im such a donk

SB is strange. I havnt got a good read on him yet but he does a lot of open completing and very few raising preflop.15/30 (3 handed)I get A :) ,4 :D in the BB.button folds, SB completes, I raise?flop is 4 :club: ,3 :) ,2 :) SB bets, I call planing to raise the turn.turn is the 7 :D Sb bets, I call?river is the J :D Sb bets, I call?rip me apart

I'd go ahead and raise the flop because there are so many hands you could be raising with that villain gets little information.I think raising is better on the turn. Why did you just call the flop if you aren't raising the turn?

Somewhere in there you need a raise... Otherwise you get to the river and have no idea where you are at in the hand. I would say raise on the flop, and if it gets 3 bet give him credit for 2 pair or a straight and fold. Raising will probably slow him down on the subsequent streets to, and make later decisions much easier.

You raise it PF, then cold-call the flop withTPTK? I would have raised there, you mayat the very least gotten yourself to the riverfor free with some aggression here.As for you saying you plan to raise the turn, aside from another 4, or an ace, what card exactlyare you hoping for on the turn that would be of any help to you?Take the lead and try and ride it all the way to a free showdown, or if he's really passive, try and make him lay it down if UI.

Raise pre-flop.Raise flop.Raise turn.Turn raise should get you a free showdown if you want it.Don't value call your nuts on the flop, Fillmaff, raise it. If you are going to call, then raise any turn regardless. You said you were planning to and then got scared. You should have thought about what cards could have come that scare you, then decided your flop play.

Either way preflop. I don't think checking or raising is a much of a mistake(but your sig is "push edges", so go ahead and raise :wink:)On the flop I would raiseAfter he checks it to me on the turn I would bet and fold to a crEither way, check behind on the riverobviously you can dump a if a horrid card comes off(i don't think the 7 :club: is bad unless he raises you)-Travis

why raise flop as opposed to raising the turn? If he has a pair and a straight or flush draw he is actually a favorite. Why not wait and raise a safe turn?
I like your line too. But I usually like to take contol of these hands in position(esp 3 handed where he could have anything from 5, to bottom pair, flush draw, overpair)A lot of times you'll get a fold on the flop or turn. Plus don't let him get away with that goofy bet into you after you raised the flop crap(esp with tptk)You might be right here though, because you still find out where you are with a turn raise(which i think you should do regardless of the 7 :club: ).I'll ask the boss about it.-Travis
why raise flop as opposed to raising the turn? If he has a pair and a straight or flush draw he is actually a favorite. Why not wait and raise a safe turn?
what turn card is gonna be safe for this hand other then a third four?

Althought I would prefer a check preflop, I don't think it's wrong to raise preflop. U can argue both sides on this issue.On the flop, you must raise. Since you raised preflop and took control you can't just call a bet on the flop w/ tptk. I'm sure he took this as weakness which is why he kept betting into u. Also, you must protect ur top pair since its easily susceptible to overcards and if u hit 2pair with the ace ur not too happy with the wheel possibility out there. Take control of the flop and re-evaluate on the turn. With the 7h i would definitely bet here and its a close call between folding to a c/r and calling down. It depends on your read and the type of player ur facing. If he's capable of semibluffing or flat out bluffing with any overcards on this turn then I don't think calling down is a bad idea.Also, if he 3bets u preflop I think u have to call down as he could be doing this with a semibluff or top pair worse kicker unless u have a good read.

a lot of themmost non baby non heart cards
I don't see how u can say that.
How the hell do you figure? He could have anything andany overcard, 2,3 or ace could spell disaster. You should 3-bet flop.

i think 45 could be a possible holding that would lead out on all streets.i'd raise the flop with TP gutshot...but everyone is saying that so yea...dont have much to say.- Jordan

How the hell do you figure? He could have anything andany overcard, 2,3 or ace could spell disaster. You should 3-bet flop.
Heads up i dont think you worry so much about overcards. Also, do you put him on a range of hands or just think "he bet".