge chip lead almost 450,000 to 90,000. WE battle it out HU for about 40 hands and I work my way up to 250,000 in chips. Next hand I pick up QQ and take down a 80,000 chip pot and take the lead. Then he just leaves and gets blinded out...Took home my 2nd win in as many weeks. Just couldn't figure it out though. He was playing really well, then just up and leaves after I make my comeback? Anybody ever have this happen?? I'll post hand histories if no one believes me...lol?????1st payed $4402nd payed $292
this has happen to me, but i was the one who looked like the idiot that left. in no way did i leave the game but in fact, i was the one that smashed,threw, ripped apart,my mouse. i no longer get mad at my mouse. It can cost you alot of money.
Not sure what just happened.Playing in a $5 w/ rebuys on absolute. Player Brian is dominating with 2 tables left, i'm 2nd in chips. He proceeds to knock out probably 12 of the final 16 players. We get down to heads up, he has a huge chip lead almost 450,000 to 90,000. WE battle it out HU for about 40 hands and I work my way up to 250,000 in chips. Next hand I pick up QQ and take down a 80,000 chip pot and take the lead. Then he just leaves and gets blinded out...Took home my 2nd win in as many weeks. Just couldn't figure it out though. He was playing really well, then just up and leaves after I make my comeback? Anybody ever have this happen?? I'll post hand histories if no one believes me...lol?????1st payed $4402nd payed $292
this has happen to me, but i was the one who looked like the idiot that left. in no way did i leave the game but in fact, i was the one that smashed,threw, ripped apart,my mouse. i no longer get mad at my mouse. It can cost you alot of money.
Dont bang the table, spilling your pop all over the keyboard either.Boy was my wife pi$$ed when I ran over to her computer and stole her keyboard so I could finish. Boy did that cost me.
Guest Anonymous
Looks like the Jackel get's a woody every time Royal posts....maybe it's Royals avatar...or maybe the Jackel wants Royal.....not sure which yet.
First of all, Royal is my property, prison style. Secondly, TheJackal is either attempting to push buttons or be funny. Unsuccessful on both accounts.
Yes sir.
On the contrary, regardless of my intentions,judging by his response, it looks like its not hard to hit Royal's buttons, although I concede that that is your responsibility Mexico, I'll leave him to you.
this thread annoyed me so much, I just had to register.my impressions of this thread (if you manage to get past the part that says '1post'):Royal Tour's reply has no relevance to the situation and only serves his own selfish purposes (venting), while doing the original poster a disservice by focusing the thread on himselfnot a huge dealm and yes, it could be just let go, but the Jackal decides to call him on itRoyal Tour is too proud or stubborn to admit that the Jackal is rightActually, Royal Tour has more posts so he is always right because it is safer and easier to support the guys with more posts and pile on the other guyFor some reason 'quantity' = status here and people have no shame and kiss up to the heavy postersIf you don't like someone's post you can just challenge him to a high stakes game, because that will somehow prove something... at least what a big man you are, that you will play for $5K (or at least talk about it)The Jackal is personally insulted because that is the only other way meatheads know how to pile on and show how cool they arethe new guy is flamed by the knobs in in this thread (stay tuned)
I picked up on the relevance the moment I read Royal's first post on here, then he posted again how the 2 situations were related, nad he did quite well. Reread if it helps.That said, nice first post. I agree with everything else you said here.Now lets focus on the OP for a sec:Having played on AP quite a bit this year, I've had that happen several times as well. Not sure, but I suspect connect problems, most likely on the user's end. AP has been very good about refunding when its their fault, and that happens there much less than it used to. Their upgrades are coming more frequently and really improving the site, IMO.

My friend was playing 3 handed in a MTT last week and had over 75% of the chips in play. It's 5am, in walks his wife, and out goes the plug on the computer. There goes the the trip to NY for the wife.

