on-line as a "profession"

10k / month is my min. goal... and depending on mtt sucess this number is sometimes crushed...Those who think this is a lot of money just aren't good players...when i was in school I would routinely make 10k a week...... I dont post to brag.
that was a lot of bragging for a guy who doesnt post to brag.
ty for your input... if it's interpreted this way then i'll edit/ n/m, ill just delete it, b/c I actually like to be discrete about my online 'career', but since others in the forum were open I tried to be, but it doesnt matter to me b/c Im just in online for the money, someday the tourney trail is for the respect...but my bad, b/c it's not in my nature to be boastful... and it's too hard to read intent through a post..
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

10k / month is my min. goal... and depending on mtt sucess this number is sometimes crushed...Those who think this is a lot of money just aren't good players...when i was in school I would routinely make 10k a week...... I dont post to brag.
and blaze... the editing, ie the (...) reminds me of that George Bush State of the Union video that is edited on those comedy websites... you can get almost any posts to sound how you want them to that way. I specifically state that I'm hesistant b/c many 'pros' would laugh at my rate b/c some REALLy crush the game...
I've made about $10,000 a month since I moved up to $5/$10 about three moths ago. Before that I was doing probably $4 or $5k a month at 3/6 but I was playing less hands. I'e really been focusing on getting a lot of hands recently.It's not the bulk of my income, but I'll never be homeless while internet poker is around.
This is pretty realistic at 5/10 if he gets in close to 1k hands a day. All you haters who aren't winning players and refuse to believe anyone can win at online poker... here is an example of where it ends up...
ty for your input... if it's interpreted this way then i'll edit/ n/m, ill just delete it, b/c I actually like to be discrete about my online 'career', but since others in the forum were open I tried to be, but it doesnt matter to me b/c Im just in online for the money, someday the tourney trail is for the respect...but my bad, b/c it's not in my nature to be boastful... and it's too hard to read intent through a post..
i didn't interpret it to be bragging -- no need to edit/delete. it's nice to read others' poker histories.
krup24 Post Posted: Wed, Jul 13th, 2005 9:54 Post subject:Smasharoo wrote:I've made about $10,000 a month since I moved up to $5/$10 about three moths ago. Before that I was doing probably $4 or $5k a month at 3/6 but I was playing less hands. I'e really been focusing on getting a lot of hands recently.It's not the bulk of my income, but I'll never be homeless while internet poker is around.So your making 120K per year playing online poker Rolling EyesAre you planning on curing cancer next?
I love how anything Smash says people are so skeptical of. He's singlehandedly polarized much of this forum.Anyways, why is making that much from online poker so hard to believe?I have a feeling that who posted it has a lot to do with it. Anything Smash says people immediately have to question. Well the guy who hooks me up with rakeback made like $60,000 in half a year last year and it was his first year playing online poker, so it's doable.

im just getting started with some serious limit holdem play on party poker. i built my bankroll form 50 to 500 on pokerstars and moved it to party and i have been doing great 4 tabling the 1-2 level, and im probly moving to 2-4 soon. when i return to college after the summer online poker is probly gonna be my only income. so really, if anyone puts in the time the can make a lot playing online poker.

I've made about $10,000 a month since I moved up to $5/$10 about three moths ago. Before that I was doing probably $4 or $5k a month at 3/6 but I was playing less hands. I'e really been focusing on getting a lot of hands recently.It's not the bulk of my income, but I'll never be homeless while internet poker is around.
yeah right

oh, oh, oh, I have a question! Who do you guys make your money off of? Just curious because you can go to every forum on the web and ask who's winning and who's losing and it's funny but everyone is winning and nobody is losing. Puzzling isn't it? I mean, I really dont care because internet poker sucks and I don't play it but it seems to me like not only are there alot of internet players out there wish they REALLY knew how to play poker but the vast majority of them are outright bold-faced liars too! Now fess up guys, some of you suck and you know it! ROFLMAO what a joke, I made 57,000,000,000,000.23 on the internet last month alone, playing .25/.50 limit. LOL, what a crock and what a bunch of phonies!

