take deep breaths between self-inflicted stabwounds

OK folks - by way of introduction, long time lurker, relatively new poster, blah blah blah. It's OK - flame away, it can't hurt anymore than it does right now anyway. I admit, I'm learning a TON. I'm not a whale, but I'd like to think I was holding my own... I started in May with $200 and brought it up to $600. I made mistakes along the way, but have learned and tightened up my game.I've got a question on variance. I'm not tilting. I THINK I'm playing good poker. So why have I bled away cash in the last few days?Since June 26, I've played close to 2,000 hands. My VP/IP is 19.58%, my aggression factor is around 2.1, mostly on .25 and .50 NL games. But I'm hemoraging cash in the last few days! I'm playing tight and aggressive, playing within my bankroll... but it just seems I can't win.The last 3 times I've had KK or AA, I've been on the SB and the BB has folded, since I raised preflop. I could slowplay, but I don't believe in slowplaying the nuts.I just got dealt a full house in the BB - with my 58, the flop comes 588. I check, everyone checks. I make one bet on the turn, everyone folds. Come on folks - it's a board of rags! AAUUGGHH!!OMG - just now, my KK got busted by someone who stuck around through my raise on every corner and got a running 22 to match his 52. This was in limit - otherwise I would have raised the crap out of the pot.It's all been since I switched to Pokerroom, incidentally. I'm trying to clear a $200 deposit bonus, but geez - I'm about ready to delete the software.Sorry to vent on you guys... any thoughts? Could it be I'm focusing on bonus clearing instead of good poker? I don't think so - I'd love to share my Pokertracker database with someone if they'd like to take a look. But is this kind of swing normal? I've taken a $600 bankroll and shaved it to around $350 in 3 days.I've been lurking long enough to know how you treat newbies. I really hope I'm not Open Farrelling here - I'm just a small guy trying to keep an open mind and learn a lot. But wow - this stinks.

You're probably going through a downswing. It happens to everyone. Some last months. Not much you can do. I have an article on environment and tilt prevention on my blog (decent article). Look at your PT stats and see if there's something that YOU should be doing differently. Everytime I go through a downswing, I find a leak in my game. You do have one thing going for you though - you know bankroll management. :club:

waaah waah waah.We all play poker. We all lose a lot. We have bad streaks, bad beats and everything else that comes with it. It doesn't matter how good you are, you'll still lose quite a bit all the time. Waaaah waaah waaah.CT

man...the guy simply asks for help and only 1 serious response...yes its a part of poker that we all lose but if you dont like his post just dont respond...and in response to your question, i wouldnt consider myself good enough to actually hand out help ...so sorry..

I'm not complaining about bad beats - they're part of poker. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear... just how much of a variance is 'normal' before you start to get genuinely concerned?
Oh, Don't mind me, I'm an ass-hole. :club:
I'm not complaining about bad beats - they're part of poker. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear... just how much of a variance is 'normal' before you start to get genuinely concerned?
Bad luck can last months, hours, weeks, etc., there isn't a certain point in which we say that there has been enough bad luck. If I were you I would take some time off, like a month or so. Re-evaluate your play, read some books, and just try to find the holes in your game.

i usually move down a limitseems to help most of the time.then when i feel my mood and my game are in better shape i move back up.this could take a day, an hour, or a month.just wait until you feel confortable with your game again.

downswings and variance happen to us all. You question if you are good enough to play, if you were just lucky before etc. the key is losing as little as possible when the cards arent going your way.I personally have found that when ever I get on a downswing I will start making little catastrophic adjustments in my game giving a little to much action and turning a downswing into a full blown slump, So when I have one I flat out quit till I feel like I'm sitting down without unreal expectations. I tell my self I'm going to play great and if the cards don't come I'm still going to play great.( this isn't an easy lesson to learn it takes time). its all about patience.

OK folks - by way of introduction, long time lurker, relatively new poster, blah blah blah.
dont listen to all these douchebags who say "bad beat forum!" or waste a post by downing on you. if you know what you're doing, the gains will come. the worst thing you can do is go on tilt, start playing and expecting to lose or be unlucky, etc. because your play will suffer. jsut stick with your plan and be patient.
Bad beat forum.
you are a doushe. Stop padding your count with shit posts, and advice. It getting ridiculous, considering the job of meaningless posts is for justblaze.