fitness challenge

Just had this idea, wondering if anyone wants to participate. If we get some people who are up for it, we could have a get in shape type challenge with a time limit (1-2 months?). The exact rules aren't really important right now, but is anyone up for it? America needs to stop being so damn lazy, and besides, we would be able to beat up french people more effeciently. No offense to the french.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wildly guessing, of course, but I'd be willing to bet that people on this forum as a whole are probably in a lot better shape than the national average (whatever that may be).Now if we could run a "get fat and out of shape" competition I might be up for that! :club:

I'd be up for said fitness challenge.The only time I'm motivated to work out is when a Challenge has been issued.Shaun

I'd be up for it, I played sports through high school and college, but now that I've been out of school for a few years without a coach making me run and lift weights, I lack motivation, so a challenge might be enough to get me going again. I guess that make 3 of us.

Ok, we'll try to get a few more. Anyone have any suggestions for rules? Does everyone have access to a machine that can measure body fat, muscle mass, etc? Do you want to have before and after photos?

Personally I don't have access to anything other than a scale. I guess the challenge I'd be up for would be something like a weight loss challenge. I've ballooned up to almost 240 and would like to get back down to 210ish.

That's fine, we don't have to have set stipulations; different people go in different directions with their workouts. I'm in the process of trying to gain some mass right now, and then I'm going to cut down (yes, I'm gaining mass in the summer like an idiot). If we don't hear from anyone else in a week we'll get started.

I have a better idea. Lets devise an overly complicated, and elaborate wagering system for the show “Celebrity Fit Club”.
I want Janie, but you need to give me at least 10:1.

alright I'm in I havent really gotten any real motivation to lose weight in a long time since high school(3 years ago), poker has always been my excuse not to lose weight I still weight lift alot though,im in the 230's i want to go below 200.

Ok, here's what I think should happen. Starting August first, everyone has to record their data and post it. Then at the end of the month, everyone has to post again, with the new data. There is really no way to measure who wins or loses, as people have different goals in mind, but we have to post our information so we have motivation (marion don't worry that you're a girl and i'm asking for your weight cause you're too sexy to worry about that). If you want to do before and after pics that's fine too. I'm going to get my body fat tested tomorrow at the gym.

Whether it's a contest or just camaraderiea, count me in. I've been losing weight with Weight Watchers over the past 10 weeks and am really close to my goal. I could use some motivation for the home stretch.

what? thats it we only post at the beginning of the month and at the end. Nothing in between wheres the motivation in that?
I would also like to see more than just two posts, like a beginning of the week thing or something like that.

I meant that that we would update and re-evaluate our goals at the one month mark. Of course we can post more than that, the point is to keep everyone interested and motivated.

Count me in -- I'm already working on getting in better condition. When you get a little older, you know, you have to work harder to stay in shape. Just post the guideline, etc. It is always more fun to have others encourage you to reach your goal.

Ok, looks like we have plenty of people ready to go. If anyone has any suggestions to improve the guidelines let me know, this is the first time I'm doing this so I'm just throwing things out there.-Starting August 1st, post any and all information you can that can be evaluated to see results. Height, weight, any measurements, bfp, etc.-List your goals. What are you hoping to achieve by doing this?-Keep records. How long the workout was, what you did, what you ate during the day. If you cheat, you're only cheating yourself.-Any more suggestions?

If this is a Challenge and not just a fitness support group (and i'm not saying there would be anything wrong with that) should there be some kind of target/end date? One time me and two friends challenged each other to lose a specified percentage of bodyweight, since losing x number of pounds is not equal for persons of differing sizes.Since people here are of different sizes/shapes and have different fitness goals, maybe the best thing to do is post stats on Aug. 1 then after some time (6months/ 1yr?) we could vote on who the "winner(s)" are.And then Daniel gives them an all expenses paid trip to Vegas to work out with him. (sw)Alrighty, off to gain some weight before Aug so my stats will be more impressive.Shaun

I am in. I think you should just post whenever you want during the (?two?) months. Like what you do during the day, week, etc.How about this...we all state our goals on August first, and then whomever achieves their desired goal is the winner?

How about this...we all state our goals on August first, and then whomever achieves their desired goal is the winner?
But what if there is some moron who says they only want to lose 5 pounds while the rest of us are trying to lose 20 or more.
How about this...we all state our goals on August first, and then whomever achieves their desired goal is the winner?
But what if there is some moron who says they only want to lose 5 pounds while the rest of us are trying to lose 20 or more.
Hmmm...how about this. Everyone posts their starting stats, and their desired goals. Then at the end, everyone posts their finishing results and we vote on the winner...?