yeah rightLosing players rule.You guys must not have a pattern mapper to adjust to the non random shuffles or something.If you want the truth, I'm UNDERESTIMATING how much I'll make this year./shrug.Anyone that's played Party 5/10 for any legnth of time can tell you it's easily beatable for 2BB+/100.I'm not sure where all the skepticism comes from.I guess if I was a losing player, I might come to the conclusion that everyone else was, too.

oh, oh, oh, I have a question!  Who do you guys make your money off of?  Just curious because you can go to every forum on the web and ask who's winning and who's losing and it's funny but everyone is winning and nobody is losing.  Puzzling isn't it?  I mean, I really dont care because internet poker sucks and I don't play it but it seems to me like not only are there alot of internet players out there wish they REALLY knew how to play poker but the vast majority of them are outright bold-faced liars too!  Now fess up guys, some of you suck and you know it!  ROFLMAO  what a joke, I made 57,000,000,000,000.23 on the internet last month alone, playing .25/.50 limit.  LOL, what a crock and what a bunch of phonies!
it's true, supposedly only 10% of poker players are winners (some cardplayer article, and yes from my previous (even though I deleted some of it) post i claim to be in the group)of course only the players know if they are winning or not, doesnt make you any money to lie, but I would think that more than 10% of posters are winners--if someone actually takes the time and work to join a forum, read and learn about poker, and play within their limits (br and skill wise) then they prob are winners, -- a lot of people approach internet poker as gambling, just like at blackjack or craps,(you wouldnt believe plays that I see (5/10 nl, 15/30limit), they are there to have a good time--- so while you are skeptical, and surely some people lie and are actually losers, a lot of people do very well online,-- we don't look for validation through other people though, our bank accounts are all we need for that, and credit card bills are the evidence of losing.--so far as vast majority, that claim is just unwarranted... only a loser would waste time talking about how they're winning if they're really losing, but by the tone of a post, or a posters history, should give you some insight as to if they are bullsh.... or just adding to the information in the forumbut whatever......all i care about is the dollars...I'm rich bi*tchhhhhhhhhhhhhh (Not directed at you, from Chappelle for all you guys that dont know (ala confusion w/ tyrone biggums), and I'm not rich yet but working on it)

lol smash, you are such a retard. Good thing you found a group of guillable sheep here to follow you around and sniff your jock, lol. I never said everyone was a losing player, and I'm not. I don't play on the internet, I only play live where the game is not one dimensional. But you believe what you want I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else, unlike you who constantly has to talk about your greatness and how much you make and how you need people to worship you. You ain't nothing but another 16 yr old computer dork who is craving attention. Now, back to my original statement, who is lying because you all aren't winning players guys, it's the nature of the beast, SOMEONE has to lose. I don't play there so it ain't me, which one of you is dumping 200 grand a year to snatch, I mean smash? LOL

krup24  Post Posted: Wed, Jul 13th, 2005 9:54    Post subject:Smasharoo wrote:I've made about $10,000 a month since I moved up to $5/$10 about three moths ago. Before that I was doing probably $4 or $5k a month at 3/6 but I was playing less hands. I'e really been focusing on getting a lot of hands recently.It's not the bulk of my income, but I'll never be homeless while internet poker is around.So your making 120K per year playing online poker Rolling EyesAre you planning on curing cancer next?
I love how anything Smash says people are so skeptical of. He's singlehandedly polarized much of this forum.Anyways, why is making that much from online poker so hard to believe?I have a feeling that who posted it has a lot to do with it. Anything Smash says people immediately have to question. Well the guy who hooks me up with rakeback made like $60,000 in half a year last year and it was his first year playing online poker, so it's doable.
5/10 making 1 big bet an hour for 2000 hours (1 year 40 hours a week + 2 week vaca) = 20,000 * 4 tables = 80,000. that's being very conservitive. No offense smash, but these are still low limits, you can pick up at least 2 bets/ hour.

