and the best structure award for poker site goes too

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugsy's Club$10000 starting stacks with $25/50 blinds. 10 minute rounds.
where's the controversy people.
Bugsy's Club$10000 starting stacks with $25/50 blinds. 10 minute rounds.
where's the controversy people.
How fast do the blinds move up (example, 25/50, 50/100, 100/200, etc...)or something better?
i was thinking structure as in overall software and all that stuff.
Okay, I still like UltimateBet. You don't have to open browser windows to use the bank or the customer support. The tabbed interface isn't the easiest to learn to navigate, but once you learn it, it's smoother than anyone else's.SitnGos are somewhat less convenient than before the recent overhaul, but now at least people with dialup or laggy connections have a chance to play them. No more fast fingers required.The tables rotate to put you right in the foreground of your window. The default chat is integrated, not a side window. There are no silly cartoon avatars. There is a mini-view that is less than 1/4 the size of a full window, for those with lower resolutions who want to multitable.Bonuses can be cleared even at the micromicrolimit tables. It's excruciatingly slow, but it can be done. Best bonus clearing rate is $15 +per hour, 3-tabling at $1-$2 and above.Shall I go on?Mensch

hey no where in his post did he say the word tournament. you would think he would say that word when hes talking about tournament structures. if he is talking about tournament structures then he shouldve been more clear. i was thinking structure as in overall software and all that stuff.You are so very wrong. . .

hey no where in his post did he say the word tournament... ...if he is talking about tournament structures then he shouldve been more clear.
If by structure he meant anything besides tournaments, it was poor word choice.
i was thinking structure as in overall software and all that stuff.
I just wouldn't think that myself with the word structure.And to answer the OP, after having tried Party, PStars, Capt. Cooks, Ultimate Bet and Pokerroom, Ulitimate Bet has been the best in terms of tournament structure. Not even close. 12 minute levels. Small incremental blind increases. Just a superior sight for SnG's and MTT's.

It is really a shame to see how just flat out wrong, uninformed and bordering on retarded so many of you are.First of all... My opinion of pokerstars has nothing to do with how good the structure there is. Oh, and if you think interface or software is the same a structure, please find a dictionary. Now... It's really not that hard to do a little math, and look how fast the blinds go up, and what levels you are at after certain amounts of time. Now look at the time levels... 12 minutes for UB.... now go in an hour and see what level your at. Ok? Follow me?Now... look at pokerstars structure, and go in an hour through their structure... 10 minutes i believe? And tell me what level you're at. Now do the same at Full Tilt? and Party? And wherever the hell else you want to argue? UB is the best, it's not a matter of opinion or argument you ignorant thick headed ass monkeys!Now I haven't done the math for bugsy's club... but you would need to get the chips evened out, so you would want to divide starting chips into the starting blinds and figure it out through another formula, but after an hour or two, figure out which M is better compared to the starting stack. All depends how fast the levels go up. But I have played at most of these sites... UB is so deep and slow moving that you actually need to adjust your game for it. It's easily the best. So please save all your OPINIONS for another discussion, this isn't a matter of opinion!Oh, and so I'm not appearing biased... I don't even play at UB... I play at Full Tilt.

Suited up, you are right on the $. I started out playing SnG's and MTT on UB and love it. And if I am correct, they changed the starting chips and blinds a few months ago, and it easily made them the best out of all the other sites. When a 10 person SnG can last over an hour and a half, it's a great structure. P.S.: Why don't you play at UB?

Suited up, you are right on the $. I started out playing SnG's and MTT on UB and love it. And if I am correct, they changed the starting chips and blinds a few months ago, and it easily made them the best out of all the other sites. When a 10 person SnG can last over an hour and a half, it's a great structure. P.S.: Why don't you play at UB?
I dunno really... Played a lil bit to clear a PSO bonus and just didn't have a ton of luck. Honestly didn't see a whole lot of good cards for some reason.
hey no where in his post did he say the word tournament. you would think he would say that word when hes talking about tournament structures. if he is talking about tournament structures then he shouldve been more clear. i was thinking structure as in overall software and all that stuff.
You are so very wrong. . .wrong about what? he doesnt have the word tournament in his post thats all i said. and i was right about that so what the fuck are you talking about?and learn how to quote

Looks like I shoulda made the thread more clearer. Sorry all, I was up for more than I day when I wrote it. But take the thread as it is.drama-free.gifThe main reason of this thread was to see which site was best for having a personal tournament that peeps could go to.

Looks like I shoulda made the thread more clearer. Sorry all, I was up for more than I day when I wrote it. But take the thread as it is.drama-free.gifThe main reason of this thread was to see which site was best for having a personal tournament that peeps could go to.
UB or Full Tilt are the best I think. GamesGrid also seems to have been very accomodating to the players too. Not sure what the default structures are though.
hey no where in his post did he say the word tournament. you would think he would say that word when hes talking about tournament structures. if he is talking about tournament structures then he shouldve been more clear. i was thinking structure as in overall software and all that stuff.
You are so very wrong. . .
wrong about what? he doesnt have the word tournament in his post thats all i said. and i was right about that so what the fuck are you talking about?and learn how to quoteMaybe structure really means how they set up their IT Dept. UB has the best server farm but I think that the source code for Full Tilt is slighty better than the other sites, don't you?.Or perhaps he is refering to the corporate structure? Check out that CEO over at Stars.There also is the outside chance he is talking about the actual structures in which these companies are physically housed. Which one is made of the best lumber and steel? Which is the prettiest to look at? Party may suck but the view is wonderful!I believe someone used the phrase Ass Clown at some point in this thread. I would quote it but I'm still learning how.
This shouldn't be a competition. I can't speak for the smaller sites, but if you want a decent prize pool, then UB is the winner by far. Seriously, it's not even a competition. Anyone who thinks PS is better is on crack. No, I'm not kidding, there's absolutely NO question.
hahahah good one, stars has the biggest prize pools, by far. prove me wrong, will you?
Another rack......Maybe you've been typing that for 2 hours... either that or you just missed this.
This shouldn't be a competition. I can't speak for the smaller sites, but if you want a decent prize pool, then UB is the winner by far. Seriously, it's not even a competition. Anyone who thinks PS is better is on crack. No, I'm not kidding, there's absolutely NO question.
hahahah good one, stars has the biggest prize pools, by far. prove me wrong, will you?
Tournament structure has nothing to do with the size of the prize pool. If I was going to have a $5 million guarantee, but you started out with 1000 chips and the blinds at 25/50, would that be a good structure? Like Suited_Up, I'm amazed how many of you don't understand the question. Discounting prize pools, customer service, software, and other components of a site that have nothing to do with the OP's question, UB and FTP have the best blind structures for tournaments. I've never played on Bugsy's, nor have I seen their blinds strucutre in print, so I can't comment on it. Patrick