what's a decent sng winrate?

Here you go allinbluff35: 50%
I changed my SN on party awhile ago so the most recent sng's I've played(over 200) are under a name I'd rather not give out.
Why? Not busting your balls here, just curious.
I'd rather not have people datamine my stats
Hard to believe that guy is at 53%...I've played thousands of SNG's and have prophecy...I've only seen a percentage like that on players who have played a very limited number of games... or who play in extraordinaly low buy-ins...
check out my stats on pokerpropehcy.com , it's nutonflop probably have at least a hundred games, maybe 200. let me know my extact #'s please. Might have dropped to 50%. i've been running bad on party recently.
Hard to believe that guy is at 53%...I've played thousands of SNG's and have prophecy...I've only seen a percentage like that on players who have played a very limited number of games... or who play in extraordinaly low buy-ins...
check out my stats on pokerpropehcy.com , it's nutonflop probably have at least a hundred games, maybe 200. let me know my extact #'s please. Might have dropped to 50%. i've been running bad on party recently.
Player nutonflop Games played 119 Wins 60 (50.42%) Losses 59 (49.58%) Average Buy-In $36.09 Players with better winning percentage 42776 Players with worse winning percentage 509696 $100 Table: 1 wins / 1 losses / 50% wins $50 Table: 19 wins / 26 losses / 42.22% wins $30 Table: 32 wins / 24 losses / 57.14% wins $20 Table: 2 wins / 2 losses / 50% wins $10 Table: 2 wins / 3 losses / 40% wins $5 Table: 4 wins / 3 losses / 57.14% wins
53%!!! Nice! That's pretty sick!You're that good huh? How do you do it? Do you fold your way in the money most of the times or you're that good of a player? I always find a way to screw up near the end and having bad timing is also terrible. AQ vs AK...etc..
i'm very loose. and try to steal all the 10-15 blinds by going all in, then i start making fun of everyone at the table for being so tight to put them on tilt. I play any suitd connector down to the river, in hopes to crack big pocket pairs. Here are two good links that best explains my strategy.http://www.72off.cjb.nethttp://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...8244&highlight=sw... two words. action dan
Player nutonflop Games played 119 Wins 60 (50.42%) Losses 59 (49.58%) Average Buy-In $36.09 Players with better winning percentage 42776 Players with worse winning percentage 509696 $100 Table: 1 wins / 1 losses / 50% wins $50 Table: 19 wins / 26 losses / 42.22% wins $30 Table: 32 wins / 24 losses / 57.14% wins $20 Table: 2 wins / 2 losses / 50% wins $10 Table: 2 wins / 3 losses / 40% wins $5 Table: 4 wins / 3 losses / 57.14% wins
ty.... yeah,recently my waterloo has been the 50$s. think i'd feel better at 100s or 30's. i also stopped playing sng altogether but i used to be 54%. i guess that in itself is an arguement against tournies and for cash games.

I decided to start tracking my SnG's over the past couple of weeks on a spreadsheet. I play $10 buy ins at Bodog. I've cashed in 7 of the 12 or 58% I've played in and placed 1st twice. Thats just a very small sample but I should have a better picture after 100 or so.The key to cashing in these like any NL tourny is survival. Dont go in with coinflips unless your shortstacked, in the money already, or big chip lead. For example, in the early stages if someone goes all in pre flop and you have A J or pocket 9's, fold it.

