dui

update: just got back from courtlucked out really.. the judge and the prosecuter ended up dropping the underage and wreckless driving charges and just gave me the dui (which is gonna be about 400 and some odd bucks). 30 day suspension of my lisence and some rehab classes.thanks for the info guys that have been there, and sorry to theresa and spice that i didn't get any jail time.
You think you got off easy?Wait until your insurance company finds out.
Guest XXEddie
yea, a dui is going to cost you alot more than the 400 something bucks you paid for the fine, i remember in drivers ed the average DUI costs you something like 10-15k
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.
update: just got back from courtlucked out really.. the judge and the prosecuter ended up dropping the underage and wreckless driving charges and just gave me the dui (which is gonna be about 400 and some odd bucks). 30 day suspension of my lisence and some rehab classes.thanks for the info guys that have been there, and sorry to theresa and spice that i didn't get any jail time.
you are a lucky mofo. now expect your insurance to go way up

be glad you don't live in Texas. I think they have now changed the laws to where the just drag you out of the car, stomp on your nuts for about an hour, drag you back to the station behind the vehicle, and then throw you in a cell with the biggest dude there that likes to "break the newbies in".Then they revoke your license and fine you.Then you insurance goes way, way up.

so did you get a lawyer or not? If so, how much did you pay?
i ended up going against my better judgement (and kdawg's advice), and didn't get a lawyer.
welp, it finally happened lol. got my first dui about a month ago and have court tomorrow. i was just wondering what i have to look look forward to as far as fines/probation and s.hit like that (and nope i'm not 21 yet :oops: ).anyone ever dealt with this before? any info would be much appreciated..thx
Sorry, I don't get the lol part of your post. What the hell is so funny about getting a DUI? Would you be laughing if someone had died? I hope not.I don't mean to be a dweeb about it, but seriously, you came across as not caring about what you did. An uncaring prick like you probably deserved some jail time.-Shawn K.
welp, it finally happened lol. got my first dui about a month ago and have court tomorrow. i was just wondering what i have to look look forward to as far as fines/probation and s.hit like that (and nope i'm not 21 yet :oops: ).anyone ever dealt with this before? any info would be much appreciated..thx
Sorry, I don't get the lol part of your post. What the hell is so funny about getting a DUI? Would you be laughing if someone had died? I hope not.I don't mean to be a dweeb about it, but seriously, you came across as not caring about what you did. An uncaring prick like you probably deserved some jail time.-Shawn K.
you ARE being a dweeb. The kid apologized to those who've been hurt for not getting jail time. Pretty humble to me...
I really hope you learn something from this. You are right, you got off lucky. I just hope that this wasn't too light and that you do it again.
no, it definitely won't happen again. and i was sincere about my earlier post being sorry, i've also had friends seriously get injured or have died..and to the lol guy.. i'm sorry if i appeared or came off as not caring. i'm the kind of kid that if i mess up, i don't like to dwell on it too much opposed to actually try to learn from an experience and take care of it the best i can.sorry to you if i came off as a prickedit: i know, i can't spell

Those of you saying a lawyer would have been a waste of money are ****ing retards.I had a dui charge, my lawyer got it thrown out on some tiny stupid loophole.Got nothing, thankfully, because I was pulled over for doing 28 in a 25 during a 5 mile drive home.

Those of you saying a lawyer would have been a waste of money are censored retards.I had a dui charge, my lawyer got it thrown out on some tiny stupid loophole.Got nothing, thankfully, because I was pulled over for doing 28 in a 25 during a 5 mile drive home.
2 things -- what was the loophole Matlock uncovered for you? And how much did Matlock charge you? Be honest
Those of you saying a lawyer would have been a waste of money are censored retards.I had a dui charge, my lawyer got it thrown out on some tiny stupid loophole.Got nothing, thankfully, because I was pulled over for doing 28 in a 25 during a 5 mile drive home.
2 things -- what was the loophole Matlock uncovered for you? And how much did Matlock charge you? Be honest
Probably a new baby blue sport jacket and a hot dog from the cart outside the courthouse.
yea, a dui is going to cost you alot more than the 400 something bucks you paid for the fine, i remember in drivers ed the average DUI costs you something like 10-15k
The DUI will cost the person anywhere from 1-3 grand every year for 3 years.

I know here in Iowa, if you get a DUI, you lose your license for 90 days, first offense, and it doubles for every offense after that. You also have somewhere around a grand in court fines, and you can't get your license back, even after the 90 days, if you haven'd paid off the fines. Edit: I forgot the mandatory weekend 'drunk camp' and alcohol dependency classes. And then ofcourse there's paying SR22 insurance, which for say, a 93 Chevy Lumina, liability only, will set you back $900+ every six months for the next 5-7 years(I forget if it's 5 or 7 years the DUI stays on your record).If it's a DUI accident, you're in deep shit. 30 days in jail, 2 years plus that you'll lose your license, and that's assuming no one was injured. Actually, all in all, it sounds like the punishments are weak as hell out there for a DUI.