Troy, I didn't even read the block of text you posted.I'm I'm responding to you, I'll quote you. Don't make the mistake of thinking I'm more than marginally aware of your existance.Most losers won't play online, you know. They say it's because they lose the advatage of physical reads, or they worry about collusion, or whatever. The reality 99% of the time is they can't hide the fact that they're losing players, because it's all there in black and white online.I play live, also, and live games are so much softer than online it's laughable. Most people that can beat 1/2 online would just kill 10/20 live. The problem with playing live is that while it's MUCH softer, it would take me a year to get in the hands I play in a month 4 tabling online. If not more. Because it's single tabled, it also requires a much larger bankroll to acheive the same earn.Live play is, frankly, for suckers unless you're playing $100/$200 or higher.

5/10 making 1 big bet an hour for 2000 hours (1 year 40 hours a week + 2 week vaca) = 20,000 * 4 tables = 80,000. that's being very conservitive. No offense smash, but these are still low limits, you can pick up at least 2 bets/ hour.I'm at 2.4 ish per 100 hands.As I said in a previous post, I'm actually underestimating my actual earn this year, and not including rakeback. I could easily land at $200K or more./shrug.

You don't find losing players here because losing players won't go to an internet forum to get better. They just don't give a damn.And Smash:Start a 6000th post thread when you get there!

5/10 making 1 big bet an hour for 2000 hours (1 year 40 hours a week + 2 week vaca) = 20,000 * 4 tables = 80,000. that's being very conservitive. No offense smash, but these are still low limits, you can pick up at least 2 bets/ hour.I'm at 2.4 ish per 100 hands.As I said in a previous post, I'm actually underestimating my actual earn this year, and not including rakeback.  I could easily land at $200K or more./shrug.
agreed, and anyone who argues w/ that, just hasn't played enough cards.Also smash,one thing i noticed is that this site uses 100hands and 1 hour of play sometimes interchangbly. I usually pick up about 2 bets an hour which works out to about2.5 per 100 hands.Is that a mistake, or are you guys really seeing 100 per hour? Figure if you do, youre at a short handed game.

You are correct in one statement, live is much softer, therefore, it is a much better place to play. Next issue at hand, I don't care if you respond to what I write, read it, wipe your ass with it, whatever, you are nothing but a hemmroid on the ******* of life therefore you mean absolutely nothing to me, lol. Just another internet liar who is trying to make himself feel better about his pathetic little life. And no, live play is not for suckers, it is the way the game was meant to be played, but internet play is for cowards, those of you who are afraid to step out from behind your monitors. If the shoe fits smashawho

Is that a mistake, or are you guys really seeing 100 per hour? Figure if you do, youre at a short handed game.I have no idea how many hads I see per hour. Don't really care much. BB/Hour is a fairly useless measurment unless you're talking about live play where counting hands is impractical. BB/100 is a lot more usefull for judging performance.

oh, and that's the last I have to say about it so run off at the mouth if you want but I'm done with you, you are dimissed little boy.

Is that a mistake, or are you guys really seeing 100 per hour? Figure if you do, youre at a short handed game.I have no idea how many hads I see per hour.  Don't really care much.  BB/Hour is a fairly useless measurment unless you're talking about live play where counting hands is impractical.  BB/100 is a lot more usefull for judging performance.
i hear you.btw pokerstars shows the hands / hour in the lobby. Most run about 55-75. probably the only site that does that

And no, live play is not for suckers, it is the way the game was meant to be played, but internet play is for cowards, those of you who are afraid to step out from behind your monitors. If the shoe fits smashawhoDid you miss the part where I said I play live too?I know it's tough to read for you, so I'll tell you what I'll do. Let me know where you live and I'll hire a troop of clowns to come and preform a puppet show for you explaining my posts.

hmm how many bb per 100 should i be making at $1-2 limit?2-3 is good.When I was playing through it I had streches of really live games where I was around 5 for over 40,000 hands, but a lot of that is variance.