I'm sure someone will disagree with me about this, but I've noticed that it's really a crap shoot once you make the money unless you have a major chip lead. Just my thoughts.I'm pretty good heads up, I move allin preflop with good hands, (hoping my opponent will figure I'm on a bluff ) and I raise with marginal hands, incase I'm reraised I can let it go. (Not really sure if that strategy is correct or not, but so far so good.)Any SNG advice would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think once you make the money it's a crap shoot if you don't have chip lead. I think you just need to be aggressive.Your basic heads up strategy is reasonable. Heads up, aggression wins. I know Hellmuth won the heads up championship with trap play but that just won't work with the SnG blind structure. I disagree with the all in preflop with good hands idea. You want him in the hand when you've got good cards. Minimal raise or flat call with stronger hands IMO but remember to mix it up a bit. My win rate for SnGs (or rather in the money rate) is about 50% or so but I've had sessions where it's higher (went 8 for 10 with 6 wins at $10 SnGs) and lower (got killed no matter how I played, and only got one 3rd place in 10 tournies). As long as you maintain a reasonable average (you really only need to win 1 in 5 to be even) then you're doing OK. Good luck with the SnGs 8)
sometimes i like being the short stack in heads up....it feels so much better when u win. The other day i was down something insane like 970 to 14k+ and i won.....I'm pretty sure the guy felt like an a$$hole he logged off quickly afterwards so i didn't get to talk smack...oh well it was still fun beating him.
ty.... yeah,recently my waterloo has been the 50$s. think i'd feel better at 100s or 30's. i also stopped playing sng altogether but i used to be 54%. i guess that in itself is an arguement against tournies and for cash games.
Why not just buy pokerprophecy?You have the money. ???Reminds me of my friend that will buy a R7 driver and Pro V-1x's but too cheap too buy tees.
Why not just buy pokerprophecy?You have the money. ???Reminds me of my friend that will buy a R7 driver and Pro V-1x's but too cheap too buy tees.
Wow, what an illiterate jackass. I DON'T PLAY SNGS ANYMORE. also, look into poker tracker, way better

I used to play exclusively on PP SNGs at the $10+$1 and 4 table everytime I played. I tracked my results pretty religuously for a while. Nevertheless, all this to say, is that I found that a winning % above 45% is VERY good. By 4 tabling and having a pretty equal distribution between 1-3, that will make you $20+ per hour. Though, I never had lower than 39% cash rate for any one month, I would gather that 35% would be minimum EV+ endeavor.Between February and July of 2004, I played over 2,000 SNGs at PP. These stats are pretty much based on that.Before I get flamed for posting my own stats and tooting my own horn, which I am not doing, I certainly don't think my play was the most optimal as I felt that my winning was based more on my opponents' poor play than my great play. I have since moved on from PP as I have gotten bored with the fast structure and the crap shoot at PP's level 8 and 9 plays. (I don't what people say...it's a crap shoot when you get 3 or 4 handed at PP's level 8-9. There isn't enough chips to go around to be creative. Bluffing basically becomes an irrevelant move.) I now play SNGs almost exclusively at UB. The structure is much slow and lends to much better play. Though, I don't track my earnings at UB, I am very confident that my cash rate is much lower there. Probably just a marginally winning player on UB. My poker earnings are almost exclusively dependent upon ring games now. I find them much better for EV+. I play SNGs thrill of competition.

poker prophecy is very inaccurate... they don't track all the games. SnG tracker is lovely... has bar graph to show what places you get and how frequent, graphs for ROI and ITM, %s of placing from the bubble... overall net profits, amounts spent on rake.. its very convenient.

I used to play exclusively on PP SNGs at the $10+$1 and 4 table everytime I played. I tracked my results pretty religuously for a while. Nevertheless, all this to say, is that I found that a winning % above 45% is VERY good. By 4 tabling and having a pretty equal distribution between 1-3, that will make you $20+ per hour. Though, I never had lower than 39% cash rate for any one month, I would gather that 35% would be minimum EV+ endeavor.Between February and July of 2004, I played over 2,000 SNGs at PP. These stats are pretty much based on that.Before I get flamed for posting my own stats and tooting my own horn, which I am not doing, I certainly don't think my play was the most optimal as I felt that my winning was based more on my opponents' poor play than my great play. I have since moved on from PP as I have gotten bored with the fast structure and the crap shoot at PP's level 8 and 9 plays. (I don't what people say...it's a crap shoot when you get 3 or 4 handed at PP's level 8-9. There isn't enough chips to go around to be creative. Bluffing basically becomes an irrevelant move.) I now play SNGs almost exclusively at UB. The structure is much slow and lends to much better play. Though, I don't track my earnings at UB, I am very confident that my cash rate is much lower there. Probably just a marginally winning player on UB. My poker earnings are almost exclusively dependent upon ring games now. I find them much better for EV+. I play SNGs thrill of competition.