I feel for brian. He probably got pee'ed off and left.I played in a S n G the other day, down to the last 6 guys, i knock out 4, and i'm heads up with a short stack weiner.I get a piece of the flop., middle pair i think., I push him all in.. he called with nothing, but Q high. and he hit a runner runner flush.ok. w.e. well that sort of crap continued until i became short stacked and had to push with A,x and lose to his garbage again.
do you really think he left because he was mad, rather than just stay there and at least have a chance at winning? i mean, do you really think that? hes in the final 2 of a mtt and hes just gonna leave when he gets mad? please.this post was rediculous. why is everyone defending it? it is boarderline relevant and it suggests a completely stupid idea so stop defending this post.
Guest Anonymous

i have to agree with thejackal and verbal kint. the post that Royal tour made is irrelevant to the OP. Verbal Kint said it best. royal is to stubborn to admit he was wrong.teneightps. nice first post verbal kint

I feel for brian. He probably got pee'ed off and left.I played in a S n G the other day, down to the last 6 guys, i knock out 4, and i'm heads up with a short stack weiner.I get a piece of the flop., middle pair i think., I push him all in.. he called with nothing, but Q high. and he hit a runner runner flush.ok. w.e. well that sort of crap continued until i became short stacked and had to push with A,x and lose to his garbage again.
There is a bad beat forum.
There is also a thread talking about a guy who won a MTT cuz he made a miracle come back against the chip leader.hmm. wait a second, thats this thread. I think its safe to say my reply belongs here, and does not needs its own thread started.
Your SnG experience does not have any relevance to this, but I'm glad you got to vent and feel better. If you don't want to use the bad beat forum next time, then I don't really care if you use this BB properly or not. Just trying to show you around the placAs for the absolute tournament, if the guy eliminated 12 people in such a short span, maybe he was just desperately trying to finish things up because he had to leave, and was going all in like crazy. Seems more likely than him just getting frustrated and walking away while heads up.
Royal Tour did nothing wrong and you are now on my list of people to beat down with my cat.
There is a bad beat forum.
There is also a thread talking about a guy who won a MTT cuz he made a miracle come back against the chip leader.hmm. wait a second, thats this thread. I think its safe to say my reply belongs here, and does not needs its own thread started.
Your SnG experience does not have any relevance to this, but I'm glad you got to vent and feel better. If you don't want to use the bad beat forum next time, then I don't really care if you use this BB properly or not. Just trying to show you around the placAs for the absolute tournament, if the guy eliminated 12 people in such a short span, maybe he was just desperately trying to finish things up because he had to leave, and was going all in like crazy. Seems more likely than him just getting frustrated and walking away while heads up.
Royal Tour did nothing wrong and you are now on my list of people to beat down with my cat.
what an idiotic thing to say

I sat out with a stack of 4,000 halfway through a tourney the other day and somehow finished eleventh. Granted, there were only a 150 people left at that point (out of 250) but i somehow ended up finishing eleventh. I have no idea how that happened but it was a pleasent surprise.

Nobody goes on poker forums to back someone they dunno with their first post. I don't think ppl on these things are that classy. Anyways yo, dna4eva, feelin' the pictures. That guy shittin in his sleep got me rofl. Keep it up. And yeah sitting out is cool if u got nothin to lose which is basically never.

2 posters i've never had a problem with but...First off Don, If you're going to tell someone they are ridiculous, at least learn how to spell ridiculous.Second off Teneight, if you can show me 5% of your posts that have any relevance to the topics being discussed in a positive manner, i will retract this statement, but i know for a fact, most of your posts are drivel.I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out the blatant attack made by the jackal on my post, and anyone else who felt my post did not directly aid the OP.Look people, your on a forum, and comments and stories are exchanged, have u never had a conversation that switched from one subject to another because of a slight comparison in stories?? My response could have been overlooked, and you people could have posted helpfull comments yourselves rather then pointless flames.Only one post by Don actually made sense to quote me, and that was his questioning actually leaving a game because your on tilt. Which is far fetched and probably would never happen.Feel free to check all my posts, not once have i ever used the (SW) and i dont plan on starting now. if you dont see any humour in my posts, then do not quote me.

First off Don, If you're going to tell someone they are ridiculous, at least learn how to spell ridiculous.
well i was close. but at least i didnt say you were a bad speller, and then misspell that. you are right your post should have been overlooked. jackel didnt need to point it out. only when it became a big argument did i coment on it becuase there were a lot of idiots defending people purely based on post counts which is ridiculous, with an I. :wink: